Sign in to follow this  
RoterBallon

Sneaky server update! (confirmed)

Please do, would be good to know if those are affected as well.

NWAF tents were completely empty after a server restart.  I believe this to be a hoax as even none of the pictures provided showed any evidence that this is true.

Forgive me my poor English, I think this is the root for all irritation:

It's not a game, we've had a chance to pay (crowd- founding) to serve as test pilots and as " meat " to stress the engine and the servers for bugs and glitch to come forth and be found before the game is finished.

This so the dev´s will not be accused of " releasing the game too early," as was the case with all BF 's releases , for example. Nobody likes to pay dearly for a buggy game.

This method is not new or unique. But very effective at finding faults in the structure of the game.

This strategy is now destroyed by a horde of little kids rushing to, because they hear about that it is " cool " and because it " costs less " and not understanding what this is about.

They do not understand that they need to pedal around the ENTIRE game board and pry into every corner and to open all the doors so any errors are found ... maybe not always so fun ... but it is what it is all about. It will be fun even for kids, then when the game is finished.

Instead, the kids create their own little “game world“ encompassing only electro and Balota,with occasional visits to other military camps or airfields to quickly “gear 'up”, then quickly back to the East Coast to sabotage as many Fresh spawns as possible in the easiest way. (they THINK they are trolling) But they are just pathetic and tiring. They made a CoD corner ... small map and pew pew pew...

Then the need to acquire cheats is born, because they do not have the experience or skills and gets killed in every possible way (Z´s, glitches, rooftop´s and “bandits” = everyone that shoot them...) and even starts to cry over this in all the forums. (they even cry in forums over the fact that Steam or Battle eye banned them because of cheating?!?)

This results in that fewer mature players have the desire to be involved in the development of the game and they leave for now to other places... dayz mods or Rust.

So, what can we do guys? Well, just like in real life, you have to adapt and improvise.

Z's begins suddenly get supervision and ability to run fast as hell... adapt and improvise. Fun, exciting and easy. A challenge which makes it interesting to poke around with the new conditions.

All of a sudden the scene is flooding over its limits by mentally retarded kids who are excited to be able to torture their victims before they kill them. Adapt and improvise. Avoid becoming a victim, search strategies that make a mess of life for them. Create chaos around them and prevail.

Cheaters... well. What to say? Switch to and stick to the servers where you do not suffer cheaters and report.

If you have a server where no one log except 2-3 script kids so of course it gets too boring in the long run... maybe the server admin starts kicking cheaters?

Bite your teeth and hold on, winds will change

Forgive me my poor English, I think this is the root for all irritation:

It's not a game, we've had a chance to pay (crowd- founding) to serve as test pilots and as " meat " to stress the engine and the servers for bugs and glitch to come forth and be found before the game is finished.

This so the dev´s will not be accused of " releasing the game too early," as was the case with all BF 's releases , for example. Nobody likes to pay dearly for a buggy game.

This method is not new or unique. But very effective at finding faults in the structure of the game.

This strategy is now destroyed by a horde of little kids rushing to, because they hear about that it is " cool " and because it " costs less " and not understanding what this is about.

They do not understand that they need to pedal around the ENTIRE game board and pry into every corner and to open all the doors so any errors are found ... maybe not always so fun ... but it is what it is all about. It will be fun even for kids, then when the game is finished.

Instead, the kids create their own little “game world“ encompassing only electro and Balota,with occasional visits to other military camps or airfields to quickly “gear 'up”, then quickly back to the East Coast to sabotage as many Fresh spawns as possible in the easiest way. (they THINK they are trolling) But they are just pathetic and tiring. They made a CoD corner ... small map and pew pew pew...

Then the need to acquire cheats is born, because they do not have the experience or skills and gets killed in every possible way (Z´s, glitches, rooftop´s and “bandits” = everyone that shoot them...) and even starts to cry over this in all the forums. (they even cry in forums over the fact that Steam or Battle eye banned them because of cheating?!?)

This results in that fewer mature players have the desire to be involved in the development of the game and they leave for now to other places... dayz mods or Rust.

So, what can we do guys? Well, just like in real life, you have to adapt and improvise.

