BambiInElektro

Ghillie suit, rangefinder ?

I am wondering when these items will be able to use in-game ? I'm pissed off missing my shots (even when using DayZDB) and getting killed in sniper hills :D .

• Like 2

I suspect you'll draw a lot of hate.

But, not sure WHEN or IF these items will be included. Plus, weapons are too inaccurate now in my opinion for a RF to be of any use.

However, I'd be in support of these items if they were suitably rare, hard to craft (in the case of the ghillie suit) or difficult to power/maintain (in the case of the RF).

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

I hope never xD

however, I see the "need" for a ghillie suit.

But make it rare/hard to craft.

Rangefinder? Nahman, only sniper-wannabies use this ;)

• Like 11

If you don't know, how to use your spots and keep moving, a ghillie won't help that much.

I guess a rangefinder would be cool, if there'll just a few ones on all the hives. But it should be really uncommon like it is in most military bases. 

A vietnamese female sniper called the bitch is known by most to be the first to use a ghillie suit in combat. Did you know?

Edited by onkel

A vietnamese female sniper called the bitch is known by most to be the first to use a ghillie suit in combat. Did you know?

Unsure if joking.

Ghillie suits were invented in Scotland, and used from the Second Boer War onwards.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 12

Rangefinder: meh, i guess i could make use of it

Ghillie suit: If its rare and hard to craft like everyone said, yes please. Otherwise no.

predator-gear-finder-large.jpg

I wouldn't mind hunting range finders added to the civilian loot.

Cheap but not extremely accurate like military ones are.

• Like 16

I'd be happy with range finder indicator on scopes. The ones you calculate range by lining up a person's height with the parts on the scope.

• Like 5

Yeah, you need to just go play Arma three or something similar. Zombies aren't going to be fooled by Guillie suit...

Zombies aren't going to be fooled by Guillie suit...

Luckily then that we're playing with other people!

• Like 3

I think (improvised) ghillie suits are an absolute must, but only if they're rare or require lots of work to craft (for example, three compartments. One in cherno, one in that new town north of NWAF, and one all the way NE. To really make players work for it. And of course make them fairly rare, but not too much)

• Like 1

Improvised gillhie, yea, rangefinder, I like the idea of a hunting rangefinder :)

Love the idea of three parts for the gillie. Maybe it could be like a head/shoulders piece, chest piece, leg pieces. All could be word without the other...

• Like 2

Improvised gillhie, yea, rangefinder, I like the idea of a hunting rangefinder :)

Love the idea of three parts for the gillie. Maybe it could be like a head/shoulders piece, chest piece, leg pieces. All could be word without the other...

Yeah and you shouldn't be able to wear other clothing or a vest (possibly a chest holster) with it just your weapon and pack.  Oh and it should only have like two spots for stuff in the shirt and pants if your lucky.

• Like 1

Yea, yea, and maybe, you can collect leaves, and attach them, so you know, different color camo? Yes, No Maybe So???

• Like 1

Yeah and you shouldn't be able to wear other clothing or a vest (possibly a chest holster) with it just your weapon and pack.  Oh and it should only have like two spots for stuff in the shirt and pants if your lucky.

Now this sounds promising. The ghillie should be made pretty darn effective, but with this major fault to it as well for balancing purposes (and even realism, two birds with one stone). No bags for sure, no chest rigs either. The ghillie suit is all that's there, with a standard 6 slots or so.

So silly to say "hopefully never" come on guys...

you can make a ghillie in minutes in a forest, so why not have that as an option? you know realism ...what we strive for in this game...

same with rangefinders...super rare maybe but dont limit any single item because nancy boy is scared of it being too end game.

same with a 50 calibre sniper rifle, or any sniper rifle (308+). Just have to adjust the rarity tables and carry on.

no single item should be omitted for "fairness" or should i say "fairyness" lol

So silly to say "hopefully never" come on guys...

you can make a ghillie in minutes in a forest, so why not have that as an option? you know realism ...what we strive for in this game...

same with rangefinders...super rare maybe but dont limit any single item because nancy boy is scared of it being too end game.

same with a 50 calibre sniper rifle, or any sniper rifle (308+). Just have to adjust the rarity tables and carry on.

no single item should be omitted for "fairness" or should i say "fairyness" lol

Agreed. I don't even know what all the fuss is about. There is undoubtedly going to be some sort of accurate 7.62 sniper in the game at some point and that does the job equally well at least. A .50 cal would be complete overkill in DayZ. Let the fools have their overly huge gun that compromises their position, is awfully cumbersome (a gun like that should have twice the sway in-game) and kills in one shot. I'll keep my 7.62 light sniper rifle that's dead-on accurate and knocks out in one shot, if not kill. 

It might be problematic for vehicles, though.

I hope never xD

however, I see the "need" for a ghillie suit.

But make it rare/hard to craft.

Rangefinder? Nahman, only sniper-wannabies use this ;)

Im using the rangefinder in arma3, Im a bad sniper :( But at least Im trying! :D

I am wondering when these items will be able to use in-game ? I'm pissed off missing my shots (even when using DayZDB) and getting killed in sniper hills :D .

I think they are trying to stray away from ghillie suits as it would destroy all the work they have put into with clothing customization. If guille suits came out everyone and there brother would be wearing one making clothing options pointless...

I do miss them though....

Luckily then that we're playing with other people!

True, but the zombies will give away the position. Ball's in your court...

I think they are trying to stray away from ghillie suits as it would destroy all the work they have put into with clothing customization. If guille suits came out everyone and there brother would be wearing one making clothing options pointless...

I do miss them though....

not if we have to make them

that would be awesome

leaves, man, leaves.

• Like 1

Sure, as long as your body suffers the physical side effects of ghillie suits; such as extreme overheating, slower movement and ability to perform actions due to extra weight and encumbrance of wearing them, etc.

I don't know why people want to turn DayZ into a military sim, that isn't what it is.