srgntpepper

customizable cars!

""Food and shelter are the basic needs to survive, in any scenario whether its apocalyptic, war or normal.""

I'm sorry but that's just bs.

What good is your food going to do if you get killed by other players or Z? You don't need to worry about those in a normal situation.

You can go for days without water and weeks without food but you cant bear a Z knawing on your bones for more than a few seconds. It's just common sense Z should be your priority. Sure I need to find food before I starve, but a melee weapon is top priority as a fresh spawn.

"What good is food if you get killed" wow.

You can go years without killing anyone, coming across anyone, especially in an apocalyptic scenario where population has be decimated.

I didnt want to resort to google but just type in "basic human needs to survive" believe me its not a vehicle with machine guns ha ha. Nor is it any kind of weapon.

Even in the game, your first priority is food.

Edited by ld-airgrafix

It takes around half an hour in game to find enough food and water to survive for quite a while.

Are you suggesting we just go play something else after that? Mission accomplished?

QtbiKYP.png

Also more scrap machines.

• Like 1

It takes around half an hour in game to find enough food and water to survive for quite a while.

Are you suggesting we just go play something else after that? Mission accomplished?

So it would make sense to re-balance food & water. Don't you think?

-----

OP initially took up Dean Hall words on how complex it will be to repair and manage a car with random scavenged parts (this is customization, intended or not).

I repeat, he talked about : a car.

A simple car, you know.

With primary function to move (faster) from point A to B.

No less no more.

tumblr_mh6sv0lGYW1rd90z0o10_r1_1280.jpg

...and it's already going to end with that existential question : "should I mount a gatling or a missile launcher on my military grade automobile?"

:facepalm:

-----

OP initially took up Dean Hall words on how complex it will be to repair and manage a car with random scavenged parts (this is customization, intended or not).

A simple car, you know.

No less no more.

...and it's already going to end with that existential question : "should I mount a gatling or a missile launcher on my military grade automobile?"

Not talking about mil grade, they are adding LMGs so why limit the ability to attach them to things.

Cut the back half of the roof off that vehicle, basic rollover hoop, pintle mount and PKM. Gives you around 45 deg fire arc to lay down hate but leaves gunner very exposed.

@srgnt.pepper

It is not the point of pros/cons it could bring, nor of how credible it would be, nor of how rare they must be.

It is just on core design discrepancy.

In what way would there be a discrepancy with the core design?  Also, the great thing about alpha is that the core design of the game can be changed or adjusted.

But that aside, I don't see how it affects the core design.  I think some people think having a car with a gun is going to bring about armored warfare in DayZ, but a car with a weapon attached would most likely be very rare, it would come as is(meaning you wouldn't actually attach the weapon, thats just how it would spawn), and it probably wouldn't last long.  People would either destroy it on purpose or crash it on accident or the driver would be sniped out.

-----

A simple car, you know.

No less no more.

This is all very true, dean was just talking about finding parts to make the car function, like I stated before. This is just a thread about how awesome it would be to customize cars further, with maybe some ideas and pictures from the community too.

To be honest, they'll probably make the wrecked cars we see in game(like the one you posted) able to be fixed up and I have seen a couple wrecked Humvee looking cars with what looked like "Ma Deuce" mounted on it, so we'll see.......

Edited by srgnt.pepper

As long as i can up armor and put a turret on a Ural

I'll be good

As long as I can find a jerry can and a spade for my Ural, I'll be good.

I'm against mounting guns on vehicles because I hate fun. I'd rather play a game where no matter how hard I try my character starves to death in his own filth. Fun is terrible and I don't want anyone else to have it.

Mounting LMGs on vehicles would be awesome. Using small weapons to shoot out of windows is awesome. If you nay-saying scrubs can't think of a reason not to have these features in-game without saying "omg its like CoD, ur a little kid, go play Arma (which is a military simulator, you brain-dead dolts, not an arcade shooter)" then sit down.

DayZ is a survival game, but that's not all I want to do. I don't want to find a bag of rice and go "whelp, that's my end game, gg". I want to mount a machine gun on a car and go buck wild on some zombies or some bandits and go out in a blaze of glory. I don't want to slowly shit myself to death.

By all means, you should slowly work your way towards a mini-tank, but so far I've seen no legitimate arguments against the implementation of mounted weapons on vehicles beyond it breaking the rather monotonous status-quo.

I'd rather not have them in but its fine if the option is added eventually.

Its gonna take alot of shit to fix cars anyway so why not. I'm more afraid of the guy with a rifle than I am of the idiot in the technical going down the road. Plus, gunners always die first and shooting on the move(if its works like ArmA) is hilariously bad.

It doesn't mean outbreak happened during or just right after ArmA II end campaign, some time (months?years?) may passed.

"Where do you think all American military gear came from?"

