Sign in to follow this  
cuddly_rabbit

Is this a desync problem? What can I do to avoid it next time?

I got a weird desync (?) problem that I encountered yesterday.

My desync was 100.000 (according to my mates, it showed "0" to me) and it seems I never got "synced".
I did not get any red/yellow chainlink symbols at all.

Whenever I did something in my inventory, it took 10 seconds to respond and give me the options of what I could do.

Weapon shortcuts would not react, so I was totally defenseless.
I could however run around normally, just every interaction with the environment was not "mirrored back" to me, I assume.

Interestingly, my mates on Teamspeak could see every of my actions, like "you are holding your axe now", while I did not see any reaction. Seems the server did not send me back the vital information for some reason.

I did not upload/download anything.
My ping was normal/good (~50).
And there were some servers that seem to not be affected. All DayZ DE however had the problem, it seems.

It resulted in the death of my character as I could not see the Zeds that were there in reality. :(

Is there anything I can do on my side to avoid that?
Is it related to special server?
Or special areas?
Equipment? Broken items?

I am kind of clueless and want to avoid it in the future as it led to the first really frustrating moment in DayZ when I was slaughtered by invisible Z after I made it to the airfield and meet up with my mates for the first time. QQ (I know, Alpha... still it kinda hurts)

Andy

Edited by cuddly_rabbit

Just join a server which has not a high ping. If your PC and the internet configuration is working properly, you know it's the servers of DayZ. As I bought the game I couldn't play like on most of the servers which my buddies were joining, so I had to find a server myself. A few weeks later I've already forgotten about this problem and till today I had no similar problems anymore. It depends on a server BUT if you have a slow internet speed with WLAN USB stick or something like that, it may desync quite heavy and you have to find servers which have 60 ping but that will be hard

Just a little update: Today it is fine again. Weird. (yet I will not complain, of course) :D

Edited by cuddly_rabbit

And today again.
Desync (100.000) kicked in exactly when other players came close and we prepared for confrontation.
It did not during the hour of moving into position... *sighs*

I'd like to understand it.

I get desync-killed (don't even realize it), and after respawning, everything is perfectly fine again.
This is weird.

Would be grateful for advice on what I can do to avoid this.
It's kind of silly to get gear and then die while frozen without any chance to even do anything. 3rd time now this has happened.