$able

BattlEye Solution for "Failed to update" kicks

Hey Mate, I still desperately need your help. 

Skype if necessary. 

Cheers

Make sure you are showing hidden files & folders (Control Panel > Folder options) as the Appdata folder will be Hidden by default.

First of all exit the DayZ client and Steam.

• STEP ONE: Delete Battleye Folder in Appdata

Find the Battleye folder located in

"C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\DayZ".

Delete this Battleye folder and all it's content entirely.

(To locate directory navigate through explorer or

Press the WINDOWS KEY + E to open explorer > In the adress field write %localappdata%)

• STEP TWO: Download BEClient.dll

Go to Battleye[www.battleye.com] and download the 32-bit BEClient.dll for DayZ.

(Save it somewhere easily located, it will be used soon.)

• STEP THREE: Replace old BEClient with the new one

Move or copy/paste the downloaded BEClient.dll to a folder named Battleye in the DayZ install directory (replace the already existing BEClient.dll).

The DayZ install directory is by default located at:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ"

(this is NOT the same appdata DayZ/Battleye folder as the one we visited earlier)

(To locate directory navigate through explorer or

Right click DayZ in Steam > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files)

• STEP FOUR: Restart your computer

• STEP FIVE: Update Battleye

IMPORTANT: Start Steam as administrator

(right click Steam and choose Run as Administrator)

Start DayZ and join a server, BattlEye should update correctly.

still doesn't work for me

ive reinstalled

verify cache

and deleted appdata folder and also put the new battle eye in there

then put the dayz battle eye client in the arma 2 and ao folders still get kicked

If manually updating your BEClient.dll (from http://www.battleye.com/download.html) doesn't work and the update keeps getting downloaded in-game something is obviously wrong with your file permissions.

To fix this please go to "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\DayZ" (make sure that you can see hidden files and folders) and delete your BattlEye folder there. After that the new version (that you manually downloaded before) should be correctly loaded.

Alright, so I downloaded the BEClient.dll and put it into the Battleye folder as stated on the Battleye page. Didn't work

Then I did what you said and deleted the folder...didn't work

Any other idea?

Check this out. This was my fix for a brand new build for my friend to play mostly dayz standalone with the battleeye client.
Something with the new GeForce GTX 960 graphic cards, the "GeForce experience" app was giving me the issue. Probably because of the game optimizer is messing with permissions. :/

After the third reformat and two days of work trying all the tricks, searching for fixes, installing, uninstalling, playing with permissions and driving us crazy. it worked fine with the first install on a reformatted system being a network driver, steam then dayz (it worked ..just gave a error about graphics memory.. wonder why?... lmao). After installing the GeForce driver pack(through the windows updater), Hello failed install CMD. I uninstalled the "experience" app and the 3D drivers(he didn't need them now) in the control panel and GODS BE PRAISED..... SUCCESS...installed the other drivers and programs he needed and it worked fine. I had another friend I had to do the same with (I gave him bare bone drivers instead of the bloated drivers on the second reformat... I hate to say it but your graphics update maybe a problem. Dare I say..... Nvidia was my problem :c

Edited by destro4444

Hello,

I have the same problem, did the fix as shown before (delete folder, delete documents and settings dayz folder, replacing ddl and .exe from battleye etc.), even ran DayZ_BE.exe as Admin (found in another post through google, which fixed the issue for me yesterday, today its broken again), nothing helps! Running Windows 8.1 and have a 290x vid (since someone suggested the nvidia driver was the issue).

please help! many thanks in advance.

Greets,

Ignotus

I have tried everything in this post about this issue... I have reinstalled the game, verified cache, followed step by step of each persons "guide" and I even did the uninstall of nvidia experience and 3d drivers. NOTHING HAS WORKED! I don't know what else to do!?! I guess one cannot be surprised after playing for over a year and I am shut out by an issue with the anti-cheat (even though I am sure its not their fault and its entirely OUR FAULT we cant play).

I have tried everything in this post about this issue... I have reinstalled the game, verified cache, followed step by step of each persons "guide" and I even did the uninstall of nvidia experience and 3d drivers. NOTHING HAS WORKED! I don't know what else to do!?! I guess one cannot be surprised after playing for over a year and I am shut out by an issue with the anti-cheat (even though I am sure its not their fault and its entirely OUR FAULT we cant play).

Hello gamers, Anon here ! If no one else is going to save you then you'll have to use some of our techniques !!

If none of the above works for the rest of you then don't worry, I'll fix all your issues, FIRST we have to accept that it's not DayZ that's broke, DayZ don't cause these issues as it's not a game issue it's a network/server issue, so it looks like it's something to do with Battleye loosing connection with our networks after maybe updates or a change is their servers or even a programming fult, don't know what but it disconnected many from there servers that stopped people from updating DayZ and issues with server connecting and that's caused because you need to update the game otherwise you're in sence playing a diffrent game to everyone else! (diffrent ver) so if it's a network issue that don't allow us to update we have to fix this manually.. we have to we connect our networks manully.. it MAY NOT be battleye, it may have been your networks even, okay let's do this with with two steps (maybe one) to fix your connection (need that connection to update game when pressed play)

Follow the steps *!

