SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

back on experimental they are too easy...Every gun should be like the .22 gun.. Head shot kill only. Currently the FNX pistol can kill a zombie one shot to the foot.

We need a balance between stable/ experimental zombies

Head shot kill only.

They are infected humans. Maybe not the traditional mainstream zombies, but they are still zombies.

• Like 1

Well even so, if they are en-raged humans, like in 28 days later. Those b*stards will run at you even with their leg hanging off. They are infected and relentless and shouldn't feel pain unless fully exterminated. So in faireness a limb shot shouldn't be fatal especially from a small pistol.

Maybe several shots to the chest, or headshot only as a balance.

But I think one shot to any limb (as it is currently) as far too easy. I am accepting the fire axe can be one melee only as its a heavy and somewhat the best melee weapon. However common pistols and every gun (apart from 22 which i feel is nicely balanced) can one shot a zombie anywhere, this is a bit easy.

Well even so, if they are en-raged humans, like in 28 days later. Those b*stards will run at you even with their leg hanging off. They are infected and relentless and shouldn't feel pain unless fully exterminated. So in faireness a limb shot shouldn't be fatal especially from a small pistol.

But I think one shot to any limb (as it is currently) as far too easy. I am accepting the fire axe can be one melee only as its a heavy and somewhat the best melee weapon. However common pistols and every gun (apart from 22 which i feel is nicely balanced) can one shot a zombie anywhere, this is a bit easy.

But with this horrendous weapon dispersion it's impossible to hit them anyway, right?  :rolleyes:

I can hit them just fine but I know what you mean about the random deviation. i think that is placeholder and they will adjust those later? I usually shoot them about 100m but I've hit longer shots with the M4 acog. The FNX pistol however is horrible accuracy. Anything over about 30m and it doesn't connect at all. Either way you can still headshots Ok and its not reason to make the zombies one shot from anything?

Edited by AgentNe0

I can hit them just fine but I know what you mean about the random deviation. i think that is placeholder and they will adjust those later? I usually shoot them about 100m but I've hit longer shots with the M4 acog. The FNX pistol however is horrible accuracy. Anything over about 30m and it doesn't connect at all. Either way you can still headshots Ok and its not reason to make the zombies one shot from anything?

The eye rolling at the end didn't show the sarcasm?  

• Like 1

I think zombies should respawn very slowly. Maybe 30 minutes after you kill one. And the problem with the fast zombies is the HUGE jump between gun and no gun. They are literally no problem with a gun and nightmares with no gun. And you can't get a gun because if you try to take a step into a place for ANYTHING you are mauled

• Like 1

Well.. zombies are dead, and so their behaviour should also look that way. But some of them are faster than the player... Then there's problem with walls, which simply doesn't exist for them. Lastly their detecting ability. Gonna find you almost any time, ignoring even prone position and static objects. Pitch-black night? works.. for some of them, others simply attack.

Zombies are nuisance; glitched, bugged nuisance. No challenge, no fear - just a nuisance.

Edited by nemorus

I think you underestimate the damage a bullet does to living tissue. Sure headshots should take them down, but being hit by a bullet in non-vital areas can still tear up a muscle or break a bone and that will incapacitate anyone no matter how angry they are.

Then there's the huge difference in firepower between rifles and pistols. Pistols are generally designed for defense at close range, while rifles are designed for offense at longer range. It's pretty damn hard to hit a moving target with a pistol.

Well.. zombies are dead, and so their behaviour should also look that way. But some of them are faster than the player... Then there's problem with walls, which simply doesn't exist for them. Lastly their detecting ability. Gonna find you almost any time, ignoring even prone position and static objects. Pitch-black night? works.. for some of them, others simply attack.

Zombies are nuisance; glitched, bugged nuisance. No challenge, no fear - just a nuisance.

But.. they're not dead.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Strawman

I think you underestimate the damage a bullet does to living tissue. Sure headshots should take them down, but being hit by a bullet in non-vital areas can still tear up a muscle or break a bone and that will incapacitate anyone no matter how angry they are.

