Sign in to follow this  
valtsuh

weapon suggestion "Desert eagle"

Hello there

Look at it. Its lovely but it just doesnt fit.

I'd rather see a 700 Nitro Express in game. There could be a big game hunter about?

Nah, to me, although both are fun are out of the scope of the game. Keep it in Arma where it belongs.

Rgds

LoK

my opinion on this one then:

cowboy-shaking-head.gif

Just doesn't fit it.

No thankyou. Makarov master race. 

INFACT, WHY HAVEN'T THEY ADDED THE MAKAROV?!

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzY8qO9iqa4//

Hello there

Look at it. Its lovely but it just doesnt fit.

I'd rather see a 700 Nitro Express in game. There could be a big game hunter about?

Nah, to me, although both are fun are out of the scope of the game. Keep it in Arma where it belongs.

Rgds

LoK

added slashes to keep this post small.

What mod/map/whatever is that in the video to add those guns and the mission for the range setup?

What mod/map/whatever is that in the video to add those guns and the mission for the range setup?

Hello there

Its my own custom mission on stratis and I use around 50 mods and various scripts/missions I've adapted and obtained stuff from.

Rgds

LoK

The original AK? Hardly fits at all. Sure, you can still find them, but most are lost among the countless AKMs and Type 56s, which together make up about 2/3s of all AKs.

Even if you meant AKs in general (AKM, AK-74, AKS-74U, etc.) I'd still think guns like the Tokarev TT-33, Makarov PM, Nagant M1895, and already in-game SKS and Mosin-Nagant M1891/30 fit the scenario just as "perfectly"

I'm with Gews and Irishroy on this one. This is the single gun I refuse to add to the weapon's poll, not because I hate it (the Desert Eagle is very cool, however impractical) but because I am completely against it being in the game.

The old AK recievers are still built and even prefered to the stamped one in terms of sturdiness. Of course the market is flooded with Type 56s, too. Type 56 come in stamped and milled flavors unlike the grand daddy AK47 and the son AKM.

≈ 75 million AK-47s, 100 million Kalashnikov-family weapons

Number built More than 10,278,300 Variants AKMS, AKMP, AKML, AKMLP, AKMSP, AKMSU, AKMSN, AKMSNP

Edited by Enforcer

I can see why the majority is against it but I wouldnt mind if they put it in. IMO the more diversity the better. A lot of weapons have already been suggested which dont fit for me like for example all the western rifles but i wouldnt care if they were available.

Those make sense in terms of foreign military intervention either predating the zombie outbreak [ARMA II canon] or foreign military intervention after the zombie outbreak [explained by the whole thing of British/American/assorted UN aircraft crash sites]. However, as far as I'm aware soldiers of most nations aren't allowed to take non-issued weapons with them, so that rules out Deagles coming along with them. https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111224123727AAc5omr

Basically all military standard issue foreign weapons have an explanation. Otherwise, the only explanation is importation, which

G1BpaIV.jpg?1

apparently doesn't work considering the socioeconomic standing of these here guys.

MAYBE there was a group of drug-peddling gangsters going around getting foreign weapons for muggings pre-outbreak, then? But they would still go for something cheaper. Deagles simply can't be fit into this country's background.

The Deagle is from RH pistols.

• Like 1

The Deagle is from RH pistols.

I was more interested in the 44 magnum.

maybe after important things are added they could put this in. I think that very few should spawn (maybe 300) when there is the central loot economy.

Hello there

Again, look at the RH pistol pack.

rgds

LoK

That probably was to. I didn't watch the entire vid. RH weapon packs are just about the Highest-quality weapons in Arma2/3. They made their way into virtaully every DayZ mod mod, and there are dozens of different types per pack, all with high-quality models and sounds.

One thi g i don't like about them is i can hit a target with an M9 from 300m

Those make sense in terms of foreign military intervention either predating the zombie outbreak [ARMA II canon] or foreign military intervention after the zombie outbreak [explained by the whole thing of British/American/assorted UN aircraft crash sites]. However, as far as I'm aware soldiers of most nations aren't allowed to take non-issued weapons with them, so that rules out Deagles coming along with them. https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111224123727AAc5omr

Basically all military standard issue foreign weapons have an explanation. Otherwise, the only explanation is importation, which

G1BpaIV.jpg?1

apparently doesn't work considering the socioeconomic standing of these here guys.

MAYBE there was a group of drug-peddling gangsters going around getting foreign weapons for muggings pre-outbreak, then? But they would still go for something cheaper. Deagles simply can't be fit into this country's background.

Not sure why they used western vehicle crashes when there were enough models of russian vehicles around..i mean if theee was a military intervention why didn't the russian army come? They are practically next door. And mobs only have those super modern P90, G36, AA12, AS50, M107 and whatever hip weapons in action movies...they also have a tight budget. Any surplus AK from the black market works as good and is like 100x cheaper...want a 50$ rifle that kills or do you need a 3000$ rifle to do the job?

Edited by Enforcer

hm, maybe not desert eagle, but makarov 

1287754747.jpg

Edited by DMentMan

I say yes! Although the recoil is crazy on these things. 

Why no desert eagles in .357? The round exists and it'd be faster between shots than the .357. Why not a coonan though instead? Eh? Eh? Even more rare and unlikely. :D

Edit: I'd make a coonan my sidearm in game.

Edited by agouti

No to Desert Eagle...

Also

I thought this too until I looked up the small arms of the CZ. (Chernarus is in the Czech Republic) 

Here's the relevant quote:

"

The M4 carbine (or similar variants) is currently in service with military and police organizations in over 60 nations around the world.[1]

"

And here's the source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushmaster_M4A3

So it isn't as out of place as one might think.

Yes, Chernarus is based of the Czech Republic, but Chernarus is also a fictional country with its own weaponry and supplies. As a poor rural post-sovietic country still under influence of its big sister Russia, Chernarus can't really afford M4A3s and what not.

Here are some info about the CDF's actual weaponry and equipment:

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=37:chernarussian-defence-forces&catid=15:factions&Itemid=9

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Chernarussian_Defence_Forces