Sign in to follow this  
HiddenPuppy

First friendly encounter in a month (Sad ending)

So, after joining a broken server and getting my gear wiped (dont start an arguement about this pls), I decided to join a high pop server to begin the first loot.

I first spawn at solnichy, quickly loot all of the buildings and only find a motorcycle helmet. But, there is no time to stop and whine.

My journey continues as i head into the southern reaches of berezino. I was running to the industrial (Old dayz mod terminology for the SA high value con. sight) when i notice a strange silhouette petruding from the top of the building. Suddenly mosin shots start cracking past my head, i instantly head in a direction perpendicular to that of the mosins shooting spot. I try doing the Detroit sidestep, but he got a shot in my chest.

I manage to escape and bandage... but still on low blood. By that time, i thought that looting the main city would be pointless, so i decide to head to the eastern reaches of berezino (Where there is a school and a medium value civie/medical thing). I start running to the area, but notice unusual zombie aggro into the garage area. Thinking it was some freshspawn suiciding, i run to take some of the gear.

When i find this zombie, it turns out it was agro'd to a semi geared man (Backpack, 10/22, axe). We both stare at eachother and raise weapons, he had the 10/22 and i only had my fists. I shout at him saying, "dont shoot, im friendly" (I was.. actually trying not to kill/backstab him). He kinds looks at me then starts dysncing....

After that, i got a no message recieved tag.

I was kinda relieved and annoyed, a mix of the both (As i could have goten food to regen, or gotten killed). After sitting there watching the screen (In disbeleif) i pick the next server down with about 25+- people on. When i log in, i literally first see the SAME guy right in front of me.. We both stare at eachother and raise weapons again. This time, i say (In a kinda desperate voice), "No no no no, Don't kill me!... you have a soul!... are you really going to kill a freshie?"

He stops for a second, then lowered his 10/22.

>The biggest sigh of relief

He then asks me, "Hey there, what do you want? Do you need food?"

I reply, "Yeah, yeah thanks for not shooting me. Can i have some food and drink for some regen?"

"Ok sure, do you need anything else"

"No, thats fine"

After this small conversation, we both shuffle arround as he checks his backpack. Eventually he gets a can of beans and a soda out of his bad and puts them onto the ground for me.

The journey continues when he follows me into the school and offers me some of the gear he found. When i find some ammo for him, i tell him to come to the roof to get it. I also find an empty mosin. After giving him ammo, we both awkwardly shuffle to get onto the ladder... (Yeah you can see where this is going)

When i get on, i kinda tele'd onto the ladder. This was away from where he was running (i guess he thought i would stop his fall, but alas.. he fell off)

I go down to try to recussitate him, but it was too late.

>Freckin depressed at this point.

I take his gear, and say the old russian goodbye... carrying on with surviving:

>MFW The first friendly person i meet in a whole month of playing dies (accedentally) because of me...

(Dayz for me in a nutshell)

Прости меня отец, ибо я согрешил, не простить меня за то, что я сделал, но за то, что я собираюсь делать

("Forgive me father for I have sinned, do not forgive me for the things I have done but for the things I am about to do.")

Forgive me if there are thousands of mistakes... this is 1am typing/thinking.

This story just needed to get out there before i forget about it and goto sleep.

>Also, please dont start a religious debate over that quote... just something cool which matches dayz

• Like 5

brilliant read, these are the sort of stories that make me want to run all the way home screaming like a 10 year old, tell the missis to not desturb me for 10 hours and bash the hell out of dayZ XD have my beans good sir

Good ol' ladders.  I feel your pain.  I was climbing one last week, then when I got to the top, I had a broken leg.  Not sure what happened there.

brilliant read, these are the sort of stories that make me want to run all the way home screaming like a 10 year old, tell the missis to not desturb me for 10 hours and bash the hell out of dayZ XD have my beans good sir

I did that to my wife last month... Woke up saturday morning and told her not to disturb me till dinner... Dayz was in the books... The next day.... I couldnt find my cpu... HahahaXD luckily... It reappeared after i cooked lunch and dinner lol

• Like 1

I did that to my wife last month... Woke up saturday morning and told her not to disturb me till dinner... Dayz was in the books... The next day.... I couldnt find my cpu... HahahaXD luckily... It reappeared after i cooked lunch and dinner lol

i like your style sir, thankgod we have understanding wives XD. to be honest my wife is abit of agmer but she plays the kids playstation 4 with them for a giggle...and she has her Wii U....i know and Wii U right XD

i like your style sir, thankgod we have understanding wives XD. to be honest my wife is abit of agmer but she plays the kids playstation 4 with them for a giggle...and she has her Wii U....i know and Wii U right XD

Good sir, i will see your Wii U and raise you candy crush! Lol my wifes' gaming is only as far as whats on her phone and ipad... Thank god, i still remember when she was playing farmville on my gaming rig coz it looked better... I bet youve suffered some shopping mall tortures to get some dayz peace... Or am i the only one XD

Good sir, i will see your Wii U and raise you candy crush! Lol my wifes' gaming is only as far as whats on her phone and ipad... Thank god, i still remember when she was playing farmville on my gaming rig coz it looked better... I bet youve suffered some shopping mall tortures to get some dayz peace... Or am i the only one XD

shopping days out!!! yep the credit card was burning last week, atleast i got a good few hours on dayz in peace XD

Did he have his weapon in his hand when he went to get on the ladder? It kind of bugs out and makes you run while trying to put it away and sends you flying off the building.

Happened to me yesterday. 330 hours in the game and it was my first ladder death ever. Had broken legs from them, but never died.

Anyways, good read and sorry about your friend. At least he died being a nice dude.