Z's begins suddenly get supervision and ability to run fast as hell... adapt and improvise. Fun, exciting and easy. A challenge which makes it interesting to poke around with the new conditions.

All of a sudden the scene is flooding over its limits by mentally retarded kids who are excited to be able to torture their victims before they kill them. Adapt and improvise. Avoid becoming a victim, search strategies that make a mess of life for them. Create chaos around them and prevail.

Cheaters... well. What to say? Switch to and stick to the servers where you do not suffer cheaters and report.

If you have a server where no one log except 2-3 script kids so of course it gets too boring in the long run... maybe the server admin starts kicking cheaters?

Bite your teeth and hold on, winds will change

Uh, what are you on about?  This is a discussion on whether or not a patch was snuck in, which I believe it to be false.

Uh, what are you on about?  This is a discussion on whether or not a patch was snuck in, which I believe it to be false.

Dang

My mistake, had many pages up and misposted this one. Sory

i can currently comfirm after playing last night that the tents at nwaf and so forth are spawning loot on regular servers , not only tents but most buildings now have loot or the one that did spawn loot now have upped amounts once again . this must of been a server side update that has not been declared by developers , The loot level is so high it makes me wonder if perhaps it will not stay this way for long and cut it back to implement more zombies or more players . overall very exciting times and even better now tents are spawning .

DayZ2014-04-0818-13-28-119_zps56639f0b.j

I was also skeptical, but just did a quick run of the NWAF tents...

I went in with just a mosin, came out with that M4, all that ammo/those mags, all the M4 bolt ons and 2 LRS.

DayZ2014-04-0818-13-28-119_zps56639f0b.j

I was also skeptical, but just did a quick run of the NWAF tents...

I went in with just a mosin, came out with that M4, all that ammo/those mags, all the M4 bolt ons and 2 LRS.

That picture proves nothing.  I want to see actual footage of people going in there showing gear all over the place.

That picture proves nothing.  I want to see actual footage of people going in there showing gear all over the place.

I still have bandi cam. Gimme 30

I still have bandi cam. Gimme 30

Sounds good.  Hey, I use bandicam too!!!!.  We can be Bandicam bros!!!!

i will try and get a vid up later today to prove

Sounds good.  Hey, I use bandicam too!!!!.  We can be Bandicam bros!!!!

They shall call us Bandibros.

Uploading now.

They shall call us Bandibros.

Uploading now.

Also what server host as Vilayer does not have this update?

Also what server host as Vilayer does not have this update?

99% sure it was Multiplaygameservers.com

Some variation of that URL.

Also only tested it on HC because my 3rd person peasant character is near Gorka I think.

99% sure it was Multiplaygameservers.com

Some variation of that URL.

Also only tested it on HC because my 3rd person peasant character is near Gorka I think.

Meh, I only play HC anyway :p

Meh, I only play HC anyway :P

For your consideration.

• Like 1

For your consideration.

Your topic was hidden, as this topic already exists and you already posted this video.

• Like 1

Your topic was hidden, as this topic already exists and you already posted this video.

All good, figured it would fit in the gallery.

For your consideration.

Funny, I didn't found anything in those tents with wooden floor/ grass floor but in that green barracks style buildings.

I own my a regular server through Gameservers and can tell you, there is nothing. NOT CONFIRMED for purchased servers through Gameservers.

I believe this to be a hoax

What? You could try logging in and playing, loot is spawning all over the place where it hasn't spawned for a while. In some cases it's spawning in places it's never spawned before. This is no hoax.

NWAF tents were completely empty after a server restart.  I believe this to be a hoax as even none of the pictures provided showed any evidence that this is true.

And the many players who've confirmed it on the forums and reddit are all in on said hoax? 

I think not! :) Also, someone posted pictures of all the fixed loot spawns somewhere the other day. Can't seem to find em now tho.

Edited by solodude23

:facepalm:

..thanks for letting me know its only official servers.

And for making me laugh wholeheartedly out loud at your response.

Edited by lrish

:facepalm:

..thanks for letting me know its only official servers.

And for making me laugh wholeheartedly out loud at your response.

and how is my server not official? Because I changed the name?. It's still branded as hosted by Vilayer and it does not have loot in any of those places