May be from sales...? An army frequently refresh its weapon stocks, adopt new ones, etc...

Having few M4 rifles doesn't mean they bought the full panoply from USA. (because you know it's a little expensive...)

Did you see Hummer wrecks arounds? so don't even look for pristine one with loaded weapon and key on dashboard gently waiting on supermarket parking.

All those BMPs blow up on their own did they?

As long as I can use spray paint to create an Interceptor I am keen.

Going to need more than one can mate. Edited by ld-airgrafix

hopefully we will get police cars with working sirens, and what if…. customizable sirens? y…y.. y-es, yes! YES!!

lol.

• Like 2

"What good is food if you get killed" wow.

You can go years without killing anyone, coming across anyone, especially in an apocalyptic scenario where population has be decimated.

I didnt want to resort to google but just type in "basic human needs to survive" believe me its not a vehicle with machine guns ha ha. Nor is it any kind of weapon.

Even in the game, your first priority is food.

""You can go years without killing anyone""

The question was whether anyone can go years without killing you.

""especially in an apocalyptic scenario where population has be decimated""

The population turned Z. There are just as many of them and now they're not just grumpy chernorians.

Do you agree a post apocalyptic setting is not the same as a normal setting?

If not, there is no point in replying to you.

Edited by mgc

""You can go years without killing anyone""

The question was whether anyone can go years without killing you.

""especially in an apocalyptic scenario where population has be decimated""

The population turned Z. There are just as many of them and now they're not just grumpy chernorians.

Do you agree a post apocalyptic setting is not the same as a normal setting?

If not, there is no point in replying to you.

Mate we are not dissussing difference between normal and post apoc. settings.

Im saying food and shelter are top priority, you are saying finding weapons is.

I love this idea, and don't see why not.

About the guns on cars... I can see why people would think they're OP, but because this isn't a "war game" or "Call of Duty" isn't a reason :P. There's a lot of possibility for balance in this. First, it would be hard to hit someone with the gun while drive (the wind speed, other variable like that). Also, the ammo could be very hard to find, and maybe the gun isn't long range, so it's easy to snipe the guy on it. Maybe the gun can be taken from a helicopter, which would be hard to find already.

I love this idea, and don't see why not.

About the guns on cars... I can see why people would think they're OP, but because this isn't a "war game" or "Call of Duty" isn't a reason :P. There's a lot of possibility for balance in this. First, it would be hard to hit someone with the gun while drive (the wind speed, other variable like that). Also, the ammo could be very hard to find, and maybe the gun isn't long range, so it's easy to snipe the guy on it. Maybe the gun can be taken from a helicopter, which would be hard to find already.

"Helicopters", "snipers", "cars with guns", and the player would pick up a bat or a crowbar, why? Why are devs wasting their time with bows, if players want helicopters

"Helicopters", "snipers", "cars with guns", and the player would pick up a bat or a crowbar, why? Why are devs wasting their time with bows, if players want helicopters

Cause we want both.....

• Like 1

Putting guns on cars reminds me to much of a arcade game...like twisted metal. reinforceing cars would be great starting with wood panels upgradeing to metal parts over time :)

Yup, because you can find all of those you listed just lying around when you spawn. You don't start out as a bambi and work up or anything...

Yup, because you can find all of those you listed just lying around when you spawn. You don't start out as a bambi and work up or anything...

Ok, i want warships, equipped with kitchens and chefs, cause canned food will simply not do, champagne and wines of highest quality, because who wants pipsi, right. I want these ships to have heat seeking missiles, because aiming is so yesterday. When i want to get of the ship i would like to have a speed boat that comes with an npc driver. Once im on land i... Oh wait, might as well download a hack, at least i wont have to wait for devs to put in my awesome survival ideas. And they are awesome , because f**k playing a survival game like a hungry thirsty survivor.

Edited by ld-airgrafix

Would you like nuclear weapons?

No one has said anything about nuclear weapons.  Your logic of how things like mounted guns on cars and helicopters will turn into people wanting more of other things is not something you need to worry about.  The devs will add in what they add in, might be guns on cars, might not be, you're gonna have to deal with it either way.  They won't have time to add in too much stuff so whatever the community wants at a certain point will not matter strictly because of time.  So the warrant for you argument is invalid and frankly asinine.  There's also no evidence that things like adding in guns on cars and helicopters would lead to something like nuclear weapons.  In fact, if you want to look at what has actually happened since they released early access in December, you would find that the direction they've been heading in is more and more towards survival using hunting and crossbows and improvised weapons(which they were not initially planning on doing when they started development).  Be happy, the game hasn't been further from nuclear weapons as they are now.

Note: I'm also done responding to your posts, I'm pretty certain you're just here to argue anyways so what's the point

Edited by srgnt.pepper