SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

So I log in to play after finally patched and find a backpack and some food... wohoo.  Then I see my first Zed.  As usual he bugs through doors and walls, but I have a pitchfork so I try to attack.  Can't seem to hit him at all.  Meanwhile he's hitting me even when I can't see him (bugged in walls).  I finally die getting hit as he's "invisible" and I can't run away from him.  lol.  wtf?

you cant run away? why? 

thats why you died.

I only very rarely have zombies actually pop through walls - not sure if this is a server load thing (I've mostly been playing my local exp. 1st person serever, so most the time I have low ping and 10-15 players) or latency issue, but for me the zeds have progressed nicely since their inception. Could be a matter of perspective as well :) .

You bought EARLY Access to a ALPHA game thats what happened..

While I agree, I honestly think Zeds become more bugged every patch.  I mean they touted the new nav-mesh and how doors would stop them and yet they still ignore doors and hit through walls.  I understand it is Alpha but it seems like the more they try and improve them the worst they actually become :(

I took down a zombie while standing on one of the interior barn ladders using a wrench. It followed me in (have yet to see a zombie wall glitch for the last couple patches, even trapped some zombies inside buildings by luring them in and closing doors on them) and I just ran(!) up and down the ladder whacking at it until it fell.

To me, zombies feel much better.

Has anybody successfully lit a fire yet?

yes. why is this relevant to the topic?

yes. why is this relevant to the topic?

No, not at all but never mind...

Topic merged.

Remember folks...

Axe (fire).

Axe (wood).

Axe (pick).

Hoe.

they still chase me thru walls in hit me thru ceilings in balota

is this just me? i thought AI routing was recoded

Hmm. I just played for a half hour scavenging the town I spawned in (not sure where im at lol) and I encountered quite a few zombies, most of them when I was in or near a building. They actually look a lot better optimized, I never ran into a problem once where a zombie went through a wall, they chases me up stairs and down fine too. The game overall felt more optimized, I was on a night server but could still see pretty easily. Melee combat still needs work, but it has gotten signifigantly better.

They are many many times better then they were, but its still common to see a zombie come through a wall.

Odds are with you if you try to hide from a zombie in a building now.

Once there was a time when I was able to kill a Zombie just bei punching them with my fists. As a newspan I tried that yesterday and only 1 of nearly 10 punches hit them. Even if I stand close to them and aim for their head.

I think they made it harder to punch a Zombie down than killing it with an axe.

as of .49 zombies can still move through closed doors, and become invisible in buildings which also increases their attack speed.

• Like 1

the invisible in buildings bit drives me nuts. esp in a police station. they get you no matter where you are in the building.

They stil glitch through walls and doors. Saw it last night on the new 0.49 build. I was then getting killed by a zombie who was hitting me whilst I was in a building and he was outside... :/ I kept moving about, but he kept hitting me, then I ran out the building, then this "invisible" zed followed me around town, smacking the hell out of me, then I died.

Edited by Ben_uk

Think i'll stick to BF3 till they fix this shit.

Or H1Z1 is launched.

You'll be waiting for h1z1 til you die if you do that lolol..if you're truly frustrated with this game don't joke around and tell us you're gonna go to a crap game that's not even out yet ..Stick to bf3 at least you'll get your instant gratification there .

In my personal experience the problem is getting better. So far I've only had one zombie clip through a hangar door. I managed to lock two zombies inside a police station, when I came back half an hour later they were still inside. Haven't been hit through walls so far, but still get hit when a zombie makes an attack even though I moved behind him. Haven't seen any invisible zombies. 

the invisible in buildings bit drives me nuts. esp in a police station. they get you no matter where you are in the building.

Ahh.

Now here I can help..

Look DOWN.

I was in a  police station with all the doors closed and got hit more than enough times to drive me nuts..

So I backed up. and only going backward up the stairs did I see a Zombie head. Sticking out of the floor......

Yes.

The lil mofo was biting my ankles.

If I wasn't loosing blood like the taxman had come to town. It would have been funny.

Having said that. I did get killed by one when I was on the roof of an air control tower. While it was 2 floors below.

It/She Beat the crap outa me. And I couldn't see her.

