srgntpepper

customizable cars!

So in the road map, Dean said he wanted to give the player the option to customize their vehicles, he started talking about batteries and shit, but what popped up in my head was this

34459.jpg

and

52749b.jpg

Now obviously, acheiving exactly that is not likely at all, but I hope we have quite a few options besides literally just finding parts to make the car run.

and this is a suggestion, if anyone is questioning the place this thread should be

Edited by srgnt.pepper
  • Like 4

Yeah, Uhh Hopefully we can put metal on the sides of cars for reinforcement, But putting guns on cars sounds like a terrible idea..

• Like 4

Yeah, Uhh Hopefully we can put metal on the sides of cars for reinforcement, But putting guns on cars sounds like a terrible idea..

Nat uh.

Having guns on cars is a great idea.

Just look at arma - the gunner is always the first person to die.

• Like 7

Nat uh.

Having guns on cars is a great idea.

Just look at arma - the gunner is always the first person to die.

Now you can drive off.

And they can has sad.

Or they can shoot you

And be dead from gunner.

Scrap metal, chicken wire over windows, shooting from cars.

Floodlights, cow catchers, rams, I don't think anything should be ruled out, if we ain't seeing cars with LMG's then I don't wanna see players with LMG's at all.

• Like 1

60029_110700182324760_100001543367810_84

Keen.

Technicals are a powerful and vulnerable thing. You're in a fixed point, a single rifle round removes you but you can lay down some serious pain.

• Like 5

Petrol is in short demand, so gas guzzlers would be out of question. Besides this is a survival game not a war game.

The main reason i don't wan't to see guns on cars is because then they can just go to cities and go shoot up the place with an LMG, And scare every new player away for miles.

like the V8 from MadMax.... :>

Hell Yeah!

DayZ will have so many ideas from MM xD

edit: some1 was faster with the MM-idea. ;)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 3

like the V8 from MadMax.... :>

Hell Yeah!

DayZ will have so many ideas from MM xD

edit: some1 was faster with the MM-idea. ;)

If you really like that it then the car originally used for it was the Ford Falcon XB GT Hardtop. Came with a 351Ci (5.7 liter) ford v8, toploader and LSD. Australia and NZ only, originally built to homologate a setup that ford wanted to use for an endurance-type race called the Bathurst 500 (Now the Bathurst 1000). But if you want a replica then don't chop up a genuine GT, they are too rare and valuble now. There is only one replica i know of that was made from an actual GT, originally Australian and now resides in the US, the licence plate reads "LASTV8".

• Like 1

Petrol is in short demand, so gas guzzlers would be out of question. Besides this is a survival game not a war game.

I'd say a post apocalyptic setting doesn't differ much from a war setting.

I'd really like to change the car from the chassis up. All the mechanical parts can be cookie cutter but imo there should be the option for a player designed coach. This will increase the vehicles efficiency and functionality based on player skill. Basically base building for vehicles.

• Like 2

I don't want this game turn into Viper, Knight Rider or some other racing game with cars brizzling with guns..techicals are ok but as airgrafix said...is this a wargame? We already have a ton of wannabe DayZ boy soldiers as it is...we don't have to make the game into ArmAZ. You have vanilla ArmA 2 and 3 for that or any other mod related to warfare.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 2

I don't want this game turn into Viper, Knight Rider or some other racing game with cars brizzling with guns..techicals are ok but as airgrafix said...is this a wargame? We already have a ton of wannabe DayZ boy soldiers as it is...we don't have to make the game into ArmAZ. You have vanilla ArmA 2 and 3 for that or any other mod related to warfare.

""as airgrafix said...is this a wargame?""

What does post apocalyptic setting mean to you?

Reinforced custom/scrap wehicles i say Yes.   gun armored cars whit miniguns M2 etc... i say NO!!!

That its not a war game but a survival game.

Tell me what you confuse it with...

Like tank battles or waging another world war with armies and more nukes would be the first thing coming up peoples minds..

Edited by Enforcer

Tell me what you confuse it with...

Like tank battles or waging another world war with armies and more nukes would be the first thing coming up peoples minds..

