SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

<warning: incoming rage>

What happened to the horror? LOL. Why don't you just freak the crap out and poop your pants everywhere while screaming in direct because the slow zombie (that is in the "movies") is 250m away from you and is coming in hot. Hollyyyy Crap that would scare the living crap out of me. 

DayZ isnt a movie, its a game, and it needs this. Just because you cant kill as many people in COD and get your "Care Packages" because you cant get stuff on your own dosent mean you can shut down other games. Stop comparing it to movies. The Mod wasn't horror. It was like poorly textured clowns that run through walls and chase you at the speed of light. If that is "Horror" to you, than you shouldnt be watching movies. Because if you saw freaking Frozen you'd cry yourself to sleep.

:DDDD

</rage>

<snip> If you understood anything about zombies you'd know there are 1: loads of them 2: you can't run forever.

The way the game is now is more like cod <snip> with all this sprinting around. The horror would come with update to the way the game is played.

Edited by SmashT
No personal attacks please
  • Like 4

looks like I'm getting what i wanted out of the zombies at least. now if we can just catch disease.

<snip> If you understood anything about zombies you'd know there are 1: loads of them 2: you can't run forever.

The way the game is now is more like cod <snip> with all this sprinting around. The horror would come with update to the way the game is played.

Who are you to judge how they run their game. Zombies do not exist in reality. So there is no distinct way any zombie should look or act. Just popular opinion.

Yes they are faster, when you run in turbo mode ( with fists up ). They will run as the same speed as you are. However they only do this about 25/30 seconds I noticed on the hotfix on Exp server before hand. When I got so far they then started to slow down, then they total stop. That's if you carry on running in turbo mode.

It is good to see nice faster Zombies, makes everything a different ball game and changes how we all might play the game. Good to see Zombies are a real threat to every one, from Snipers/Campers etc.

does this mean no more gi-joes with 2 weapons and shit. I'm loving this 28 days/weeks later zeds here we come. once the wall shit gets fixed I think a lot of the pain will cease for some I don't give to shits. I just watch where I loot and why I loot. do I really need crap from that town is it worth the risk...I havn't asked myself those questions since the mod dayz and now I am again getting a nostalgic feeling when I play now it feels like dayz not like others have said a death match with a big map oh I'm sure if I run into someone they'll still try and shoot my ass but oh well the devs are on the right track.

Yes they are faster, when you run in turbo mode ( with fists up ). They will run as the same speed as you are. However they only do this about 25/30 seconds I noticed on the hotfix on Exp server before hand. When I got so far they then started to slow down, then they total stop. That's if you carry on running in turbo mode.

It is good to see nice faster Zombies, makes everything a different ball game and changes how we all might play the game. Good to see Zombies are a real threat to every one, from Snipers/Campers etc. Bad mistake to speed them up ? No! Not at all!

This is not a zombie, its retarded. If this is how dayz is making zombies harder then it's dead to me. Zombies don't sprint. 

The zombies movies with sprinting zombies are the most ridiculous retarded shit movies. and now this game. It's turning into left for dead, or serious sam. Not bad games, but ridiculous. This is not what I got the game for. 

There is no atmosphere, either there are no zombies, or they are sprinting at you. Thats not suspenseful, doesn't seem like you're surviving tucked away in a ruined town creeping around finding supply's trying to avoid the ROTTING CORPSES walking around. Now you just go to town kill the zombies that sprint at you and it's over. What kind of lame experience is this? 

What happened to us having stamina? What happened to the horror? I know it was weak before but I thought it was getting there with the classic slow zombie walking animations. And now they are back to the old mod version of runners. This is bullshit. 

You might like it because it's new about now they are harder, thats true, but this is going the wrong way, this is not how dayz should be. Dayz should be 1000's of zombies, and the danger is from their numbers. you can't run forever. thats where there difficulty comes from. 

Going in this direction I promise you there will never be loads of zombies, it's will just be sparse, with fue zombies that run at you. This is the wrong direction to take the game in. I know I'll get hate from people here, but you'll be building your own lame game. Just another shooter with no style, flare, soul. It will be shallow. I guarantee it.   Just look at all the other games that increase enemy difficulty by adding health or damage or bullshit ability's to the enemy's. Soul less. shallow.  

Go on, flame me, ruin the game. 

• Like 7

Who are you to judge how they run their game. Zombies do not exist in reality. So there is no distinct way any zombie should look or act. Just popular opinion. 

Someone who spent money to support the game to make it a good game thats who. And this is my opinion. The end.

