Sign in to follow this  
Zeromi

*Optional* Tutorial

I think an optional tutorial in the final build would be hugely beneficial. a small sectioned off area of the world where you can learn to crouch/prone/stand, zero your weapon etc. (There could be a fortified encampment that you start off in, a farm or something, they could release a caged zombie or two or have them chained to posts at different distances to learn how to zero-in). Not sure how a random spawn would work from there - maybe zombies breaking through the barriers and you run off in a random direction in the dark come-to or 'spawn' as day breaks. 

a tutorial of some sort at least. being new to dayz and pc gaming in general a guide would be helpful.

I struggled with bandages for ages, trying to figure it out for myself. 

there could be a basic and complete guide if people want to figure out the item mechanics for themselves.

just a thought. 

thanks

Edited by Zeromi

I think an optional tutorial in the final build would be hugely beneficial. a small sectioned off area of the world where you can learn to crouch/prone/stand, zero your weapon etc. (There could be a fortified encampment that you start off in, a farm or something, they could release a caged zombie or two or have them chained to posts at different distances to learn how to zero-in). Not sure how a random spawn would work from there - maybe zombies breaking through the barriers and you run off in a random direction in the dark come-to or 'spawn' as day breaks. 

a tutorial of some sort at least. being new to dayz and pc gaming in general a guide would be helpful.

I struggled with bandages for ages, trying to figure it out for myself. 

there could be a basic and complete guide if people want to figure out the item mechanics for themselves.

just a thought. 

thanks

Seems like a good idea, they had it arma 2 and OA so i wouldnt see why not. Good idea buddy

Nah,everything in the DayZ universe is and will forever be player generated.

That is why a closed fortified area-training facility,can't exist.Who is gonna run it?

The npcs who don't exist? :)

Just press escape,go to controls and check or assign the keys for the specific actions.

i didn't mean for it to be a permanent feature/fixture. 

it could be 'destroyed in a fire' or just off the coast on an island that won't be on the map because, reasons. 

I dunno, I'm just the ideas guy. 

All i'm saying is, a tut would be helpful. for a huge percentage of dayz players 

I'm not overly fussy about how it's implemented. 

The controls generally are a (bit) clunky atm,

no tutorial will ever fix that.This is why Rocket said

that they are doing controls from scratch if i'm not mistaken.

So rejoice,we will definetely see brighter dayz ahead.

• Like 1

that would actually be rather favourable over a tutorial. 

at least if the control scheme is simplified out of the box it will give you more to to figure out how the hell you put a splint on that busted up leg

did not know that - have some beans

Rocket's always been against the idea of a tutorial. I doubt there will be one.

He may be against it but if there was a large enough demand for one....

never say never I guess but I think you're right 

• Like 1

Maybe there could be a tutorial on a ship or something, like a really brief scripted mission sort of thing that involves you moving around, opening doors, picking up items, being attacked by a person on the ship that has been infected with the virus, and then the ship goes into chaos and blah blah screaming etc and you're knocked overboard.

The screen goes black... You spawn on the coast.

I think there should be a little setting to how you got to Chernarus.  Perhaps have different tutorials that do different things and you only get to do one per life?  That way you don't know all the mechanics right away (besides basic movement/aiming/etc,) and you could possibly have one extra item depending on which you chose?  Could have an "origin" in the character customization screen that relates to each choice.  Nothing crazy, just the last little trinket besides your flashlight that you managed to hold on to in your escape.  Matches, bandages, a small pocket knife, etc.  Useful, but not game altering.