SomeCallMeNomad (DayZ)

What clothing set/weapons would you add if you could?

Some kinda' standalone single-shot grenade launcher

- Takes the primary weapon slot, not some kind of secondary

- 40mm rounds take up one slot in inventory

- 40mm (HE) rounds rare to come across in the first place

M79 would be awesome

@Gibonez I love that weapon, but there's one problem. It's huge, perhaps even as long as our in-game char is tall. They'd have to make special anims, just for this gun. I hope they'll be up for it, because this indeed is the perfect AT rifle for DayZ on pretty much all counts. I doubt BI is willing to go through so much effort for one rifle, though.

The PTRS-41 would be awesome to take out all the tanks the players will be rolling with

• Like 1

@Gibonez I love that weapon, but there's one problem. It's huge, perhaps even as long as our in-game char is tall. They'd have to make special anims, just for this gun. I hope they'll be up for it, because this indeed is the perfect AT rifle for DayZ on pretty much all counts. I doubt BI is willing to go through so much effort for one rifle, though.

The they could just make it stick out when hauling it around and then make it impossible to fire unless you are prone or if they ever add it when rested on a wall or an object.

The PTRS-41 would be awesome to take out all the tanks the players will be rolling with

Doubt there would be tanks but it would disable just about any vehicle with a single shot to the engine.

The they could just make it stick out when hauling it around and then make it impossible to fire unless you are prone or if they ever add it when rested on a wall or an object.

You mean restricting the player from equipping unless prone? That might work, but even the equip anim would need changing with the size of this gun. With any of the other anims, the gun would be clipping through everything. I still think it can only be done with special anims

You mean restricting the player from equipping unless prone? That might work, but even the equip anim would need changing with the size of this gun. With any of the other anims, the gun would be clipping through everything. I still think it can only be done with special anims

Doubt there would be tanks but it would disable just about any vehicle with a single shot to the engine.

Could just make it so standing up with it has an enormous amount of sway. If the player fires it while standing, he may fall down, harm yourself, or just go plain unconscious  :lol:. Would be hilarious to watch, especially if they finally add in an animation where you fall down on your back instead of your belly.

Edited by Hikurac

Clown Shoes

Football Helmet with fake team names

A soccer ball in the middle of the soccer field

Afro Wig

Chef Hat

Yellow Rain slicker pants to go with the yellow raincoat

Golf Clubs

Cast Iron frying pan as melee weapon

Rubber Chicken

SCUBA gear

I like humor in this game, but i'm kind of afraid that this kind of stuff will become too common. I wouldn't mind if stuff like this was in the game, provided that it was extremely rare. If it isn't rare then I'll basically be playing Team Fortress 2 are a very large map..

Could just make it so standing up with it has an enormous amount of sway. If the player fires it while standing, he may fall down, harm yourself, or just go plain unconscious  :lol:. Would be hilarious to watch, especially if they finally add in an animation where you fall down on your back instead of your belly.

It is 46 pounds unloaded with an extremely strange weight distribution I doubt anyone will ever be able to fire it standing without it knocking the person over.

I like humor in this game, but i'm kind of afraid that this kind of stuff will become too common. I wouldn't mind if stuff like this was in the game, provided that it was extremely rare. If it isn't rare then I'll basically be playing Team Fortress 2 are a very large map..

Footballs (or soccer balls, as my fellow Americans like to call them) and frying pans would be perfectly normal finds. Football is the most popular sport in Europe and cast iron pans are used all over the place. The soccer ball would probably be useless for anything other than aesthetics, but I guess not everything you find is supposed to be valuable so...

Scuba gear and golf clubs aren't that bad either, but I doubt Chernarus has many country clubs and I don't think diving is a planned mechanic (Although swimming should be improved). Besides, I doubt I'd want to breathe oxygen from a tank that's been sitting around for a considerable amount of time, if I'd even planned for diving in the first place.

Woodland MARPAT 

M16A2 or and M16A4

PPSh-41 

TT 33 

Makarov PM 

Edited by Nikom7

Sheesh, these Ukrainian separatists and/or soldiers sure know where to shop for kit...

DPM, Multicam, MARPAT, oh the humanity! Military surplus stores must be rolling in the rubles (Yes, I'm aware Ukraine doesn't use the ruble)!

9KLS5px.jpg

532324ea67d5d.jpeg

1042581.jpg

TSrifle.png

article-2604496-1D20155200000578-650964x

1042511.jpg

fWe9lqy.jpg

crimeaar_zpsd65d1d51.jpg

UbePH2F.jpg

MT6uB6S.jpg

vEpKR5l.jpg

icelc2n.jpg

vpgbQtw.jpg

2bFhEK6.jpg

A few more pre-conflict images, spoiled...

ei2x.jpg

w4zj.jpg

J93NE4C.jpg

7iux.jpg

8fdp.jpg

Edited by Katana67

Sheesh, these Ukrainian separatists and/or soldiers sure know where to shop for kit...

DPM, Multicam, MARPAT, oh the humanity! Military surplus stores must be rolling in the rubles (Yes, I'm aware Ukraine doesn't use the ruble)!

MT6uB6S.jpg

A few more pre-conflict images, spoiled...

Is that a .22lr MP5 clone ?

• Like 1

Footballs (or soccer balls, as my fellow Americans like to call them) and frying pans would be perfectly normal finds. Football is the most popular sport in Europe and cast iron pans are used all over the place. The soccer ball would probably be useless for anything other than aesthetics, but I guess not everything you find is supposed to be valuable so...

