Sign in to follow this  
joe_mcentire

Can we expect more Options in Melee?

As i mention in the title, there are certain situations where you get surprised by a zed or an other player and it would be the best option to just push the opponent down, just to give you that much time to have a fair chance to get away from the scene. On the other hand would it be equally nice to be able to dodge/block attacks in the same situations.

There simply needs to be an option to help you in a typical close encounter fight-or-flight situation besides basic punching and generic "who can draw his gun faster?" scenarios imo. Anything like pushing, pulling, kicking etc.

So i wonder is there a certain chance to see more such "swift reactive actions" for Melee somewhere in the future? Is it for at least for DayZ 1.0 too far fetched? What do you mean? How about syncing such animations between two players?

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 2

I like your ideas and would like to add embedding objects into the infected.  If I hit an infected in the head with an axe, I'd like to see that axe get stuck and have to make me pull it out or leave it

Zombies need to actually interact with the player as if he/she were a human being, not a ghost to be lunged through. Then blocking would make sense and dodging would be possible/rewarding. Dodging now is just too unpredictable, albeit easy to accomplish.

I'd like to see the way in which objects receive damage get revamped before melee is touched.

But yeah, I think they should implement some sort of tackle/knockdown. Might be cool. And could make for some tense situations if you tackle another player who's got an armed partner, won't be able to get a shot!

would be nice for sure, and could also use the same action key for the bayonet attack and/or butt clubbing from a rifle.    

pistol whipping anyone?

:rolleyes:

Edited by SmokedUpJoe
  • Like 1

Beans - would add a lot when we get even more Zeds in the game.

Edited by makomachine

Something similar to a War of the Roses melee system would be fantastic. (Am I the only one who plays that? )

would be nice for sure, and could also use the same action key for the bayonet attack and/or butt clubbing from a rifle.    total

pistol whipping anyone?

:rolleyes:

totally forgot about that :o! absolutely

Something similar to a War of the Roses melee system would be fantastic. (Am I the only one who plays that? )

thing is, surely we can't expect a completely new melee system far different from the existing one. you could post some demonstrative vids i guess?

just to show you quickly what i mean, the interaction in dying light with zeds in close combat situations:

Edited by joe_mcentire