Sign in to follow this  
rosebud

11 lessons for Bambie

Things you don’t need to learn the hard way…like I did

1) Dead reckoning with compass; Pick a place fairly close and along the general line you wish to travel to. Reach that destination and then pick the next. So on and so on until you get where you want.

2) Take your tee-shirt off the moment you spawn and tear it into rags so you can bandage yourself. Found shirts can be made into rags also.

3) If you find some long sticks…pick them up and keep them. When the character says its leg is in pain place the sticks in your hand and add some rags (see 2) to make a splint.

4) Eat or drink when you are safe and even then take a quick look around between bites.

5) Many buildings are worthless wastes of time and they are always the same type buildings.

6) Places with lots of zombies around are a very good sign that no other human is around.

7) Hoes and pitchforks work almost as well as axes.

8) Have a Minnie plan for everything you are about to do. If you are going into a town, recon it (see 6) pick the buildings you are going to go into. Check your storage and make space so you can get in, pick up the items and get out.

9) Do not waste time tinkering with found items in buildings store them away and move on.

10) Try and stay at max hydration and energy (food) as this will allow you to heal. Don’t carry food and water around with you until you are at max…eat and drink these items as soon as you are safe.

11) If doors are open in all the building you are going to chances are they are empty. Someone has gotten there before you. Which leaves you with two choices, change directions or get killed and re-spawn? Ok I told a lie, there is another, follow and kill the bastard who stole all your stuff before you had a chance to claim it. Problem is he will be better equipped then you.

For those that have been playing for a few 100 hours this will seem like a petty list but I have lost my life due to not following 6 of them. Just thought I would impart the wisdom to those that follow me.

Edited by rosebud
  • Like 11

2) Take your tee-shirt off the moment you spawn and tear it into rags so you can bandage yourself. Found shirts can be made into rags also.

I thought the shirt gave you slight protection?

• Like 1

The shirt does offer slight protection, so I wouldnt suggest ripping it apart until you actually start bleeding.

• Like 1

Lesson for bambi: Protect mother.

I'm getting sick of the term "bambie". It's old, it's dumb, and it's annoying. Stop using it.

• Like 5

I'm getting sick of the term "bambie". It's old, it's dumb, and it's annoying. Stop using it.

I was STAGgered that a FALLOW player would take offense to the term Bambii. Players of my ELK are sometimes called that and I personally liked the term the first time I HERD it. Don’t BUCK the system by being so MULE headed. Maybe in a new VENISON of the game things will change. I find the game very DEER to my heart and so DOEs my ANTLER.  Heck she FAWNs over it like it’s her CALF. So just MOOSEy along…nothing to see RED about.

• Like 12

^ That was just wow..

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bambi is such a overused term.

6) Places with lots of zombies around are a very good sign that no other human is around.

and where is lesson for dont trust anyone ? dont go to AF specialy at full servers etc .... ?
not correct because now zeds respawn :P

Who's Bambi and who's Frankie?

Btw t-shirt protection is a question. Z-shewiththehighheels killed me with 3 punches and I had shirt and helmet as well. Another try, 2 soldiers killed me after 14 punches. I had no shirt, no protection, just pants. Placebo protection maybe??...

Very nice thread, Rosebud, most helpful.  And welcome to the forums. :thumbsup:

Bandanas can also be used, tear into rags as per t-shirt. You can also stack rags in your inventory to save space, I.e. 2 t-shirts become 4 rags taking up 1 slot.

Just the opposite in my experience. Lots of zombies means someone is or was in the area.

Some things I learned :

-Ignore zombies unless they follow you into buildings.

-Only use your melee weapon on zombies, otherwise you attract any nearby players and they might think you're a hostile player.

-Only pick up the firefighter axe.  Anything less is like trying to kill with a wet noodle.  Don't even bother.

-Don't think nobody can see you if you lay in tall grass.  It doesn't render from far, and you'll be visible to everyone.

Some things I learned :

[...]

-Only pick up the firefighter axe.  Anything less is like trying to kill with a wet noodle.  Don't even bother.

Not true, Splitting Axe: 2 hits, farming hoe: 2 hits, crowbar ain't so bad either, but i didn't count ;)

The shirt does give you protection, but it's so little prot. it's not really worth it.

3) If you find some long sticks…pick them up and keep them. When the character says its leg is in pain place the sticks in your hand and add some rags (see 2) to make a splint.

This is not 100% true, leg is in pain, and broken leg is another, to cure your "leg in pain" you can use painkillers, but you cant use painkillers on if you have a broken leg, well you can, but you can't get up so.

Morphine or a wooden splint can be used on broken legs, but pains like leg pain can only be cure with painkillers.