Iv'e since learnt that if it happens. leave the building your in.

True it wont help if your on your last ltr of blood. and 3 steps from death.

But.

Forewarned... :-D

if you're truly frustrated with this game don't joke around and tell us you're gonna go to a crap game that's not

even out yet

Aww well people joke when they say they PLAY DayZ and explain their lazy KOS with excuses.

Sorry I jumped on the bandwagon..

In my personal experience the problem is getting better. So far I've only had one zombie clip through a hangar door. I managed to lock two zombies inside a police station, when I came back half an hour later they were still inside. Haven't been hit through walls so far, but still get hit when a zombie makes an attack even though I moved behind him. Haven't seen any invisible zombies. 

Its NOT getting better,

I Hate to say that. Im sorry. But there it is.

When I first started two of them would by pushing against the door or window force one through.

Then they started just passing through garage doors or double doors.

And the collision was fixed.

It got so I could hit close on a door and trap one in a house and chuckle imagining the poor bugger opening that door.

Now its a random chance they pass through or not.

Ive trapped a hopper in a garage.

But seen a fem civilian zombie pass through a hanger door like it didn't exist.

Ive been chased TODAY by an army zombie through two airfield buildings AFTER I closed the doors trying to trap or stop it.

Sure in reality the best I could hope for was to delay it long enough to get away.

But.

And Yes I know.

Its Alpha and a work in progress...

But this ISNT a new issue..

Its NOT getting better,

And Yes I know.

Its Alpha and a work in progress...

But this ISNT a new issue..

I disagree. The zombies have defiantly gotten better with each patch.

Edited by kichilron
Removed Offtopic-Tangent.

Bugs are easy to spot. The same zombie types will glitch through the same doors. I saw someone say the blonde female zombies are buggy, so I avoid or shoot them before they see me.

Topic Cleaned.

Please keep the offtopic to a minimum. It'll only spark unneeded insults and discussions.

• Like 1

Harder ?

You have to be kidding...

On a LRS,barely even able to see the Zombie from way up in the woods he suddenly turns and runs right at me

They can see for miles now,this "re-spawning" is bullshit once you shoot them or axe them to death they should be gone forever!

Doesn't make sense having them respawn afterkilling one,that is not very realistic at all

They can run faster than a human now,especially if your suffering from all the Lag in and around cities

I myself can not even think of going anywhere near anywhere that has food or water do to this as it is absolutely impossible for me to enter a village or city without getting killed by being swarmed by Zombies.They hit once,your bleeeding and then can not even run away to badage the wound.

They state of the new Zombies makes the game not only unplayable,but so difficult the game is no longer fun at all!

Of coarse,this is all just IMHO

They are not meant to be easy.

They are afterall UNDEAD. And prolific

Respawning is a no.

But when you consider how many graveyards each town has.

And add how many victims fall into zombie clutches.

The volume of undead isn't gonna be small...

I DO however agree they have become far more difficult to hit. Far more aggressive. And impossible to avoid.

That they see you before you even recognize them as a zombie however needs work.

Yesss I KNOW its alpha and they ARE working on it.

Im not pointing this out to be critical. But to be constructive. 

This IS why we play in the build stage. Yes.?

They have dead eyes. no colour no focus no range.

Medically its equal to having cataracts, That can range from near sightedness to blindness..

So spotting dinner coming down a hill from 700 yards away.....

Y'all do the Math.

The game needs to be harder yeah, but not like this. This is a cheap way to do it. More zombies are the way to go. not less. And this is less, you won't get 1000's of sprinting zombies. But you could do 1000's of walking ones. 

Agreed

And with Angelofdeath

It just seems like the whole dynamic took a big backward step.

I LOVE the new additions.

The cool weapons and outfits.

Being spawned in a random village (Where zombies are) now faster than you up OR downhill.

And can simply run through buildings while we have to run round them.?

Ive zigzagged my way up a hill praying all the way to escape a zombie.

And that's how it should be.

But at least I had a chance...

I don't know if melee is so much better all of a sudden or if I'm just getting lucky, but last night I hit a 2fer three times in rapid succession. One swing of the fire axe, two zeds dead.