$able

BattlEye Solution for "Failed to update" kicks

I also didn't mean to come off as I was harshing on BE, I was just a bit annoyed having worked on the issue for a couple of hours before I figured it out, even though Steam turned out to be causing the problem, not BE itself. Every time I see a BE global kick/ban it fills my heart with joy.

I understand, I'm quite annoyed by this issue as well. ;) At least we know the cause (for many players) now.
  • Like 1

Every time i delete the battleye folder, it just reappears every time I try and join a server, and I still get "battleye initialization failed"

Every time i delete the battleye folder, it just reappears every time I try and join a server, and I still get "battleye initialization failed"

For those still having trouble, there are a few methods to manually install the newest updates for Batteleye when they come out. This is just one of them, that works for me and has previously been touched upon. This pertains to Windows 8.1 as that is the op system Im running, but should also work for Win 7, etc.

1. Manually download the latest battleye file from here http://www.battleye.com/download.html (obviously you want the top file for Dayz)

2. You need to have your "hidden" system files available for view. This can be done by double clicking "My Computer" (for Win 7 users) or "This PC" (Win 8 users)  and at the top row of buttons there is one called "view" Click that and you will see on the far right hand side an option to check that says "hidden files" For Windows 8.1 users if you have not made a shortcut to "This PC" you can navigate to it by entering the "metro interface" by hitting the windows button on your keyboard, clicking the round circle with the downward arrow and then scrolling over to "This PC" If you have not updated to 8.1 yet, then just type "This PC" in the search bar.

3. Navigate to this file structure by following the steps in #2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ there you will find a Batteleye folder which its contents are not locked. Enter that folder and delete BEClient.dll.

4. Go to wherever you saved your new BEClient.dll file that you previously just downloaded and cut and paste that into the folder.

5. Now if you have trouble with the next step with the folder being locked so you cant delete it, a simple reboot of your computer will free up the folder for deletion.

6. navigate to C:\Users\this will be the name of your computer\AppData\Local\DayZ This is the batteleye folder you will delete. Like stated previously, if it tells you its locked, just reboot your computer and dont load up dayz or anything else. Just go straight there and it will be unlocked because Steam hasn't got a chance to lock it yet since you have not ran Dayz.

7. Now load up Dayz and join a regular server (have not tested on hardcore yet) and your Batteleye will update correctly and make a new folder where you previously deleted the last one.

8. ^^^Note^^^ I have created a "downloads" folder on my desktop where I store all my files that I download from the net. If you don't cut and paste the BEClient.dll file and just merely copy it, the next time you download the newest version of BEClient.dll to your download location, if it's the same, it will rename it so its not a duplicate file. That's why I say cut and paste, so you dont have to manually rename the file again etc.

9. Profit

**I've had to do this method the last few times for all batteleye updates. I'm guessing its because Steam locks the Folder for "hacking" reasons or something. I'm not sure if some people don't have this issue at all and their Battleye updates correctly or not. I've just built a new system, and fresh install of everything. So I know nothing has been deleted or corrupted on my system, so something is broke along the lines here somewhere between Steam/Battleye etc.**

***Disclaimer - You will now be able to access hidden files and folders on your hard drive. I take no responsibility for accidental deletion of said files and folders, and system crashes if you delete something you shouldn't***

This was merely a guide relating to Dayz and battleye to get it working for those having trouble***

For those still having trouble, there are a few methods to manually install the newest updates for Batteleye when they come out. This is just one of them, that works for me and has previously been touched upon. This pertains to Windows 8.1 as that is the op system Im running, but should also work for Win 7, etc.

1. Manually download the latest battleye file from here http://www.battleye.com/download.html (obviously you want the top file for Dayz)

2. You need to have your "hidden" system files available for view. This can be done by double clicking "My Computer" (for Win 7 users) or "This PC" (Win 8 users)  and at the top row of buttons there is one called "view" Click that and you will see on the far right hand side an option to check that says "hidden files" For Windows 8.1 users if you have not made a shortcut to "This PC" you can navigate to it by entering the "metro interface" by hitting the windows button on your keyboard, clicking the round circle with the downward arrow and then scrolling over to "This PC" If you have not updated to 8.1 yet, then just type "This PC" in the search bar.

3. Navigate to this file structure by following the steps in #2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ there you will find a Batteleye folder which its contents are not locked. Enter that folder and delete BEClient.dll.

4. Go to wherever you saved your new BEClient.dll file that you previously just downloaded and cut and paste that into the folder.

5. Now if you have trouble with the next step with the folder being locked so you cant delete it, a simple reboot of your computer will free up the folder for deletion.

6. navigate to C:\Users\this will be the name of your computer\AppData\Local\DayZ This is the batteleye folder you will delete. Like stated previously, if it tells you its locked, just reboot your computer and dont load up dayz or anything else. Just go straight there and it will be unlocked because Steam hasn't got a chance to lock it yet since you have not ran Dayz.

7. Now load up Dayz and join a regular server (have not tested on hardcore yet) and your Batteleye will update correctly and make a new folder where you previously deleted the last one.

8. ^^^Note^^^ I have created a "downloads" folder on my desktop where I store all my files that I download from the net. If you don't cut and paste the BEClient.dll file and just merely copy it, the next time you download the newest version of BEClient.dll to your download location, if it's the same, it will rename it so its not a duplicate file. That's why I say cut and paste, so you dont have to manually rename the file again etc.

