recognizing peoples and studying dead bodies

38 members have voted

1. 1. do you want "recognizing" on game

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. do you want "body studying" on game

• yes
    • no

recognizing:like in mod you can see peoples names if you aim at them but it would be more realistic if you can see their names only if you are close at them like 2 meters 
   studying dead bodies:again like in mod you can see how people died if you study the body like, if you go near at body you get opinion to study body and then it tells how he died like "he died because someone shot at him with shotgun" or "he died because of starvation"

Nice, didn't know that existed in the mod. Examining the cause of death like the heart pulse would be a great addition. Being able to recognize player when close up makes sense (especially that character choices are limited, so it's even more useful) but I'm wondering if there's a better way to indentify without having player's name on crosshair or corner of the screen...

show name from 2 meters away - no

able to study body - yes

show name by studying body - yes

Edited by AceQuat
  • Like 4

able to study body - yes

Yeah, pretend I said this as well.

If you put name tags it will look gay like any other shooter... it is nothing real to have a name tag on your head :)

If you want something realistic make it like AceQuat said "show name by studying body" like in RL when you search a body and find something like ID or DL !!!

If you put name tags it will look gay like any other shooter... it is nothing real to have a name tag on your head :)

If you want something realistic make it like AceQuat said "show name by studying body" like in RL when you search a body and find something like ID or DL !!!

it is nothing realistic to if we all look same so in real life you can recognize people at their face but in game thats not possible.

Edited by valtsu99

it is nothing realistic to if we all look same so in real life you can recognize people at their face but in game thats not possible.

I feel the same but lets not make it more unreal... better lets make more different clothes and backpack ( but with the same carry space because no one will use a backpack / jacket / pants with fewer space doesn't matter how cool it looks ). Make a face editing of your character, hair style, scars, tattoo etc etc, like in other games ( Elder scroll for example ) then we will look more distinctive.

Because if you meet some one on street you will not know he's name or any details about him right?

I feel the same but lets not make it more unreal... better lets make more different clothes and backpack ( but with the same carry space because no one will use a backpack / jacket / pants with fewer space doesn't matter how cool it looks ). Make a face editing of your character, hair style, scars, tattoo etc etc, like in other games ( Elder scroll for example ) then we will look more distinctive.

Because if you meet some one on street you will not know he's name or any details about him right?

it would be hard to put in the game i think but in my opinion if you look at players face then it would show his name but i agree with your idea but i still want "recognizing" on game

Edited by valtsu99

it would be hard to put in the game i think but in my opinion if you look at players face then it would show his name but i agree with your idea but i still want "recognizing" on game

Localized to the face? Yup, sounds fair, as long as you can't recognize from the back and don't see the name on the cross-hair but in the corner of the screen

@op, what is realistic about recognizing someone from 2 meters away?

i can recognise people from much further away irl. as can most people with normal eyesight.

2 meter recognize is unrealistic.

text showing up in the game by a player is also unrealistic,

dean hall gave a presentation a couple of days ago i watched on twitch tv, im sure something was mentioned about armbands. i thought that sounded like an ok solution.

i think any text on screen is an immersion breaker, personally.

Localized to the face? Yup, sounds fair, as long as you can't recognize from the back and don't see the name on the cross-hair but in the corner of the screen

and if he had mask you cant see his name, that would be so cool and there would be good reason to use masks then

Edited by valtsu99
  • Like 1

and if he had mask you cant see his name, that would be so cool and there would be good reason to use masks then

So you know every guy you meet on the street? Mask or without mask you shouldn't see the name. There is already a way of seeing names, just run up to somebody and "check pulse" and you'll see the name.

Determining cause of dead - YES

Seeing name - Big, big NO.

No names in the game! it is fine as it is now! in real life, noone see your name, neither in 2m. You can ask them with voice chat or communicate with friends with skype or teamspeak

• Like 1

I don't see how you could find out the dead person name. or name at all without him/her telling it to you. So nametags would be no for me.