We can just do this with one step (step 2) although it's probably best you split it in two steps like I've listed down below, it's up to you

Step 1:

open the command line in Windows search by clicking Windows Start button then type "cmd" (in windows search) now.. if your account is set as admin then left click cmd, if you account is not admin for your pc then right click and then click *Run As Administrator* once you've open it it should say [Administrator: c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe] in the Windows box but if it just says [c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe] then you dint follow my steps, please follow, okay now type "netsh winsock reset" in the black box so it will say 'c:\windows\system32>' then you type "netsh winsock reset" so it will now say 'c:\windows\system32>netsh winsock reset' NOW, hit 'Enter' and then restart your pc, what this does is it resets your network adapters software.. now when you log in and press play 'DayZ' it will now updated your game, so now your game works although please before you press 'play' go on Steam then right click DayZ and click 'Properties' and click 'Local Files' the click 'verify Integrity Of Game Cache' and the will fix and/or add/update any files that you or your computer has moved around or removed from hardrive, if it say's 0 issues found then you're good to go

Step 2: 

You're good to go now without step 2 although step 2 is needed if your network disconnected you from the battleye servers or other network connections ! can't connect to the servers or just can't see any servers? then read and follow step 2.. a little longer than the last one, first you get cmd back up (Administrator again) as we need to command your pc to do things it won't normaly.. now you type in the black box again but now you type these 5 commands -

1: ipconfig /flushdns

Press Enter*

2:ipconfig /registerdns

Press Enter*

3:ipconfig /release

Press Enter*

4:ipconfig /renew

Press Enter*

5:netsh winsock reset

Press Enter*

DONE! Now Restart your PC and now your servers WILL be fixed.. well if followed these steps correctly that is, so go game with DayZ ! although remember your education please, we need to be smart for the future.

This has been Anonymous

We Are Anonymous. We Are Legion. We Do Not Forgive. We Do Not Forget. Expect Us. Knowledge Is Free.

Hello gamers, Anon here ! If no one else is going to save you then you'll have to use some of our techniques !!

If none of the above works for the rest of you then don't worry, I'll fix all your issues, FIRST we have to accept that it's not DayZ that's broke, DayZ don't cause these issues as it's not a game issue it's a network/server issue, so it looks like it's something to do with Battleye loosing connection with our networks after maybe updates or a change is their servers or even a programming fult, don't know what but it disconnected many from there servers that stopped people from updating DayZ and issues with server connecting and that's caused because you need to update the game otherwise you're in sence playing a diffrent game to everyone else! (diffrent ver) so if it's a network issue that don't allow us to update we have to fix this manually.. we have to we connect our networks manully.. it MAY NOT be battleye, it may have been your networks even, okay let's do this with with two steps (maybe one) to fix your connection (need that connection to update game when pressed play)

Follow the steps *!

We can just do this with one step (step 2) although it's probably best you split it in two steps like I've listed down below, it's up to you

Step 1:

open the command line in Windows search by clicking Windows Start button then type "cmd" (in windows search) now.. if your account is set as admin then left click cmd, if you account is not admin for your pc then right click and then click *Run As Administrator* once you've open it it should say [Administrator: c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe] in the Windows box but if it just says [c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe] then you dint follow my steps, please follow, okay now type "netsh winsock reset" in the black box so it will say 'c:\windows\system32>' then you type "netsh winsock reset" so it will now say 'c:\windows\system32>netsh winsock reset' NOW, hit 'Enter' and then restart your pc, what this does is it resets your network adapters software.. now when you log in and press play 'DayZ' it will now updated your game, so now your game works although please before you press 'play' go on Steam then right click DayZ and click 'Properties' and click 'Local Files' the click 'verify Integrity Of Game Cache' and the will fix and/or add/update any files that you or your computer has moved around or removed from hardrive, if it say's 0 issues found then you're good to go

Step 2: 

You're good to go now without step 2 although step 2 is needed if your network disconnected you from the battleye servers or other network connections ! can't connect to the servers or just can't see any servers? then read and follow step 2.. a little longer than the last one, first you get cmd back up (Administrator again) as we need to command your pc to do things it won't normaly.. now you type in the black box again but now you type these 5 commands -

1: ipconfig /flushdns

Press Enter*

2:ipconfig /registerdns

Press Enter*

3:ipconfig /release

Press Enter*

4:ipconfig /renew

Press Enter*

5:netsh winsock reset

Press Enter*

DONE! Now Restart your PC and now your servers WILL be fixed.. well if followed these steps correctly that is, so go game with DayZ ! although remember your education please, we need to be smart for the future.

This has been Anonymous

We Are Anonymous. We Are Legion. We Do Not Forgive. We Do Not Forget. Expect Us. Knowledge Is Free.

Several of my friends and myself - can't play anyore because BE has an update loop problem no one of us seem to be able to fix with all the instructions given in this very thread, and outside sources. Is this a common problem? Someone in a DayZ stream chat told me that it's not just us, and it's started very very recently. Anyone here who has info? Anyone else affected?