nickv33

Dayz and what it should have been.

Hello all, I am sorry if this offends you but dayz has become something wrong. Too many technicalities and process that it just ends up being no fun. What I was hoping it would be was a graphically updated version of the mod. The free-to-dress characters take away from the game. The clothes no longer indicated whether you are a hero or a bandit. Blood bagging is just horrific in SA unlike the mod and most other processes are. Loot spawn is fine for its current stage (alpha) but loot itself is getting goofy. Payday masks, rotten bananas, and cowboy hats in Russia?Focus on the core meaning of the game and then add in the little things suc as a new hat or a shirt. People on the forums want to change the game too much and the devs are listening. Threads are continuously asking for less guns and more cowboy hats and trench coats.

• Like 2

Hello all, I am sorry if this offends you but dayz has become something wrong. Too many technicalities and process that it just ends up being no fun. What I was hoping it would be was a graphically updated version of the mod. The free-to-dress characters take away from the game. The clothes no longer indicated whether you are a hero or a bandit. Blood bagging is just horrific in SA unlike the mod and most other processes are. Loot spawn is fine for its current stage (alpha) but loot itself is getting goofy. Payday masks, rotten bananas, and cowboy hats in Russia?Focus on the core meaning of the game and then add in the little things suc as a new hat or a shirt. People on the forums want to change the game too much and the devs are listening. Threads are continuously asking for less guns and more cowboy hats and trench coats.

Good thing the mod still works :) Back to it you go! :D

• Like 14

It seems like you just want an easier game more focused on pvp instead of survival.

• Like 2

I see the OP's point, the masks are silly... but rotten banannas do have a purpose. What if you're starving to death and have literally nothing to eat? It may be rotten, but you could eat it to stay alive those extra few min and hope for some meds rather than dying.

If you've played the mod as you say, I'm sure you know that this is an alpha, and we don't have the whole picture of what the stand alone game will be.

• Like 1

Op is right in that the game shouldn't become too silly, we can't let the roleplayers take over the direction of the game. I don't see many people asking for less guns though, if anything I see lots of threads dedicated to more guns. Unless you mean gun spawns.

• Like 1

More clothes and less gun would make it more realistic, don't you think? Every house has clothes, not every house has a gun, let alone an m4.

May I recommend for you, COD, Arma etc

• Like 2

First of all, this is Charnarus. Hence Chernarussia.
DayZ is a survival sim, you inadequate scrub. In real life, the enemy won't be wearing a turban to signify he is the enemy.
Why don't you ACTUALLY interact with players? Also, this isn't a milsim! I doubt everyone in Chernarus were cold war indoctrinated psychopaths, I doubt there would be guns galore as if the farmers amd villagers were gearing up to invade Normandy.

Edited by orlok
do NOT insult people
  • Like 5

First off, it is not Russia. Stop saying it is Russia or even reflects the part of Russia because it is not.

Secondly, the game just becomes what it is supposed to be. It is not supposed to be mil-sim, it is survival game in which survival comes first and hence is made as realistic as possible.

Bloodbagging is absolutely fine in SA which it wasn't in any of the Mods.

edit# I think having clothing automatically assigned to you based of if you kill players or not is stupid. No one would wear a sign "I will kill you" in reality.

Edited by SGT. Kalme
  • Like 3

DayZ is a survival sim, you inadequate scrub. In real life, the enemy won't be wearing a turban to signify he is the enemy.

Why don't you ACTUALLY interact with players? Also, this isn't a milsim! I doubt everyone in Chernarus were cold war indoctrinated psychopaths, I doubt there would be guns galore as if the farmers amd villagers were gearing up to invade Normandy.

• Like 2

Ya I have tried to interact with player... You know what happens... There's a loud bang and then my head is all over the wall. With the current humanity system for the mod you can decide whether or not to attack a certain player based on their skin.Oh and sorry I did mean less gun spawns not less guns

First off, it is not Russia. Stop saying it is Russia or even reflects the part of Russia because it is not.

Secondly, the game just becomes what it is supposed to be. It is not supposed to be mil-sim, it is survival game in which survival comes first and hence is made as realistic as possible.

Bloodbagging is absolutely fine in SA which it wasn't in any of the Mods.

edit# I think having clothing automatically assigned to you based of if you kill players or not is stupid. No one would wear a sign "I will kill you" in reality.

What do you mean it's not Russia. It is chernarus a province of Russia! And I get that no one would wear something to show that you're going to kill someone.. But I would rather have that then every player dumbing bleach down my throat when I'm unarmed.

The game is heading in a great direction, to be honest. It sounds like you are better off just playing the mod.

• Like 3

Wow! Did you notice I put sorry if this offends you in the first sentence? That means don't be a Fucking douche in the replies. Second off you don't realize that this survival sim is actually turning in to seven year olds running around k.o.s'ing. Ya I'd prefer to know if someone is going to kill me than having to kill everyone that I see in fear.

The game is heading in a great direction, to be honest. It sounds like you are better off just playing the mod.

Actually you are right, I have been playing the mod and a lot of DayZRP and I can tell you that you will never get the real dayz experience in SA. I hopped on a SA server yesterday and ran into a seven year old yesterday. Here was our exact conversation.