Studying body to find out cause of death (like if player was shot or he died non-violent death (no outside injuries, wounds and such so he probably died to some sort of illness/thirst/starvation. Finding out exact cause of death would be odd though, like if he died due to starvation or from force-feeding disinfectant - no possible way to know that by looking at body.

• Like 1

I don't see how you could find out the dead person name. or name at all without him/her telling it to you. So nametags would be no for me.

Studying body to find out cause of death (like if player was shot or he died non-violent death (no outside injuries, wounds and such so he probably died to some sort of illness/thirst/starvation. Finding out exact cause of death would be odd though, like if he died due to starvation or from force-feeding disinfectant - no possible way to know that by looking at body.

I think it will be quite easy to see if people died of starvation or by poinson tbh.

But i see your point, so it would be better if it was something like:

"Player has big wounds and was likely shot by a large caliber weapon"

"Player is basicly skin and bones, he/she must have died of starvation"

"Player doesnt have wounds or is underweight, not sure what caused this"

Would be awsome if it was suttle hints and you had to kinda put 2 and 2 together yourself. 

• Like 2

Study body but more along the lines of what they currently have with check pulse.

Body is cold, no pulse, has serious head injury, etc.

I think it will be quite easy to see if people died of starvation or by poinson tbh.

But i see your point, so it would be better if it was something like:

"Player has big wounds and was likely shot by a large caliber weapon"

"Player is basicly skin and bones, he/she must have died of starvation"

"Player doesnt have wounds or is underweight, not sure what caused this"

Would be awsome if it was suttle hints and you had to kinda put 2 and 2 together yourself. 

Well, yes. There are signs but not everyone would be able to differentiate. So, these messages would work just fine. Just if person has gun wounds or been bitten and such.

If you could identify bodies and immediately be imbued with the knowledge of the late victim's name, then the police would have no need for next of kin to identify bodies.

I do like the idea of being able to identify the cause of death, maybe even down to the sort of weapon used. "hacked to death with an axe-type weapon" "beaten to death with fists or a bat" "shot by a high-caliber weapon" "shot by a low-caliber weapon".

Would give you some idea of what to expect when going into an area. If you find a corpse that appears to have been hit by a high-caliber round then there might be a sniper near by.

Also couldn't hurt to give some idea of when the player was killed - something vague like "recently" "hours ago" "days ago" would be fine.

It is called an autopsy AND YES I WANT THIS IN DAYZ. I can study the type of wounds, the cause of death, the type damage caused to his clothes, the direction and caliber of the bullets that ended his pathetic existence, look for traces of places he visited. I CAN BE SHERLOCK HOLMES!

able to study body - yes

to lazy to type, so this 

studying a body is okay, but the information should not be to obvious, maybe you can "study body" select, and then see the body in a window where you can rotate him and see if he got shot or something.. but it should not be a message, because that is obvious and not very real, maybe now in alpha a solution, but not for beta or release.

There should NOT BE VISIBLE NAMES OF ANY KIND.
Facial recognition and more facial customization options IS the answer. All these things can wait for now.
Corpses are dead pieces of meat, you can't tell their name just by looking at them even if you've never met them before; it's unrealistic.

See name from up to 50m dependant on conditions.

covered face = 0m recognition.

Facing opposite direction/ zero view of face = 0m recognition.

Low light, including shadows and nightime decreases range.

Sun Glasses will decrease recognition range too.

Being prone, crouched, and in foliage including short grass should all also lessen the range of the name showing.

So in the perfect scenario, well lit field, no bushes/ shadows, no glasses/ anything obstructing the face you could see a persons name from 50m.

No info will be displayed about the person, it will be up to you to remember the name.

Shirt/ rags could instantly be used to cover your face after spawning.

You could change your name once every quarter.

Or once for a character on the dreamy 'survival' servers (7 day respawn time).

Checking bodies should reward you with the name of your victim.

This system would work great on private hives were there ain't a whole lot of randoms popping in and out, but rather a bit of a lasting community of players that you will meet more than once.