Source:

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Status_Effects

PS: LOL, btw im on a leg pain status, and i already try morphine and a wood splint and it didn't helped, i got the same "My leg is painful".

Edited by SpiraxSarco

And this is why we can't have nice things.

The number 1 lesson for a Bambi is GET OFF THE COAST!

• Like 1

I was STAGgered that a FALLOW player would take offense to the term Bambii. Players of my ELK are sometimes called that and I personally liked the term the first time I HERD it. Don’t BUCK the system by being so MULE headed. Maybe in a new VENISON of the game things will change. I find the game very DEER to my heart and so DOEs my ANTLER.  Heck she FAWNs over it like it’s her CALF. So just MOOSEy along…nothing to see RED about.

"herd" and bambi have nothing to do with eachother.

You fucking RUINED IT.

deer god

The shirt does give you protection, but it's so little prot. it's not really worth it.

This. Plus, if you bleed all over your clothes and they become soaked in blood, they can't be used as bandages at all.

As for the "open doors = move on" thing, doors being open doesn't necessarily mean a place has been cleared out. It's likely, yes, but not always the case. It's worth checking, especially if you're in need of a particular item like food or water. Obviously, if you start checking and every building is empty of loot then it's probably time to cut your losses and move on. You also have to consider the location too. Near the coast, it'll likely be empty, but further afield you're more likely to find stuff as the person opening the doors won't be picking up the stuff they don't need.

• Like 1

This. Plus, if you bleed all over your clothes and they become soaked in blood, they can't be used as bandages at all.

As for the "open doors = move on" thing, doors being open doesn't necessarily mean a place has been cleared out. It's likely, yes, but not always the case. It's worth checking, especially if you're in need of a particular item like food or water. Obviously, if you start checking and every building is empty of loot then it's probably time to cut your losses and move on. You also have to consider the location too. Near the coast, it'll likely be empty, but further afield you're more likely to find stuff as the person opening the doors won't be picking up the stuff they don't need.

Yeah, when I loot after I have all the gear I want, I don't even take anything. I think I just do it to pick up some crap for friends. The only stuff I'll take are water bottles, canteens, rice, cereal, ammunition, or cool articles of clothing. Weapons still remain ;).

Just earlier today I found a Green SKS with 1 bullet in it in Elektro with ALL the doors open. I also found my Mosin on a 40 player server. Just sayin' ;)

Some things I learned :

-Only use your melee weapon on zombies, otherwise you attract any nearby players and they might think you're a hostile player.

This is so so true. Every time I hear a player shoot a gun, I think either "Hostile, eliminate on sight" or "Close in, and stay in cover while you talk to them and be ready to take the shot". I stalked two players from the outer fire station in Elektro to the TEC building leaving Elektro, and then cornered them into it. The server reset after that, though, sadly :(

Edited by Crazy_Spider

also drop your flashlight

ain't nobody got time for that

Yeah, when I loot after I have all the gear I want, I don't even take anything. I think I just do it to pick up some crap for friends. The only stuff I'll take are water bottles, canteens, rice, cereal, ammunition, or cool articles of clothing. Weapons still remain ;).

Just earlier today I found a Green SKS with 1 bullet in it in Elektro with ALL the doors open. I also found my Mosin on a 40 player server. Just sayin' ;)

Exactly. I leave stuff I don't need or want, although I close doors behind me. Not to indicate that loot remains, but to cover my tracks and lure others into a false sense of security. Still, others leave loot in place and doors open so, like I said, doors open doesn't necessarily mean all of the loot is gone. Like you, I've found weapons in hi-pop servers. I once found a Mosin in Berezino on a 40/40 server. I guessing that everyone passing through saw the opened doors and assumed the place had been cleared out and didn't bother checking, much to my benefit.

Although there wasn't a scrap of ammo left in the place, so the find was as much use as a handbrake on a canoe at that point.

EDIT: Also, firing a weapon in a town will also draw most, if not all, of the zombies in the area to you. Depending on where you are, this could be A Bad Thing™. And that's at current zombie numbers and spawn rates, I shudder to think what sort of clusterfuckery would ensue if one fired a Mosin in Electro with hundreds, if not thousands, of respawning zombies in the area. :D (this is also why the KoS 'problem' many whinge about won't be as apparent during late game - firing a gun in a large town like Electro would be suicidal).

Edited by Monkfish
  • Like 1

My advice is make mistakes and learn from it yourself. Way more fun. This stuff doesn't exactly take ages to discover

"herd" and bambi have nothing to do with eachother.

You fucking RUINED IT.

deer god

Have you ever herd of a herd of deer...deer?