• Like 4

I think the main issue currently is they implemented 2 " make zed harder" features which both work TOO well together and still not fixed the bug where they can go through doors. Fix one bug, remove one difficulty and they will be fine. Fast zeds and low spawn, good. Lots of zeds, slow. Good.

No This is not a zombie, its retarded. If this is how dayz is making zombies harder then it's dead to me. Zombies don't sprint. 

The zombies movies with sprinting zombies are the most ridiculous retarded shit movies. and now this game. It's turning into left for dead, or serious sam. Not bad games, but ridiculous. This is not what I got the game for. 

There is no atmosphere, either there are no zombies, or they are sprinting at you. Thats not suspenseful, doesn't seem like you're surviving tucked away in a ruined town creeping around finding supply's trying to avoid the ROTTING CORPSES walking around. Now you just go to town kill the zombies that sprint at you and it's over. What kind of lame experience is this? 

What happened to us having stamina? What happened to the horror? I know it was weak before but I thought it was getting there with the classic slow zombie walking animations. And now they are back to the old mod version of runners. This is bullshit. 

Honestly, I would rather have slow zombies in an IRL situation.  Fast zombies are frickin terrifying.  Fortunately, zombies are now a real threat and need to be dealt with accordingly.  Yes, spawning is broken.  You can bet that they are drawing up ways to fix it.  Apparently, the zombies are caused by the "Brain Fever" or something along those lines.  These are more like Resident Evil Zombies where they were living, became sick, died, and were instantly reanimated.  How the virus works, they could still have some functioning internal systems.  They don't look terribly rotted, after all.  Just bloody and pale.  They bleed, too.  Maybe some sort of vascular system is still functional.  Arteries still working and the lesser veins are shriveled up?

Anyways, running zombies are plausible and are most certainly the kind of challenge this game needs to keep the focus away from PvP and more on PvE.

• Like 3

Honestly, I would rather have slow zombies in an IRL situation.  Fast zombies are frickin terrifying.  Fortunately, zombies are now a real threat and need to be dealt with accordingly.  Yes, spawning is broken.  You can bet that they are drawing up ways to fix it.  Apparently, the zombies are caused by the "Brain Fever" or something along those lines.  These are more like Resident Evil Zombies where they were living, became sick, died, and were instantly reanimated.  How the virus works, they could still have some functioning internal systems.  They don't look terribly rotted, after all.  Just bloody and pale.  They bleed, too.  Maybe some sort of vascular system is still functional.  Arteries still working and the lesser veins are shriveled up?

Anyways, running zombies are plausible and are most certainly the kind of challenge this game needs to keep the focus away from PvP and more on PvE.

The game needs to be harder yeah, but not like this. This is a cheap way to do it. More zombies are the way to go. not less. And this is less, you won't get 1000's of sprinting zombies. But you could do 1000's of walking ones. 

• Like 3

Guys, the Zeds are surely completely fzúcked right now, yes.

But:

1) The respawning mechanics most people complain about is a preliminary one, and will be replaced once it is fully worked out. That has been in the patchnotes, and Dean has stated this.

2) I like that they made them a threat. Point made. ? Yes, it is kinda retarded...especially while

3) Zeds still run through a house's walls! And they see you and trigger on you while inside. So everytime you hear a Zombie scream while inside, you have to run outside (as fighting inside will get you hit as there's not enough space to ecade), axe the Zed in the leg, and then go on looting, hoping you don't trigger the next...

The Zombies in DayZ hAVE ALWAYS BEEN RUNNERS...if you don't like fast Zeds, why did you get into DayZ? Did you not know the mod? o0 This is the last complaint I can understand.

• Like 1

Guys, the Zeds are surely completely fzúcked right now, yes.

But:

1) The respawning mechanics most people complain about is a preliminary one, and will be replaced once it is fully worked out. That has been in the patchnotes, and Dean has stated this.

2) I like that they made them a threat. Point made. ? Yes, it is kinda retarded...especially while

3) Zeds still run through a house's walls! And they see you and trigger on you while inside. So everytime you hear a Zombie scream while inside, you have to run outside (as fighting inside will get you hit as there's not enough space to ecade), axe the Zed in the leg, and then go on looting, hoping you don't trigger the next...

The Zombies in DayZ hAVE ALWAYS BEEN RUNNERS...if you don't like fast Zeds, why did you get into DayZ? Did you not know the mod? o0 This is the last complaint I can understand.

Because of the fact is was a mod, thats why. It was using arma's enemy coding, thats why they zigzag to avoid getting shot. I ALWAYS thought the intention was to make them better than that. 