No, that's an apocalyptic setting. This game takes place after the equivalent of that.

Survival in a post apocalyptic setting, especially by yourself, is like being behind enemy lines without a way to get back.

Yea lets see gas tanks have a limited amount of fuel in them, and it re-spawns in gas tanks around the map.

Players can fight for control of the gas stations!

• Like 1

Reinforced custom/scrap wehicles i say Yes.   gun armored cars whit miniguns M2 etc... i say NO!!!

No M2s - PKMs in exposed positions (In pickup beds, hole in car roof)

Technicals are far from OP or unrealistic. Think about it - Survivors can't carry around a 18pnd PKM all day. So mount it on a truck! You can mow down hoards of zeds,suppress players, ect. Also, they were everywhere in Arma's campaign

So about them being OP - the PKM is a 7.62x54 GPMG that was the CDFs standard support weapon. It would be on either a limited traverse (Cheap) ontop the cab or a 360° (Expensive) in the bed. Either way, your standing ontop of a pickup bed and EXTREMELY exposed to enemy fire. It would give vehicles some kind of defense against Helicopters or ambushes, and allow them to attack other vehicles, but would be virtaully worthless against players.

The first -if not the only- mounted "weapon" I would expect for DayZ, is a searchlight / spotlight (scavenged from cop's car?) operated by passenger.

**Warning, video may offense

• Like 2

War is different to post apocalyptic setting. Usually in war, petrol, food, donations, and especially guns and ammo are poured in by other countries, illegaly and legally.

Post apocalyptic means, the whole world is f**ked, so if you think it's wise to supercharge your vehicle in times when petrol barely exists! you are wrong. The farthest I would like to see cars go is blocking windows with sheets of metal and such.

Honestly I couldn't care if they ever add cars at all, they are not needed and if I was in a real life situation, I would much rather save that petrol to run a generator, keeping basic needs running such as stove, or a heater in winter.

Survival game is about making it as tough as possible to live. Food and water should be the top priority, keeping zombies away, not kos'ing other players for fun. So if you think having twin machine guns added to you turbo supra, with a lime green paint job, music blaring is survival, oh boy are you in a wrong game

• Like 1

What's with all these guys all "dis isn't war n008!!!!"

One, cars are already on their way. There is plenty of fuel left in the gas stations in arma 2, why would they just run out? (I can see it expiring after a year, but that's another story) Two, there's plenty of post war equipment laying around, how is a technical such blasphemy? I'd expect to even find some armed Humvees left over from the marine's invasion. I'd also expect to see a few mounted grenade launchers laying around..

Edited by Geckofrog7

well, choosing what car to drive would be out of the question as well, we can't all drive around in a prius.  Besides, the gas guzzlers are usually the easiest to work on and customize really.

I don't really care about weapons on cars, although I would be down, I just like the tracks on the back of the first car.  The mad max car doesn't have any mounted guns, I want that car the most, lol

Yea lets see gas tanks have a limited amount of fuel in them, and it re-spawns in gas tanks around the map.

Players can fight for control of the gas stations!

I'm sure players will camp gas stations regardless of the demand for gas, but on a side note dean was saying he can't make the game too realistic, otherwise it just wouldn't be fun to play so I'm sure the gas at gas stations will be unlimited and it will definitely respawn if it isn't unlimited

What's with all these guys all "dis isn't war n008!!!!"

One, cars are already on their way. There is plenty of fuel left in the gas stations in arma 2, why would they just run out? (I can see it expiring after a year, but that's another story) Two, there's plenty of post war equipment laying around, how is a technical such blasphemy? I'd expect to even find some armed Humvees left over from the marine's invasion. I'd also expect to see a few mounted grenade launchers laying around..

Well this isn't arma, and believe it or not, petrol stations need to be refilled everyone and then, and when the whole world is in upheaval who will refill them? "Humvees", "marines", you know this game's setting is Russia and Eastern Europe, not USA.

Why would you want all that technological stuff anyway, it's cowardly to be miles away and press a button and heaps of explosions occur. I want to sneak up to you and slice your throat,or silently put a arrow in your belly, that's fun, and surviving.

Go and play Arma, COD and all other war game teens play