9. Profit

**I've had to do this method the last few times for all batteleye updates. I'm guessing its because Steam locks the Folder for "hacking" reasons or something. I'm not sure if some people don't have this issue at all and their Battleye updates correctly or not. I've just built a new system, and fresh install of everything. So I know nothing has been deleted or corrupted on my system, so something is broke along the lines here somewhere between Steam/Battleye etc.**

***Disclaimer - You will now be able to access hidden files and folders on your hard drive. I take no responsibility for accidental deletion of said files and folders, and system crashes if you delete something you shouldn't***

This was merely a guide relating to Dayz and battleye to get it working for those having trouble***

Followed each and every step with no problems with locked files or anything, but i still get the exact same error,"batteye initialization failed"

Yeah, it says it has replaced one file every time i manually update battleye, so i suspect its replacing that file.

Damn man, well sorry I couldn't help. Don't know if reinstalling Dayz would help or not. It's frustrating as hell I DO know that lol. Good luck, I hope you get it working.

ughh same issue.  Keeps saying in the red dialog when I load in that it has updated, but then I get kicked off within 1 minute and i get the message that Battleye failed to update.  I was able to delete the file and replace it with the downloaded file offered above.  No dice.  Same thing keeps happening.

if it helps any the red dialog when I get in says Battleye update sucessful v.214. Reinitializing... and then 20 seconds later... kersplat.  Then the box coming out says Confirmation of Changes, You have been kicked, Battleye failed to update.

The latest version is .215 so it's still picking up the old version from somewhere...maybe deleting both batteleye folders entirely and then try logging into a server? Have no idea if that will work though. The steps provided above works for most having issues including myself...the dayz mod(s) and Arma 3 and it's mods don't have any trouble updating for me just Dayz standalone. Hopefully batteleye is working on a fix right now with Steam so it updates properly in game. Who knows, maybe it has something to do with SA server(s) being able to push out the latest updates. If I can think of anything else, I'll post it here. Let me know if you ever do get it running.

Edited by wags

I have been kicked out from game cause battle eye update failed. What to do??? Any suggestions?

I have been kicked out from game cause battle eye update failed. What to do??? Any suggestions?

Merging

Thx for putting it for right place kichilron but I stop to playing if not uninstalling and reinstalling game is not answer. Im noob and I dont touch my folders cause I might do more damage than help.

Thx for putting it for right place kichilron but I stop to playing if not uninstalling and reinstalling game is not answer. Im noob and I dont touch my folders cause I might do more damage than help.

The original post of this topic is made by the Developer of BattlEye and should point you in the right direction. Pretty much everything you need to know is in this thread and not much you can break.

Yep I could not even find those files from my computer so that is it thx from noob BattlEye for ruining my game.

Well it is still in alpha and maybe just not meant to my kind of noobs.

Cya when game is ready for noobs not just for nerds.

Yep I could not even find those files from my computer so that is it thx from noob BattlEye for ruining my game.

Well it is still in alpha and maybe just not meant to my kind of noobs.

Cya when game is ready for noobs not just for nerds.

If you are having issues as listed feel free to send me a PM and I can walk you through the process over teamspeak/skype.

Well... I did my anger management practise and then re-installed game. That worked out my problem.

Thanks for help anyway, I got feeling that DayZ community do not leave left comrade behind for lesser reasons.

P.S

I noticed that I should really clean and re-organize my computer but it is hard cause with few clicks I can get into 

zombie holocaust and forget that awful job.

• Like 2

There are plenty of posts and threads floating about how to see those files and it's mentioned by Sable as well:

- Make sure that you're allowed to see the files

- "AppData" folder is hidden by default

- google how to be able to see it

I continue to have this problem after trying the steps outline on this thread and doing a clean reinstall and trying again. I have also tried resetting my modem and router. Not sure what is left. I am running Windows 8.1

I had this problem a week ago and deleted the battleye folder and it worked. Now that isn't working. 

ETA: A clean re-install and a 2nd attempt at deleting the battleye folder and manually copy/pasting a direct DL of the newest version of BE worked. 

Edited by Stand2arms

That fix didnt worked, me too on win 8.1... i there any solid fix? please help, i havent played for 3 weeks because of this, and when i aint playing games im drinking a lot.

Edited by DavidBardock

Is this fix the same for the error "BattlEye: Wrong Game Version"?

My friend and I were playing on Experimental last night on I beleive US Southeast 0-1. After the server restarted we were getting the "BattlEye: Wrong Game Version" on any experimental server we tried to connect to. We both verified game cache before we called it a night, but this failed to resolve...

Thanks

Edited by D3cyf34r

AFTER U DONE THIS MAKE SURE U TRHOW AWAY DAYZ FROM YOUR DOCUMENTS TO!!!! WORK FOR ME.

1. Manually download the latest battleye file from here http://www.battleye.com/download.html (obviously you want the top file for Dayz)

9. Profit

Hey Guys and Girls,

I've wanted to play this game for so long and finally got around to it today! However i get kicked after  2 minutes because of this BattlEye issue. 

I've tried everything people have mentioned. I've LITERALLY spent the last 6 hours of my life trying to solve the issue. 

If someone could Skype call me and walk me through a fix id love you long time.

Reply if you think you can help or PM me your skype name.

Cheers.

If you are having issues as listed feel free to send me a PM and I can walk you through the process over teamspeak/skype.

Hey Mate, I still desperately need your help. 

Skype if necessary. 

Cheers