srgntpepper

customizable cars!

no one has said anything about nuclear weapons. You logic of how things like mounted guns on cars and helicopters will turn into people wanting more of other things is not something you need to worry about. The devs will add in what they add in, might be guns on cars, might not be, you're gonna have to deal with it either way. They won't have time to add in too much stuff so whatever the community wants at a certain point will not matter strictly because of time. So the warrant for you argument is invalid and frankly asinine. There's also no evidence that things like adding in guns on cars and helicopters would lead to something like nuclear weapons. In fact, if you want to look at what has actually happened since they released early access in December, you would find that the direction they've been heading in is more and more towards survival using hunting and crossbows and improvised weapons(which they were not initially planning on doing when they started development). Be happy, the game hasn't been further from nuclear weapons as they are now.

Arrows compared to machine guns mounted on a helicopter is like an m4 against nuclear bomb. What makes you think your idea is the best and it should end there. What makes you think two weeks later, everyone wont have a helicopter, nothing wrong with having these in A game but they simply shouldnt be in a survival game where finding food should present a problem itself. Adding a simple scope to a gun has turned this game into KOS camping on hill, killing for no reason but fun, game.

My ideas of a survival game is obviously different to yours, but the main reason i hate to see your ideas implemented, is because they completely make zombies useless, and just turns it into another war game, pvp.

Your answer will be make helicopters rare, well just another reason to server hop into lower pop servers.

And how am i here to argue, when i have given you valid reasons why certain things shouldnt be implemented. Do you feel threatened by me because i do not agree with you.

Edited by ld-airgrafix

Arrows compared to machine guns mounted on a helicopter is like an m4 against nuclear bomb. What makes you think your idea is the best and it should end there. What makes you think two weeks later, everyone wont have a helicopter, nothing wrong with having these in A game but they simply shouldnt be in a survival game where finding food should present a problem itself. Adding a simple scope to a gun has turned this game into KOS camping on hill, killing for no reason but fun, game.

My ideas of a survival game is obviously different to yours, but the main reason i hate to see your ideas implemented, is because they completely make zombies useless, and just turns it into another war game, pvp.

Your answer will be make helicopters rare, well just another reason to server hop into lower pop servers.

And how am i here to argue, when i have given you valid reasons why certain things shouldnt be implemented. Do you feel threatened by me because i do not agree with you.

Arrows to machine guns are not the same as m4's are to nuclear bombs.  someone with an arrow can kill someone with a machine gun with just a bit of finesse and stealth, in fact I would prefer something like a crossbow or bow in a game like dayz.

I never said my idea was best and should end there, in fact I posted what came to mind about a subject and simply stated that I hope something similar to this is what happens.

Everyone will not have a helicopter because the devs literally said how rare they were going to be and how hard it would be to find parts for them, not to mention how hard it is to fly a helicopter and how easy it is to shoot them down, like the gunner on a car. It almost isn't worth it to find parts for a heli.

Rarity wasn't my solution, it is actually what the devs said.

And the simple minded statement that " Adding a simple scope to a gun has turned this game into KOS camping on hill, killing for no reason but fun, game." clearly shows you have no idea why the game is this way, which has been discussed several times by the devs.  People kill on sight right now because there is not a whole lot to do in the game at the moment, once you get gear, food, and a gun, there's nothing else to do but shoot and rob people, it has nothing to do with the addition of scopes on guns........like literally nothing.....

Your recent posts have had no valid reasons, just the paranoid illusion that vehicles with guns is going to turn DayZ into some war game.

The only reason I replied was to simply show how you really do not know what you're talking about in regards to this topic.

Again, you're just argueing to argue, you should do yourself a favor and stop....

Edited by srgnt.pepper

Arrows to machine guns are not the same as m4's are to nuclear bombs. someone with an arrow can kill someone with a machine gun with just a bit of finesse and stealth, in fact I would prefer something like a crossbow or bow in a game like dayz.

I never said my idea was best and should end there, in fact I posted what came to mind about a subject and simply stated that I hope something similar to this is what happens.

Everyone will not have a helicopter because the devs literally said how rare they were going to be and how hard it would be to find parts for them, not to mention how hard it is to fly a helicopter and how easy it is to shoot them down, like the gunner on a car. It almost isn't worth it to find parts for a heli.

Rarity wasn't my solution, it is actually what the devs said.

