willhelm

Blood bags in hospitals

Wait wait wait, don't hit me, don't.... Hear me out...

What i think would be a good idea, is maybe a blood bank inside a hospital or a separate building which contains unknown blood bags, like just one or two at the most blood bags on the floor or behind the desk. The blood bags actual blood type would be unknown, which I guess would balance the game. (You can use a blood test kit to see the blood type)

• Like 1

Wait wait wait, don't hit me, don't.... Hear me out...

What i think would be a good idea, is maybe a blood bank inside a hospital or a separate building which contains unknown blood bags, like just one or two at the most blood bags on the floor or behind the desk. The blood bags actual blood type would be unknown, which I guess would balance the game. (You can use a blood test kit to see the blood type)

Wouldn't they have badges on them telling you what it'd be? Like AB +?

And if they're ripped off and just on the ground in random locations, then they wouldn't be useable anymore anyway - do they not have to be cooled constantly?

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 3

Wouldn't they have badges on them telling you what it'd be? Like AB +?

And if they're ripped off and just on the ground in random locations, then they wouldn't be useable anymore anyway - do they not have to be cooled constantly?

Yeah the have to be cooled constantly, which is why i suggested a blood bank.

Hmm, I never knew they'd have labels... Let's pretend they don't :)... It's a poor country anyway

I think blood bags seem pretty legit.  Once we have refrigerators, they could open a room in the hospital that's like a freezer room with blood bags.

• Like 1

Where even ARE the bloodbags kept at the moment?
And why are saline bags and IV start kits at the fucking airfield?

• Like 1

Yeah the have to be cooled constantly, which is why i suggested a blood bank.

Hmm, I never knew they'd have labels... Let's pretend they don't :)... It's a poor country anyway

You have to label them otherwise they won't be stored. And unlabeled goods will either be tested or thrown away to reduce risk. At least that's how it works IRL. The transfusion expires 24h after beeing opened an almost 1 1/2 months if kept cool. So normally you wouldn't be able to use those bloodbags and of course not beeing able to carry them around for hours unless you want to risk your life.

You have to label them otherwise they won't be stored. And unlabeled goods will either be tested or thrown away to reduce risk. At least that's how it works IRL. The transfusion expires 24h after beeing opened an almost 1 1/2 months if kept cool. So normally you wouldn't be able to use those bloodbags and of course not beeing able to carry them around for hours unless you want to risk your life.

When they implement the cooking system, the temperature of certain items will be labeled as blue for cold and red for hot.  They could implement this same system for blood bags.  They could be stored in refrigerators and put in your bag.  After a certain period of time they start to cool and when they get to room temp there's only a few hours until the product is labeled spoiled.  This would introduce blood bags being found in hospitals in a way that makes sense.  Found in a freezer room in a hospital, able to use, but needs to stay cool, etc etc.

• Like 1

When they implement the cooking system, the temperature of certain items will be labeled as blue for cold and red for hot.  They could implement this same system for blood bags.  They could be stored in refrigerators and put in your bag.  After a certain period of time they start to cool and when they get to room temp there's only a few hours until the product is labeled spoiled.  This would introduce blood bags being found in hospitals in a way that makes sense.  Found in a freezer room in a hospital, able to use, but needs to stay cool, etc etc.

Refrigerators in player bases with bloodbags cooled by a petrol generator.

• Like 2

Makes sense as long as you find the means to power those things...a lot of things should spoil if not cooled. If i cooked something in summer and left it outside of the fridge overnight it's sure to be spoiled the next evening if not already by early noon. Of course it's something else in winter even with heating on.

• Like 1

Refrigerators in player bases with bloodbags cooled by a petrol generator.

If I remember correctly, in one of the DevBlogs it was mentioned that this is 100% confirmed, just needs doing. Atleast back with the medics we were relying on having that at some point, to store blood.

They could implement thermal boxes like there are protector cases right now. If you find one from say blood-bank or refrigerator, you could use the box to keep it cool for period of time.

• Like 1

Btw irl a blood bag have always written on what kind of blood it contains so anonymus blood bag will be irrealistic specially in hospital

I would like the possibility to write with a pen on blood bag i make which blood type they cointan, sometimes may be caotic when you are in a big grp of players and everyone make a personal blood bag before going in action.. *medic rulez* ;)

you can use a blood test kit on a blood bag from what i know. 

But i think the loot in the hospital is pretty bad, the loot in the new medical center is higher than in the hospital and thats not a good sign. 

• Like 1

Should be able to have cooler bag containers in your inventory that keeps items cooler for longer. Or have a cooler pack that keeps items cold that are placed adjacent to it in your backpack.

But i think the loot in the hospital is pretty bad, the loot in the new medical center is higher than in the hospital and thats not a good sign. 

Maybe cause "Hospitals" miss an operation room (i hope it's the correct word)  <_<

1388771026_-_0026_24-600x335.jpg

Edited by JKS-Alex

Should be able to have cooler bag containers in your inventory that keeps items cooler for longer. Or have a cooler pack that keeps items cold that are placed adjacent to it in your backpack.

I mean, I guess they could do that, but it seems like this place is pretty cold already, it should take some time for the blood bag to warm to the point that it starts to spoil and when it gets to that temp, it would still take hours until it's bad, so I don't really think it's needed.  Interesting idea though

• Like 1

I mean, I guess they could do that, but it seems like this place is pretty cold already, it should take some time for the blood bag to warm to the point that it starts to spoil and when it gets to that temp, it would still take hours until it's bad, so I don't really think it's needed.  Interesting idea though

But sometimes you would prefer to hold the blood-bag for longer than just some hours :) If you could get away keeping the blood-bag in good condition for say 48 hours, that would be sufficient time.

But sometimes you would prefer to hold the blood-bag for longer than just some hours :) If you could get away keeping the blood-bag in good condition for say 48 hours, that would be sufficient time.

Definitely not opposed to a cooler in the game, even though it would take up more space.

To each his own ;)

Definitely not opposed to a cooler in the game, even though it would take up more space.

To each his own ;)

Transporting that important supplies shouldn't be easy ;)