Sign in to follow this  
bobotype3334

Map wide loot areas and areas of interest

What's to stop people from staying at the coast where pretty much everything they could want is?
Just suggesting that parts of the map need to have specific items to encourage players to travel there, all of varying value; these could be kept in special locations that would justify their existence pretty much only there.

EXAMPLES:
Petrol Tankers-- for when vehicles are introduced, a pretty much endless source of siphonable fuel for players that can maybe even also be driven; hiding at Gvozdno, just coming into the map near Grozovoy Pass, and innawoods trails near Vyshnoye.

Military Museum-Dubrovka: Ex-Soviet uniforms, shashka sabers, and mosin nagants/ammo hiding out here. This should be a nearly exclusive spawn point of the Soviet uniforms and shashkas, apart from the odd civilian home.

Prison--Riot gear and possibly tasers, or some other kind of nonlethal device not found in the police stations. I know the prison's been announced, so I won't try and slap a place label on it, but if they put it in, say, Zelenogorsk then like I'm saying you'll see more players making up-map treks.

Can Opener Factory at Krasnostav: Not really exclusive but a guaranteed place to find yourself a can opener.

Pitchforks: Only at midmap farming country houses, such as Kabanino, Grishno, Stary Sobor etc.

Suggestions of map-location-specifc loot welcome.

• Like 5

I agree.  I think the entire map should be force-utilized in some way.  "If you don't want fuel for your vehicle, fine - don't travel inland.  Just don't expect to find any around here" kind of thing.  Endless supply of fuel, though?... I don't think so.  But I DO agree that they should design the game where people are nearly FORCED to move about.

Personally, I enjoy hanging around my favorite town, but I will also admit that it can get pretty boring doing that.

• Like 1

I love the concept of there being only two area's on the maps to find fuel which are both inland, this would make getting fuel risky as there would be other squads also trying to gather fuel, the tankers could be pretty huge (like the ones in solinichny). The game does need more incentive to travel inland so yeah good ideas.

there should be no firearm spawns near the coast...

u want a gun? go deep into the map...

there are alot of ways to force ppl to move deeper into the map... atm this game feels like a regular FPS...

i know i know theres stuff comming...

Edited by quantum2k6

I'm not trying to say though that ALL the loot should be localized to only one area of the map, though, like you should still be able to find can openers or regular weapons wherever, but some not-absolutely-necessary things like special building equipment or sniper rifles or land mines should definitely have dedicated areas as the only areas they spawn.
That's another thing: Balota Airfield's military base has got to go as soon as we get bikes.

Here's another idea: Add flares, make them restricted to the crashed ship.