Sign in to follow this  
acebane

Stealth [GUIDE] - DayZ Standalone

Stealth Guide for DayZ Standalone

Hello DayZ Community,

My name is Acebane and I make a variety of different types of DayZ videos on youtube. My youtube channel is Acebane21, feel free to check out my other videos! Today, I present to you my Stealth Guide. I want to make it clear that this guide focuses on maximum stealth which isn't always optimal for every situation. I encourage all players, despite your playstyle and experience level to watch this video because you might learn something you didn't know! Feel free to post questions, feedback and general comments in this thread. If you did learn something, please give me some support by sharing this video, hitting the like button or subscribing!

TIMESTAMPS:
0:40 - Introduction
1:18 - Visual
7:04 - Spotting
8:20 - Audio
13:54 - Zombies
16:25 - Weapons
20:06 - Regular vs Hardcore Servers
21:55 - Environment
25:55 - Closing

Edited by Acebane
  • Like 14

Great video acebane, informative by all means.

Hey, Thanks Mr. S&P. Appreciate the feedback.

Watching now. I love where this is going, and it looks really well-made and competent. Timestamps are appreciated. Thanks on behalf of the community for a legit contribution.

Kinda ruins it when you use yellow submarine mode. 

I can't watch anything from someone who uses that. I can be stealthy as hell when I can magically see over a wall too.

• Like 2

I can't watch anything from someone who uses that. I can be stealthy as hell when I can magically see over a wall too.

Nex, you gotta understand that 3PP is how *most* DayZ players operate. If you're gonna make a survival guide for DayZ, you direct it at the players who need it most: The average joes.

There's plenty in here that applies to Hardcore. In fact, he mentions it if you actually took time to watch the video.

Now, did you have any other objections, or are you ready to admit you only posted to express your objection 3rd person view in general? Because that's not OP's fault.

Nex, you gotta understand that 3PP is how *most* DayZ players operate. 

Irrelevant.

Now, did you have any other objections, or are you ready to admit you only posted to express your objection 3rd person view in general? Because that's not OP's fault.

Why would I admit to something that is not true? I am not a troll so please do not put words in my mouth.

I posted because it destroys all credibility when someone posts a "stealth" video and then uses go go periscope mode. 

I couldn't careless what people play the most he could have still posted his video with all the information in it without resorting to such tactics but I guess he is not good enough for that?

• Like 1

Irrelevant.

Why would I admit to something that is not true? I am not a troll so please do not put words in my mouth.

I posted because it destroys all credibility when someone posts a "stealth" video and then uses go go periscope mode. 

I couldn't careless what people play the most he could have still posted his video with all the information in it without resorting to such tactics but I guess he is not good enough for that?

Hello Nex. I'd like to let you know I do very much enjoy the realism/challenge involved with hardcore servers. I however have two characters, regular and hardcore. I play regular more often because that's what the majority of my friends play.

I think all server should be hardcore and there shouldn't be a single 3rd person view server out there BUT.... The reality of the situation is there are people who prefer 3rd person view and will never be interested in hardcore mode. I understand their perspective on it and respect their ability to CHOOSE what server they play on. This guide however is help ALL players, both Hardcore and Regular players. Of course I have to encourage people to use "Periscope mode" in 3rd person servers. If they don't, they'll be at a severe disadvantage.

Fortunately for you, you have the choice to play on hardcore servers so no "periscope mode" there. I ask you respect other players' decisions in regards to what server they play on etc. From a guide-making standpoint, if I didn't cover it, I'd be failing at my goal. My goal is to give people tips, information, and ideas to assist them in surviving in DayZ. If you made a guide, wouldn't you appeal to both kinds of players?

In any case, this "debate" is a life-long one that occurs on these forums often. I ask we try to keep the thread focused on the video and feedback. If telling me you won't watch it because I take advantage of 3rd person view is feedback, thanks I guess.

Watching now. I love where this is going, and it looks really well-made and competent. Timestamps are appreciated. Thanks on behalf of the community for a legit contribution.

Thank you for your feedback. Also thank you for trying to explain to Nex about 3rd person view.  Your welcome, community! lol. I just want to encourage more realistic/strategic gameplay. The loot-frenzy playstyles are a bit dull and don't really savor the DayZ experience IMO. I'm hoping fixed zombies, more survival elements and other various fixes will make the loot-frenzy playstyles obsolete. Suppose that isn't fair of me to say, but it's an apocalypse after all!

