srgntpepper

customizable cars!

Well this isn't arma, and believe it or not, petrol stations need to be refilled everyone and then, and when the whole world is in upheaval who will refill them? "Humvees", "marines", you know this game's setting is Russia and Eastern Europe, not USA.

Why would you want all that technological stuff anyway, it's cowardly to be miles away and press a button and heaps of explosions occur. I want to sneak up to you and slice your throat,or silently put a arrow in your belly, that's fun, and surviving.

Go and play Arma, COD and all other war game teens play

You are obviously very new.

Dayz is part of ARMA.

Its set after the campaign in ARMA II

That's why you have m4s and such.

Get it now?

(and btw, dayz has attracted more kids/teenager than arma and ofp ever did)

I seriously doubt the gas stations would be empty by the time of the apocalypse either, and if that's an argument, who's refilling the airfields with military grade equipment?  

Edited by Geckofrog7

You are obviously very new.

Dayz is part of ARMA.

Get it now?

(and btw, dayz has attracted more kids/teenager than arma and ofp ever did)

I seriously doubt the gas stations would be empty by the time of the apocalypse either, and if that's an argument, who's refilling the airfields with military grade equipment?

Dayz is not Arma. It is a standalone game that uses the same game engine as arma. They are two different games, one is a war game, the other a survival game. Do you get it?

Dayz is not Arma. It is a standalone game that uses the same game engine as arma. They are two different games, one is a war game, the other a survival game. Do you get it?

No its not the same game as arma, but its the same storyline, set after the war.

This isn't even up for debate, look it up.

I'd expect to even find some armed Humvees left over from the marine's invasion. I'd also expect to see a few mounted grenade launchers laying around..

Get it now?

So you expect to access USS Khe Sanh aircraft carrier aswell ?

:lol:

PS : you (and we) know nothing about storyline and DayZ backstory, since devs said nothing about it.

So you expect to access USS Khe Sanh aircraft carrier aswell ?

Yes, actually, I do. :lol:

PS : you (and we) know nothing about storyline and DayZ backstory, since devs said nothing about it.

1. Yes, they did.

2. Its set in Chernarus.

3. You can find CDF, chedaki, and U.N. gear.

4. Arma references are even seen in billboards.

5. Where do you think all the American military gear came from?

Edited by Geckofrog7

It doesn't mean outbreak happened during or just right after ArmA II end campaign, some time (months?years?) may passed.

"Where do you think all American military gear came from?"

May be from sales...? An army frequently refresh its weapon stocks, adopt new ones, etc...

Having few M4 rifles doesn't mean they bought the full panoply from USA. (because you know it's a little expensive...)

Did you see Hummer wrecks arounds? so don't even look for pristine one with loaded weapon and key on dashboard gently waiting on supermarket parking.

It doesn't mean outbreak happened during or just right after ArmA II end campaign, some time (months?years?) may passed.

"Where do you think all American military gear came from?"

May be from sales...? An army frequently refresh its weapon stocks, adopt new ones, etc...

Having few M4 rifles doesn't mean they bought the full panoply from USA. (because you know it's a little expensive...)

Did you see Hummer wrecks arounds? so don't even look for pristine one with loaded weapon and key on dashboard gently waiting on supermarket parking.

As evidenced by the U.N. clothing and U.S. military vests, and the chedaki berets, it appears the war was recent.

And yes, I did see Humvees wrecks, thank you very much. Im not expecting a pristine, ready to go miracle, but a damaged one that you could get up and running with effort, and possibly mount weapons on top. And who's saying that the CDF didn't use some of the leftover U.S. equipment, as well as modern Russian equipment? (it wasn't just poorly equipped rebels, actual, modern Russia fought too)

Edited by Geckofrog7

Having Mosin Nagant doesn't mean year is 1950.

You've seen a humvees wrecks? me not yet (tell me where please).
Your assumption is there is some leftover US equipment, mine is there is no "keep the change" with even a single $140000 military automobile if it could be repaired and bring back in ship cargo hold.

I believe you want ArmA II or all DayZ mod vehicles in SA, but it will not happen (just like weapons).
You are on the wrong game, be prepared to be disapointed.

Edited by JiJi

Your assumption is there is some leftover US equipment, mine is there is no "keep the change" with even a single $140000 military automobile if it could be repaired and bring back in ship cargo hold.

I believe you want ArmA II or all DayZ mod vehicles in SA, but it will not happen (just like weapons).

I think it's reasonable to suggest having a working variant of a common wreck in the game. Also, most unarmored Humvees cost around $65,000, still a hefty price but not $140,000. And U.S. equipment does get left behind, usually when disabled enough to the point where it cannot be moved quickly enough, it even happens with Abrams tanks.