Scuba gear and golf clubs aren't that bad either, but I doubt Chernarus has many country clubs and I don't think diving is a planned mechanic (Although swimming should be improved). Besides, I doubt I'd want to breathe oxygen from a tank that's been sitting around for a considerable amount of time, if I'd even planned for diving in the first place.

A frying pan would be a great dual purpose tool.  They are super heavy so it would make a decent blunt instrument for a melee weapon. 

A golf club would be a melee weapon.  Almost every time I go to a garage sale I see golf clubs for sale. 

I didn't mean working SCUBA gear.  Just stuff to wear.

I'm getting tired of only wearing military camo stuff and have moved to civilian clothing even though the civilian stuff can't carry as much loot normally.

A frying pan would be a great dual purpose tool.  They are super heavy so it would make a decent blunt instrument for a melee weapon. 

A golf club would be a melee weapon.  Almost every time I go to a garage sale I see golf clubs for sale. 

I didn't mean working SCUBA gear.  Just stuff to wear.

I'm getting tired of only wearing military camo stuff and have moved to civilian clothing even though the civilian stuff can't carry as much loot normally.

Golf clubs are everywhere here in the US (Assuming your location is telling the truth). However, you don't see a lot of golf elsewhere, save for expensive resorts and hotels located in places like the UAE. Golf does exist all over the world, but it's not very prevalent in most locations. You're not going to realistically find a ton of golf clubs in somewhere like Chernarus over somewhere like Los Angeles. It's not the worst sport-based melee weapon they could add, but it's definitely stretching it. There are plenty of other melee weapons they could add.

It's an important consideration to think about whether the location the game is set in would have a chance of having a specific item before it's added to the game (concerning authenticity/realism). If not, then there's usually a good reason, gameplay wise, that something is in a game that is trying to replicate reality to some degree.

I can't imagine running around in scuba gear and a wet suit for too long in the apocalypse, unless I planned on swimming somewhere a lot (which is a good reason to have it). It would look pretty silly seeing guys with flippers and snorkels running around, but at least the basic wet suit idea is a pretty good one, since it actually offers utility.

Moarrrr....

Ukrainian Separatist

4RKtyR1.jpg

Russian SF

1l2XjQy.jpg

Peshmerga in Iraq (and either my eyes are deceiving me or this fellow has misplaced his pistol grip)

6Vna5Of.jpg

Shi'ite Militia in Iraq

MGmQLd7.jpg

Algerian SOF

Afghan SF

sWhOT3k.png

Iraqi SF

ltxPvyn.jpg

Romania

8UxjFbW.jpg

Serbia

1506816_576410225779926_196010974_n.jpg

I don't even know anymore...

hy43.jpg

Edited by Katana67

- Leg holsters!

- IR goggles

- IR flash lights

- IR laser sights

- Camo vests with armor.

Edited by ryanincalgary

jiluilo9p.jpg
4102086_actionrambo.jpg

Topless or basic rambo survivor cloth. First remove that fuckıng white vest man leave people free to take off that shit also panties.

TO DEVELOPERS

YOU SAYING EVERYTHİNG YOU CAN DO IN THIS GAME BUT I CANT DO SIMPLE THING I JUST WANT TO TAKE OFF MY VEST AND ROAM NAKED.

I CAN UNDERSTAND IF YOU SAY YOU CANT TAKE OFF PANTIES BUT AT LEAST LET ME TAKE OFF MY TOP.

WHAT ABOUT FEMALE CHARACTER IN GAME? WELL THEY ALSO SHOULD ABLE TO TAKE OFF VEST LET THEM TAKE OFF AND STAY ONLY WITH BRA.

Edited by BayZ
  • Like 1

diving gear?

aqua lung/googles, flippers

(needs swimming underwater)

An old soviet surplus steel helmet, soviet gas mask, as well as Helmet covers in TTSKO, US Woodland and UK Camo, plus corresponding clothes and pants. SLR L1A1 and M-16, RPK-74. I think that's really all the military stuff I think we need.

Then a set of police stuff, baton, helmet with face shield, hip holster, waist belt with a few slots for handcuffs, ammo etc.

Makarov pistol (just make it in 9mm parabellum call it a locally chernarus produced version, modern Russian pistol. MP-443 or similar, plus a pump action shotgun and Saiga.

Some mad max style stuff would be nice like tire shoulder pads or frying pans strapped to your chest with rope would be fun :P

Any kind of world war 2 trenchcoat. Would look cool. But i seem to remember the devs, possibily rocket himself, saying that its not possible.

hoods on jackets wearable and trench coats and more poncho style army rain coats

Some SBR love...

vz. 58 Compact

800px-CSA_vz_58_Compact_223.jpg

800px-Strike_Back_S04E01_059.jpg

Arsenal AR-SF

800px-BulgarianAR-SF.jpg

Mk 18

1648f047e573d514ede8a066a20221bd.jpg

G36C

Hkg36c.jpg

BONUS - Russian SF using AR-15

wX6Xpsu.jpg

Edited by Katana67

Ive said it a thousand times, Ill say it a thousand more..

WE NEED TO HAVE A CHANGE OF CLOTHES.

Stack a shirt/jacket and pants together to craft a "Change of Clothes" that take up a 2x2 slot (4 squares) so we can feasibly change our clothing between night/day and for weather. 

Thank you.

• Like 1