looplijuh

Enable Steam Workshop ( Players develop alongside developers )

Enable Steam Workshop?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should they allow players to add content to the game?

Steam workshop could be a great addition to DayZ. Not only could people post crazy content that makes the game amazing, but if the developers took the time to see what players posted, they could implement them into the core game since its in early alpha. 

Maybe even use steam workshop as a platform for the players to help build the game. Obviously there would have to be a rigorous criteria for making into the final game, but amazing content has come from non-developers. Honestly it's taking them forever to update the game, so that's why I'm suggesting this. More content means more fun and more DayZ war stories that everyone loves. 

This could be the first step in making this a game that the player really makes his own. This game is all about the player surviving and playing a story that he or she creates. Why not make it even more personal by letting him create his own content into the game to make his story even greater?

I feel as though that at this stage this would cause a lot of problems. When the game engine is stable, hopefully in beta, then definitely. For now it seems that there are really big changes happening to the engine on a weekly basis, plus there are no private hives.

So until private hives are available and the core game is stable I doubt we'll be seeing any workshop integration, though I'd love to see custom content; especially new buildings and weapons.

I don't like Steam Workshop.

Maybe not even steam workshop, just some way for players to add custom content into the game. I.E buildings, weapons, clothing etc. because then you could truly create your own character and write your own story.

The fact that there are over 1,700,000 players means that the community is there for thriving player created content.

In it's current form I would agree with BeefBacon and Steak and potatoes that it might not be quite ready, but this NEEDS to be implemented at some point, so I feel like we should get the community behind it so they can get it going as soon as its practical.

Edited by looplijuh

Omfg dev blogs dev blogs dev blogs DEV BLOGS

It's coming. not now, but it's coming. >.>

• Like 1

Omfg dev blogs dev blogs dev blogs DEV BLOGS

It's coming. not now, but it's coming. >.>

Exactly. Dean has stated that when the game is at a true release, he will put in modding support and is considering Steam Workshop

The biggest thing we need to have with DayZ is patience

• Like 1

Exactly. Dean has stated that when the game is at a true release, he will put in modding support and is considering Steam Workshop

The biggest thing we need to have with DayZ is patience

The way BI games handle mod balance is through signature checking. Because signatures are easy to spoof (in a sense), he doesn't want players joining servers with "Mods" (hax) that set out going fire hydrant damage to 9 million at a range of 99 miles in 180 degrees, which is extremely easy to do and would literally destroy the game beyond recognition. He can't allow mods until he has signature verification down-pat.

go mods go!

i'd like to see cool and game-fixing/enhancing stuff

but from steam workshop it'll be

GUN SKINSSSSSS BROOOOOOOOO

Just for creating maps, all guns, from all around the world should be added in advance, to prevent players from drastically changing the gameplay, with infinite ammo instakill guns.

The only problem I have with mods is that we'll undoubtedly see "500 VEHICLES, 100 HELIS, START WITH M4A1, UNLIMITED CARRY SPACE" servers.

However, the benefits of private hives and custom servers do (in my mind), outweigh that, as having custom games to play would be fun.

• Like 1

Allowing community members to make gun models and textures would be awesome.

Maybe clothing aswell.

Edited by AP_Norris

Honestly it's taking them forever to update the game, so that's why I'm suggesting this.

That's because core-issues are being worked on, such as loot respawning and Zombies respawning and Zombies getting smarter.

I suggest you go and take a look at the presentation at Rezzed, where the roadmap of development is presented. Mods are confirmed for final release.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175596-summary-of-dev-qas-from-streams/

• Like 1