SECRET HIDDEN DESIRE OF ALL TIME FOR DAYZ: Stamina system, running forever is a no-go in my book!

Edited by Acebane
  • Like 3

i cant understand your complain... he playes on a 3pp server, so everybody can use this and most players do so. why should he make a tutorial in 1st person on a 3pp server to get the disadvantage?

the hell, let everybody play as he wants. there is no little argument to complain.

Edited by newguyzombie
  • Like 1

At first I thought "Yellow submarine mode" was using yellow text in the video lol. I'm glad you guys knew what he meant because I was rethinking the text color suddenly.

• Like 1

"Irrelevant."

No, Nex, it is definitely *not* irrelevant. Acebane explained it.

Still, it's very hard to read your feedback as anything other than "I think my playstyle is superior to yours." You didn't say it, but it's strongly implied.

There's nothing stopping you from coming up with your own tutorial for 1PP mode.

• Like 1

Anyone tried any of the techniques out and have a success story?

I used it to get around in those tall apartments. I snuck away from a squad of guys looking for me by climbing a ladder silently, v keying across to another roof, then climbing down into the building and running out full speed. They had no idea where I went =p.

• Like 1

Hello Nex. I'd like to let you know I do very much enjoy the realism/challenge involved with hardcore servers. I however have two characters, regular and hardcore. I play regular more often because that's what the majority of my friends play.

So do I, I play regular 99% of the time, BUT I play it in 1PP. Just because the option is there doesn't mean you need to use it. 

I think all server should be hardcore and there shouldn't be a single 3rd person view server out there BUT.... The reality of the situation is there are people who prefer 3rd person view and will never be interested in hardcore mode. I understand their perspective on it and respect their ability to CHOOSE what server they play on. This guide however is help ALL players, both Hardcore and Regular players. Of course I have to encourage people to use "Periscope mode" in 3rd person servers. If they don't, they'll be at a severe disadvantage.

If your first sentence is true, then you shouldn't be promoting it. You should be promoting 1PP. I love how almost every body starts with "Well myself, I prefer 1PP but everybody plays 3PP and I respect their choice so I am going to follow them". I call BS. If you truly believed in 1PP then you would only play 1PP regardless of reg or HC.  People can have their in built wall hack and I will still kill them, it just means I have to be smarter.

i cant understand your complain... he playes on a 3pp server, so everybody can use this and most players do so. why should he make a tutorial in 1st person on a 3pp server to get the disadvantage?

the hell, let everybody play as he wants. there is no little argument to complain.

Your comprehension is really not of my concern. I am NOT saying that he should play any different and I am also NOT saying he shouldn't keep posting vids in 3PP. What I am saying is that he loses all respect with me and I will not watch any more vids. It's called feedback. He has three options, ignore it, take it on board, or have an internet argument with someone who was just offering their opinion.... But here we are lol

I never said 1pp was superior, I never was derogatory in anyway and I certainly never said that he should change. 

You should re-read my first post, if you are having difficulty.

So do I, I play regular 99% of the time, BUT I play it in 1PP. Just because the option is there doesn't mean you need to use it. 

so here is the point, you take the disadvantage by your own desicion. its okay, it makes it playing harder on a regular server, respectful. but this is not, what the regular servers are about :) maybe you can make a video about sneaking and beeing unvisible on a 3pp server by playing 1st person, would be interessting

Edited by newguyzombie

aggredd with all of the video, coming from a person who uses stealth, camoflauge practally everyday. seems like some one has been doing there research. beans for you good sir :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

I love posts like this, especially when they're well thought out and presented like this one. Props for posting  :thumbsup:

@Thehuntsman87, thanks man. Yeah, I figured I'd compile it in a nice guide for people. Since you're into camouflaging, how do you feel about all black? I feel it's viable still, but in certain environments you stick out like a sore thumb. When it rains, it's nice to wear black.

@SHR119, Thank you for the kind words. I'm hoping this helps encourage the community to play a little slower paced, and not so loot-frenzy-mode.

Did you guys use some of the techniques in the video prior to seeing it? If so, was there anything you didn't know that I mentioned? Just trying to see how helpful it was to more experienced players.

Shameless-Love-bump? I feel guilty :(

Because it's been 3 months or so, have a bump.

Really appreciated the video. Sorry you had to put up with people imposing their play-styles but the video was great so thanks.