Plus, the U.S. often exports equipment to countries that it invades; that's why Iraq and Afghanistan have Humvees and M4s in their arsenals now.

• Like 1

No, I obviously don't want them all in dayz, but some variety would be nice, both because just having around five vehicles forever would get old fast, and for more incentive to keep playing in hopes of finding rare equipment.  

I know exactly what I paid for, you won't see me whining in the forums because the game hasn't met my every whim and demand. I'm not going to cut myself if there is no Humvees. :D

However, as said in the above post, it can be quite costly to bring back damaged vehicles, and the u.s. often lends equipment to its pawns the countries it has fought in.

Edited by Geckofrog7

Let's stick back to the realistic survival game design.

We are guys wearing dirty canvas pants with rotten kiwis in pockets, and carrying hoe to defend themselves, struggling against fate.
Do you really believe someday we should sit in big HMMWV car with grenade-launchers mounted on top that could blow hundreds zombies and enemies just like in a Quentin Tarantino movie.
Come on...

Let's stick back to the realistic survival game design.

We are guys wearing dirty canvas pants with rotten kiwis in pockets, and carrying hoe to defend themselves, struggling against fate.

Do you really believe someday we should sit in big HMMWV car with grenade-launchers mounted on top that could blow hundreds zombies and enemies just like in a Quentin Tarantino movie.

Come on...

I think after a period of time, the people who survived would start to adapt to their situation, they'd find a way to salvage what they find and build from there.  The would be people who find one spot to live in, they'd build shelter, maybe farm the land, set up defenses etc.  Then there'd be the nomadic people who keep moving.  It's not like having mounted guns on every car would be realistic in any way, but possibly finding a military vehicle to salvage with an already mounted gun on it is realistic.  This is post apocalyptic zombie environment, not a post world war environment.  Meaning not everything would be blown up and on fire.  People just died from a bunch of crazy, hard to kill virus infected cannibal dudes, so why would vehicles be blown up or anything?  I bet most of them would be salvageable. 

Just my two cents...

Note: Also, if you watched the road map presentation, Dean was saying he wanted to have control over certain types of loot that would be in high demand.  So parts for aircraft would be scarce and possibly on a different server.  He was saying a group of servers would manage what spawns on each server.  If there were military vehicles with mounted guns, He would most likely make it scarce.  Besides, unless someone is driving around in a tank, its not like that person with that vehicle would be hard to kill.  If anything that person would have the biggest target on their back......they wouldn't have the vehicle for very long.

Edited by srgnt.pepper
  • Like 1

Ok fair enough, srgt.pepper and Geckofrog clearly want modern technology, my question is why??? Why do you want to have an easy survival athmosphere? Put those cars and guns in and few days later everyone will have one , zombies will become even more useless, just run them over and all the fighting will be done from out of cars, might as well remove all the melee weapons as they will only slow down the game as no one will bother using them. It will become a driving simulator, so might as well remove rain, tiredness, running, no one will be bothered using their feet.

While we are at it, give us nuclear weapons, super laser guns, robocops as pets. When will it stop

K...

One: remember the mod? Remember all the pwning you did in cars?........ exactly.

Two: how is a big noisy thing with an exposed gunner on top going to kill everything in sight?

Three: if it takes 12+ hours to actually get the thing working, how would everyone be running around in it?

Four: with your logic, why isn't everyone always in vehicles in the mod?

Five: why the hell are you being so hostile?

Vehicles have always been a part of dayz. Calm the **** down.

Edited by Geckofrog7

Ok fair enough, srgt.pepper and Geckofrog clearly want modern technology, my question is why??? Why do you want to have an easy survival athmosphere? Put those cars and guns in and few days later everyone will have one , zombies will become even more useless, just run them over and all the fighting will be done from out of cars, might as well remove all the melee weapons as they will only slow down the game as no one will bother using them. It will become a driving simulator, so might as well remove rain, tiredness, running, no one will be bothered using their feet.

While we are at it, give us nuclear weapons, super laser guns, robocops as pets. When will it stop

ok, maybe I didn't say this clear enough, so let me reiterate

Dean is going to have the servers control the rarity of loot spawns......so if there are any vehicles with guns, which none of the devs have even talked about, they would most likely make it a very rare thing, meaning hardly anyone, would have one.....

Also, if your driving a car, it brings attention to zombies AS WELL AS other players.  Having a car might make handling zombies easier, but it would make handling players harder.   It's like running around town screaming with your mic on, it just makes everyone try to kill you......

So there's a catch to having a vehicle like that.