And zombies are not sprinters.

walkers, joggers, some runners maybe, not all sprinters. ARE WE IN FUCKING JAMAICA?!

This whole enraged people thing, thats not a zombie, thats just crazy people. It pisses me off because I came into this expecting zombies. Not crazy people.

What does the Z stand for? Zimbabwe? 

Edited by sai
  • Like 5

I think the close spawning is pretty lame and takes away from the game.

Ideally they should be slow moving but far more plentiful in numbers. I would also only make them respawn in areas that lack any players.

• Like 3

I like that they made the zombies harder, but I'm not a big fan of faster zombies in general. I would have preferred just a a lot more of them in every city and town. But, if they are to remain fast, then they need to fix the running through walls glitch ASAP. I have almost died numerous times from running into a building, only just get hit and starting bleeding from a zombie that glitched behind me.

• Like 3

Harder ?

You have to be kidding...

On a LRS,barely even able to see the Zombie from way up in the woods he suddenly turns and runs right at me

They can see for miles now,this "re-spawning" is bullshit once you shoot them or axe them to death they should be gone forever!

Doesn't make sense having them respawn afterkilling one,that is not very realistic at all

They can run faster than a human now,especially if your suffering from all the Lag in and around cities

I myself can not even think of going anywhere near anywhere that has food or water do to this as it is absolutely impossible for me to enter a village or city without getting killed by being swarmed by Zombies.They hit once,your bleeeding and then can not even run away to badage the wound.

They state of the new Zombies makes the game not only unplayable,but so difficult the game is no longer fun at all!

Of coarse,this is all just IMHO

You lost me at the LRS.

You are doing it wrong son.

Get off your ass on sniper hill in Electro and actually play the game.

Edited by AryanBoogeyman
  • Like 1

The new Zombie movement is a fucking joke! They are to stupid to fix the wall glitching, since the last patch everry fucking zombie in Chernarus spawns around you if you shoot a single fucking round and for everyone you kill there spawn two new ones. and the newes patch makes them fucking usain bolt zombies that are twice as fast as every survivor...are you fucking kidding me? FIX YOUR FUCKING BUGS THEN ADD NEW STUFF!!!! you can't even use a fucking bandage because there are suddenly spawning zombies while you can't move...this is a fucked up game...i rather start playing the mod again...or 2017 for ARMA III everthing is better than this fucked up game.

• Like 1

Heh, wow. I played for maybe an hour today. I walked through Stary and actually had to kill three zombies. It wasn't just a pleasant walk through town this time. So, it's a step in the right direction.

Still think the zombies spot a little too far away, a little too quickly. It would be totally awesome if they had to /confirm/ in some way that you're human before rushing you - after all, they don't fight other zombies, do they? I like the idea of being dressed in camouflage helping me against zombies as well as humans. I like the idea of learning their triggers, and then learning how to sneak around zombies without ever having to swing an axe or fire a shot. I think it would deepen things.

But yeah, I like the improvements to their animations and effectiveness. It was a good move.

• Like 3

I Approve of More Deadly Zombies
New Bonapart or new reichsmarschall ??

The speeds of the Zombies are just right! Do not adjust! I love being chased and making a Zombie train out of the citys! However the change I would make to them is that one hit bleed is not a good idea. Best way I think to do is them like this:

1 Hit  =  Screen go gray from being hit.

2 Hits = Screen go gray and then bleed

3 Hits = Makes Items/clothes damaged/bleed more as well.

Only reason why I said this, due to the fact if your a new spawn and in a server that just restarted. You will be chased and will not have time to look in the building/get food. Then if you move on to the next city/town due to the Zombies, then you will have the same problem, like in the last town. Then it might let the new spawns/new players go hungry/thirsty etc. What about a different set type of Zombies in the new areas only ( Solnichniy and Kamyshovo )  which does not do as much damage to new spawns or can tell, if the play has got "x" like x being Axe etc. I know the programming side of this is not as easy it sounds doing so.

If a player does kill a zombie, make it spawn far away like 2/3 building lengths ( the office building types ) but do not have the Zombie re-locking on to the same person ( just like when a server restarts, when they are minding there own business ), only if that person or another person comes in front of the zombie or fires a gun which will attract the Zombie(s) in a certain radius of that player.

Edited by w00kie

I think people are forgetting the zombies were even faster in the mod

and they were even faster in the beginning

• Like 1

First, zombies shouldn't respawn instantly but around half an hour later

second, they are too fast now

third, they still glitch thru everything

fourth, they should have different attacks (for example biting)

• Like 1