Sign in to follow this  
Windwalka1990

Slightly confused..

So I just died, no big deal, happens every now and again.  But whats different this time is I have no idea how it happened..

To begin I was at NW airfield, definitely a place where dying happens a lot. Haha But I was on the far side of the airfield, in some trees scoping the place out.

(I was on a low pop server, maybe 6 people) Haven't seen anyone for 5-10 minutes, but again, I'm still scoping it out. (Being extra careful as I was pretty geared IMO)

Then I hear a zombie pretty close, and literally a SECOND after that, I just die, no warning, no other sounds, nothing.

If I got hit or shot, it usually still will show, "Something is in extreme pain - I feel warm blood - etc"

It was raining very hard so there was definitely low visibility, I dunno if I got sniped or what, but the second I heard the zombie I INSTANTLY black screened and was dead.

Anyone have any idea on what it could have been? Is it possible to instantly die, have nothing pop up showing what it might of been? 

The only things I can think of is maybe a sniper got a head shot, or maybe the zombie one hit killed me?

I've also seen videos where hackers killed the whole server but that was the mod, not SA..

Thanks for reading the wall of text, just super confused and I wanna just KNOW lol

If the sniper was sufficiently far away you might not have heard the shot, plus there have been some accounts of zombies one-shotting but I don't know how reliable those accounts are.

This isn't something I've experienced, though in the past I've alt-tabbed for a couple of seconds only to be dead when I'm back in the game.

In short, not sure.

I was in Elektro once, kind of geared, I had a mosin, a revolver and some supplies, I was walking down some stairs of a building and broke my legs (Obviously), for some reason I didn't lose ANY blood, I was full Health and Full Blood as I was only hit ONCE by a zombie, so I started crawling to the hospital when a zombie starts chasing me, it's ok, I crouch and grab my axe.

I killed the zombie, but then I see another one coming after me, but when I was ready to axe him, he hit me once. You are Dead.

That was pretty stupid, as I wasn't even knocked unconscious. Just one hit, you are dead.

It is possible, definetly a bug.

Or maybe a REALLY far shot, not sure though, most people don't camp on low pop servers.

I just encountered a zombie that, in one hit, ruined my jacket (and the compass/shotgun shells within), made me bleed and broke my arm. It caused a 4/5 notification message spam (arm in severe plain, bleeding, I think my arm is broken) and would have probably done far more damage had I not had a healthy status. Going on my experience, it wouldn't surprise me if a hit like that to the head (I'll assume you were crouched) would insta-kill, especially if you've not healed from previous damage.

Whenever there is a lag spike, when everything catches up you hear a close angry zombie. It is entirely possible that during the lag spike you were somewhere else on other peoples screens.

with alot of it, it could be due to the shock factor being greater than your blood level which killed you, in unsure if that's implemented yet but its just what i have heard. I was at the NE Air field yesterday and had a similar encounter, a zombie with hawk eyes spots me from 600 meters away and runs towards me, within a second i was being hit, was only me on the server at the time so im thinking it was due to lagg but i died and decided to call it a night.

while I haven't had it happen to me. I have seen a person be one hit by zombies 3 times now.

Each time the persons computer was next to mine and I was watching her screen plus we were next to each other in game.

Each time I can confirm no other players around.

The first time she was hit from behind by a zombie, she didn't have full health but had plenty of colour. Died in one hit.

Second time facing the zombie, it leapt at her, she had almost full health, died in one hit.

Last time was last night. Facing a zombie with full health zombie hit her once....dead.

However this hasn't happened at all to me yet. I suspect it may be that if you are still and the zombie targets your head and gets a full hit in, they CAN 1 shot you. When I face off with zombies I don't stand still, so maybe they are unable to get that super hit in when you are moving???

to the op:

you got one-shotted by the zombie.

it happens, it is a bug due to the increased damage.

you weren't shot.

your player can hear the game world as you die and after it, so you would have heard the shot.

snipers aren't op silent ninjas, yet.

with alot of it, it could be due to the shock factor being greater than your blood level which killed you, in unsure if that's implemented yet but its just what i have heard.

Shock being higher than blood = unconscious, not dead. There is a chance of suffering from a heart attack (experimental), but that only happens when unconscious and should be preceded by notifications like "my chest feels tight". It also shouldn't instakill you but, you know, alpha.

Shock being higher than blood = unconscious, not dead. There is a chance of suffering from a heart attack (experimental), but that only happens when unconscious and should be preceded by notifications like "my chest feels tight". It also shouldn't instakill you but, you know, alpha.

thanks for clearing that up for me, was unsure what the guy was talking about

There is an interesting point in here I believe. According to the OP he was sniping at NWA on a low populated server with maybe 5-6 players  - and haven't seen anyone around the place for 5-10 minutes. In my experience NWA is where there are most players on under populated servers even with only maybe 2-3 players. I have had more encounters here than any other places on the map even if camping Solnichniy on a 30-40 populated server. Though Balota is never safe NWA IS WHERE THINGS ARE HAPPENING if you bother going north just saying. Now back to topic.

Once i was trying to help a fresh respawner guy, was on NWAF sniping out, so this guys was with like, 4 zed's behind him, so everyone here knows that from this last patch, the zed's got faster and smarter, so anyways, there i was sniping with my camo mosin with a long range scope, like 100-160 yards not that far away, so 1 shot i miss the first zed that was most close of him, and guess what, i kill the respawner guy, i was like.....DAMMMMM.

Well, walk away whistling like it wasn't me at all....

The only things I can think of is maybe a sniper got a head shot, or maybe the zombie one hit killed me?

I've also seen videos where hackers killed the whole server but that was the mod, not SA..

Thanks for reading the wall of text, just super confused and I wanna just KNOW lol

Sounds like you got one shotted by a zed.  It happens and it sucks, I was on a low hill west of Electro scoping things out, thinking (go to Cherno/don't go to Cherno). When, POOF, I see the leaping zed shadow from behind me, hear the screech and then the screen goes black and says "You are dead".  I had JUST looked the direction the damn zed had come from and hadn't seen a damn thing.  My toon was energized, hydrated and healthy.  I did see the shadow though, otherwise I'd have been real confused.

Edited by Barnabus