qww

motorcycle helmet view and sound restrictions

motorcycle helmet view restriction  

41 members have voted

1. 1. do you think motorcycle helmet view restriction would be a good idea?

I'm not against the idea to add realist penalty for motorcycle helmet, but  as I wrote view+action (it means view AND action) restrictions would be a bit too much...
And if I'd to choose between view OR action restriction I would rather choose action restriction -not because it's from me- but because it's beyond eyecandy effect, easy to (only) code, while view restriction might have issues :

Our field of view is already limited by monitor, your ms paint examples would somehow fit with a such helmet

121PSHL262.jpg

Decent vision is part of road safety. Ingame motorcycle helmet model would not suffer a such wide limitation IRL (try it).

Also it would look strange on 3pp view, make feel you don't wear it but your camera does.

If adding a such view restriction, it would be fair to do so with face mask, ballistic/work helmet, cowboy hat...lot of work.

i think the picture you posted of metal helmet is not the view my pictures portray,  the view from such a helmet is extremely small, less that in my examples.

i did appologise for the pics when i posted as they are not perfect, but they show the idea i was tryign to get across. I think the top and bottom borders can be reduced, to create less of a thin letterbox,

the looking over shoulder limitation is more important.

every motorcyclist who has owned this type of full face sports helmet knows that looking up and down view is blocked by the helmet, and when looking over left/right shoulder the vision from the left/right eye is greatly reduced by the helmet decreasing head movement, aswell as by the helmet actually blocking the view, as i showed in the pic. i think this is why this should be simulated when using alt view.

when you are using iron sights of a  rifle in dayz, you have limited alt view, i think a similar limitation should also be included with alt view when wearing a motorcycle helmet

Edited by qww

Decrease head amplitude movement is indeed a good idea, better than letter box view I would say.

ok i slightly changed the o.p. by adding new pictures with slightly less border, and adding the idea of reduced alt view. it was a bit too much in the original pictures, i agree, i didnt mean actual letterbox view i just meant a realistic view and i think there would be space for what you would see, on the screen, especially if you had a higher fov, and i think the side view is the most important border.

even reducded hearing woudl be good, and increased breathing sound, i will add those to the op now too.