And the simple minded statement that " Adding a simple scope to a gun has turned this game into KOS camping on hill, killing for no reason but fun, game." clearly shows you have no idea why the game is this way, which has been discussed several times by the devs. People kill on sight right now because there is not a whole lot to do in the game at the moment, once you get gear, food, and a gun, there's nothing else to do but shoot and rob people, it has nothing to do with the addition of scopes on guns........like literally nothing.....

Your recent posts have had no valid reasons, just the paranoid illusion that vehicles with guns is going to turn DayZ into some war game.

The only reason I replied was to simply show how you really do not know what you're talking about in regards to this topic.

Again, you're just argueing to argue, you should do yourself a favor and stop....

Sorry i sometimes forget im dealing with kids as this is a game forum, you have gone to a defensive mode. Your arguments have turned into insults and nothing else.

You can bring down a helicopter with an arrow, really pls tell how, with a bit of stealth ha ha

People kill on sight right now because there is not a whole lot to do in the game at the moment, once you get gear, food, and a gun, there's nothing else to do but shoot and rob people, it has nothing to do with the addition of scopes on guns

Guess what will happen when players will get their hummer+grenade launcher, and nothing else to do further...

That's why I would rather devs to implement non-offensive features orientation such : cooking,hunting,bariccading,etc - And yes I definitely support car customization (engine/chassis improvments, paint, searchlight, loudspeaker, trailer, homemade camo car-covers).

At least if at some point vehicle owner would get bored, a such customized vehicle won't incite much to turn serial killers since not behind the wheel of a killing-machine.

Guess what will happen when players will get their hummer+grenade launcher, and nothing else to do further...

That's why I would rather devs to implement non-offensive features orientation such : cooking,hunting,bariccading,etc - And yes I definitely support car customization (engine/chassis improvments, paint, searchlight, loudspeaker, trailer, homemade camo car-covers).

At least if at some point vehicle owner would get bored, a such customized vehicle won't incite much to turn serial killers since not behind the wheel of a killing-machine.

That's exactly what they're doing.  They are implementing cooking, hunting, barricading, etc and they're releasing that in the near future, like two weeks to a month.  They're not adding in cars until q3-q4 probably for that reason.  By the time cars are added in, they'll have worked on server performance, player dexterity/control, hunting, cooking, hostile animals, and improved zombies, there will be plenty to do alone and with your friends.  We don't know what they're going to do with cars, but i suspect there will be some cars(very few) that automatically spawn with like a .50 cal on it where the shooter has to be exposed to use it anyways. I really doubt they will let us customize the cars to the extent that we actually mount weapons on the cars so it isn't really something to worry about. Having a mounted gun on a car isn't really a big deal.  If you played or watched any DayZ mod videos with people driving around in, like, trucks with .50 cals on them the gunner and driver don't really last long.  Most the kills they get are from them just running people over that are running in the street. 

The main reason i don't wan't to see guns on cars is because then they can just go to cities and go shoot up the place with an LMG, And scare every new player away for miles.

I'd think that you could craft gun pintles, turrets and shields and just have whoever climb into them to use whatever gun they found in it. So if they never add LMGs its not going to pose a balance issue as far as firepower goes.

Though if you ARE allowed to have guns in a vehicle as a modifications, they should at least have molotov cocktails or something that can aply fight back.

So basically this is just to make it like origins and add player made vehicles?  

Sorry i sometimes forget im dealing with kids as this is a game forum, you have gone to a defensive mode. Your arguments have turned into insults and nothing else.

You can bring down a helicopter with an arrow, really pls tell how, with a bit of stealth ha ha

He was probably talking about how he could take out a machine gunner on the ground and not a machine gunner in a helicopter. He likely did not read your post correctly.

In all seriousness though, you need to stop acting rude. It doesn't seem like he is trying to insult you, he is just disagreeing with your points.

""as airgrafix said...is this a wargame?""

What does post apocalyptic setting mean to you?

It means "Oh shit, humanity is dwindling, we should play it safe and try to slowly rebuild society." But it seems that some people believe it would be "Oh shit, theyre trying to rebuild humanity. Better go kill them"

In real life, the KoS guys would die the first year. Too much noise, too eager for a kill, too stupid to watch the flanks. Only difference is that they respawn in DayZ, the dont in real life. ESPECIALLY if they acted like they do ingame, since so many of them seem to say thats what they would do in real life.

On topic

Id like the VS3 to have a ton of customization, as well as trucks and urals. Found scrap metal, chicken wire, nails and rope? Youve got yourself a semi-bullet proof cage.

Mosin bayonets welded to the rim lol

Road plow on the front XD