Then there's the huge difference in firepower between rifles and pistols. Pistols are generally designed for defense at close range, while rifles are designed for offense at longer range. It's pretty damn hard to hit a moving target with a pistol.

But.. they're not dead.  :rolleyes:

Zombies or infected will hobble along with one leg hanging off. they will not drop to the floor in agony. They will crawl along with no legs if they have to. Their not people!

Well in general i´m all for "headshot only" to kill a Zombie

BUT with their current speed, the none existing walls, the sometimes horrible framerates in cities

and the fact that we no longer see the bullet impact on longer ranges makes

its as good as impossible to give zeds headshots without at least wasting 20 bullets for every zombie!

Zombies or infected will hobble along with one leg hanging off. they will not drop to the floor in agony. They will crawl along with no legs if they have to. Their not people!

True, but have you tried to fight on one leg? :D You lose a lot of balance and you become slow and weak since you can't use the ground as support for your movement. But I digress.

Maybe they shouldn't be stopped in their tracks from damage to non-vital areas, but at least they should be slowed.

• Like 1

In the last two days or so, I have noticed different behavior from zombies than I have seen so far. Always before, the majority of them were near buildings with one or two ranging out further (especially in big cities). One might wander once in a while if there was a noise or a recent player through, but most of them stood dully staring around them with an occasional glance to the sides.

Instead, I am now finding them out in the middle of nowhere with increasing frequency. I have seen many of them walking aimlessly forward out on their own when there is no visible reason. Even in empty servers where no players could be setting them off outside of myself it is happening. I sat and watched one doing it for a while. It walked a ways, stopped, looked around and after a pause, began walking again.

I hadn't heard about any changes to the stable version, so does anyone know why this sudden shift in behavior is happening? Don't get me wrong, I love it. Suddenly they are a much bigger threat and going out into the woods doesn't equal sure safety, but it is also strange to see when the only thing anyone has been talking about recently is fishing and hunting.

I've noticed this as well and haven't seen it in the news or anything about the changes, would be nice to know whether they have been changed at all :P

They have always done that starting with the March patch I believe.

There have always been some wandering forward. I think they may have been zombies that have aggroed in the past that sometimes just settles wandering forward. And there are some zombie spawns in the wild (not a lot), but mostly you will see zombies in the wild because they have followed players there and given up.

• Like 1

Odd. I had never noticed the behavior until just now. Either I was oblivious or I was really lucky.

But.. they're not dead.

- well, it's literally "walking corpse", and corpses are dead - basically.

In "DayZ" we need to pound some weight, right into 'their' heads. So we're talking about few brain functions at least. Theoretically we're dealing with animated corpse. Very energetic one, but still dumb pile of rotten meat.

- well, it's literally "walking corpse", and corpses are dead - basically.

In "DayZ" we need to pound some weight, right into 'their' heads. So we're talking about few brain functions at least. Theoretically we're dealing with animated corpse. Very energetic one, but still dumb pile of rotten meat.

I'm sorry, but the developers have been pretty clear that they're not animated corpses. They're living humans infected with a virus similar to the movie "28 days later".

I think they patch the game more often than we think, alot of the things they fix are probably done with server side updates and i think zombie behavior is one of them (to an extent)

• Like 1

I think they patch the game more often than we think, alot of the things they fix are probably done with server side updates and i think zombie behavior is one of them (to an extent)

I would have to agree with this statement, as there are times zombies act a certain way, and then a week later they are different.

there is a slight difference for the better in AI pathing.

on exp it is even more refined.

good "placeholder" for the placeholder IMO.

I shot a Zombie with an M4 today and off in the distance, really really REALLY far away I saw a zombie start running toward me. I mean so far away I had to squint and lean forward while looking at my monitor just to make sure. I can't remember how far in meters/feet but I kind of laughed out loud because of how ridiculous it seemed.

I shot a Zombie with an M4 today and off in the distance, really really REALLY far away I saw a zombie start running toward me. I mean so far away I had to squint and lean forward while looking at my monitor just to make sure. I can't remember how far in meters/feet but I kind of laughed out loud because of how ridiculous it seemed.

Short answer - No.

Long answer - Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Edited by Dr.Burd
  • Like 2