I'm not for modern tech, but I'm also not against it, there is going to be some modern technology in a post apocalyptic setting, having a mounted gun on a car isn't exactly modern tech though, thats something that has been happening for a very very long time, it's not like we're talking about creating the T1000....

Edited by srgnt.pepper

War is different to post apocalyptic setting. Usually in war, petrol, food, donations, and especially guns and ammo are poured in by other countries, illegaly and legally.

Post apocalyptic means, the whole world is f**ked, so if you think it's wise to supercharge your vehicle in times when petrol barely exists! you are wrong. The farthest I would like to see cars go is blocking windows with sheets of metal and such.

Honestly I couldn't care if they ever add cars at all, they are not needed and if I was in a real life situation, I would much rather save that petrol to run a generator, keeping basic needs running such as stove, or a heater in winter.

Survival game is about making it as tough as possible to live. Food and water should be the top priority, keeping zombies away, not kos'ing other players for fun. So if you think having twin machine guns added to you turbo supra, with a lime green paint job, music blaring is survival, oh boy are you in a wrong game

""War is different to post apocalyptic setting. Usually in war, petrol, food, donations, and especially guns and ammo are poured in by other countries, illegaly and legally.""

If you claim this is not the case in DayZ; Loot respawn and server migration.

""Post apocalyptic means, the whole world is f**ked""

Ah, so we agree?

""so if you think it's wise to supercharge your vehicle in times when petrol barely exists! you are wrong.""

At no point did i mention wanting to supercharge my vehicle. If you're trying to say the availability of respawning fuel should be limited so gas guzzlers might not be practical for fuel economy reasons, we could agree.

""The farthest I would like to see cars go is blocking windows with sheets of metal and such.""

Why not allow complete redesign of the coach? To much freedom for the kids to handle? TTP in under an hour? Why we can't have nice stuffs?

""Survival game is about making it as tough as possible to live. Food and water should be the top priority, keeping zombies away""

I couldn't help but noticing Z are last in this row while imo they should be first and foremost.

Edited by mgc

""War is different to post apocalyptic setting. Usually in war, petrol, food, donations, and especially guns and ammo are poured in by other countries, illegaly and legally.""

If you claim this is not the case in DayZ; Loot respawn and server migration.

""Post apocalyptic means, the whole world is f**ked""

Ah, so we agree?

""so if you think it's wise to supercharge your vehicle in times when petrol barely exists! you are wrong.""

At no point did i mention wanting to supercharge my vehicle. If you're trying to say the availability of respawning fuel should be limited so gas guzzlers might not be practical for fuel economy reasons, we could agree.

""The farthest I would like to see cars go is blocking windows with sheets of metal and such.""

Why not allow complete redesign of the coach? To much freedom for the kids to handle? TTP in under an hour? Why we can't have nice stuffs?

""Survival game is about making it as tough as possible to live. Food and water should be the top priority, keeping zombies away""

I couldn't help but noticing Z are last in this row while imo they should be first and foremost.

You think you should kill zombies then eat and drink, my friend you are way off as what survival is about. Food and water are your basic needs, not killing zombies in flying cars with supersonic guns.

You think you should kill zombies then eat and drink, my friend you are way off as what survival is about. Food and water are your basic needs, not killing zombies in flying cars with supersonic guns.

You are forgetting this is a Z apocalypse, not the bush bush. Staying alive long enough to find water and food should be your primary concern.

You are forgetting this is a Z apocalypse, not the bush bush. Staying alive long enough to find water and food should be your primary concern.

An apocalypse is an apocalypse whether its zombies or bandits or aliens. Food and shelter are the basic needs to survive, in any scenario whether its apocalyptic, war or normal. You can survive any apocalypse without ever finding a weapon or killing a single zombie, but you cant survive without ever eating. Dont you agree?

I just would like to have a pickup truck, being able to put metal on the sides, and a rotatable M4 on a stick on the back. 360° M4 fire :)

An apocalypse is an apocalypse whether its zombies or bandits or aliens. Food and shelter are the basic needs to survive, in any scenario whether its apocalyptic, war or normal. You can survive any apocalypse without ever finding a weapon or killing a single zombie, but you cant survive without ever eating. Dont you agree?

""Food and shelter are the basic needs to survive, in any scenario whether its apocalyptic, war or normal.""

I'm sorry but that's just bs.

What good is your food going to do if you get killed by other players or Z? You don't need to worry about those in a normal situation.

You can go for days without water and weeks without food but you cant bear a Z knawing on your bones for more than a few seconds. It's just common sense Z should be your priority. Sure I need to find food before I starve, but a melee weapon is top priority as a fresh spawn.

@srgnt.pepper

It is not the point of pros/cons it could bring, nor of how credible it would be, nor of how rare they must be.
It is just on core design discrepancy.