Me: Hey, no worries I'm friendly, I have no weapons

Him: I'm friendly too

Him: "pulls the trigger"

Me: "dies"

Him"takes my one soda can"

Sounds like its heading into the correct direction right? Wrong, if they don't change something now it will be a bunch of little kids playing cod in cherno.

What do you mean it's not Russia. It is chernarus a province of Russia! And I get that no one would wear something to show that you're going to kill someone.. But I would rather have that then every player dumbing bleach down my throat when I'm unarmed.

Yeah but no. Chernarus means Black Rus which refers to country that historically was placed where today Ukraine is. In game however, it is not a province of Russia. It is post-soviet country in struggle for its independence, war between government and communist rebels. According to BI, who came up with that fictional country,

I get what you mean, though and I would be all hands in if there would be a way to add this feature while not taking away the reality. I am, however, convinced that it couldn't be implemented in such way and I would rather see players making changes to their tactics than see bandits and heroes haveing clear signs which they are that are readable from miles away.

Actually you are right, I have been playing the mod and a lot of DayZRP and I can tell you that you will never get the real dayz experience in SA. I hopped on a SA server yesterday and ran into a seven year old yesterday. Here was our exact conversation.

Sounds like its heading into the correct direction right? Wrong, if they don't change something now it will be a bunch of little kids playing cod in cherno.

If I now try to imagine the real situtaion similar to this, I would never run into stranger with weapon like that expecting them to be friendly. Hell, people kill others for a lot less than a soda can even when there isn't zombie apocalypse, not the mention if there were.

Edited by SGT. Kalme

More clothes and less gun would make it more realistic, don't you think? Every house has clothes, not every house has a gun, let alone an m4.

May I recommend for you, COD, Arma etc

m

Sorry for not being specific but some threads I've seen are asking for so low gun spawns that there would be one group dominating the whole map. Some people are asking for melee only which sounds terrible because it would only end up in those weird glitchy hatchet battles that you and another fresh spawn have over a can of sardines.

That's your fault for not approaching him carefully. You should have avoided him and observed him. You wouldn't just walk up to an armed person in real life, would you?

I'm Australian and I play on the experimental hardcore servers and honestly 80% of my encounters are friendly. Especially with the placeholder zombie respawning, I've had to team up with random strangers who were being attacked by Zeds which usually ended in swapping ammo and food.

• Like 1

The list of complaints in the OP are things that most people view as improvements over the mod...

This is what DayZ "should have been", this is the way that Dean always intended it to be. The mod was turned into something much more casual and forgiving through modding and private hive servers with custom scripts.

• Like 6

Yeah but no. Chernarus means Black Rus which refers to country that historically was placed where today Ukraine is. In game however, it is not a province of Russia. It is post-soviet country in struggle for its independence, war between government and communist rebels. According to BI, who came up with that fictional country,

I get what you mean, though and I would be all hands in if there would be a way to add this feature while not taking away the reality. I am, however, convinced that it couldn't be implemented in such way and I would rather see players making changes to their tactics than see bandits and heroes haveing clear signs which they are that are readable from miles away.

If I now try to imagine the real situtaion similar to this, I would never run into stranger with weapon like that expecting them to be friendly. Hell, people kill others for a lot less than a soda can even when there isn't zombie apocalypse, not the mention if there were.[/quote

Yes I agree that seeing players change their tactics would be nice, but that won't happen unless the devs implement something that will force the players to do so. The devs have been working hard and I appreciate that but the game is going wrong and it might be the players fault.

Yes I agree that seeing players change their tactics would be nice, but that won't happen unless the devs implement something that will force the players to do so. The devs have been working hard and I appreciate that but the game is going wrong and it might be the players fault.

The concern is understandable but I doubt Dean wants to make game force players for anything. That is the magic of true open-world - players make their own choices and act accordingly.

Let's say that you run into a player who claims to be friendly and then kills you. Happens once, blame the player. Happens twice, blame yourself. What I meant was not that the other players changed their tactics but you. You can't force another player to let you live but you can avoid the situation where he can make this choice.

• Like 3

That's your fault for not approaching him carefully. You should have avoided him and observed him. You wouldn't just walk up to an armed person in real life, would you?

I'm Australian and I play on the experimental hardcore servers and honestly 80% of my encounters are friendly. Especially with the placeholder zombie respawning, I've had to team up with random strangers who were being attacked by Zeds which usually ended in swapping ammo and food.

Well I've been playing the SA since early release was available on steam and I've had a nice encounter less than ten times. On the mod I've had about 2000 good encounters since it was released. You're right I should've been more careful, but the fact that there was a seven year old killing fresh spawns on sight is just awful.

This is what makes Dayz unique. You have no idea who is friendly and who isn't. If you see an armed player you should never just hope for the best and strike up a conversation with them. It sounds melodramatic but before doing anything in this game you should stop and ask yourself if you would do it in real life. That is what Dayz is and should be. The only thing that has missed its mark or become "what should have been" is your perception of the game going in.

And not that I'm offended, but In general saying "Sorry if this offends" or "don't take this the wrong way..." isn't a get out of jail free card for saying whatever the hell you want to afterwards. Regardless of those introductions your audience will still have their own thoughts or opinions afterwards.

This is what makes Dayz unique. You have no idea who is friendly and who isn't. If you see an armed player you should never just hope for the best and strike up a conversation with them. It sounds melodramatic but before doing anything in this game you should stop and ask yourself if you would do it in real life. That is what Dayz is and should be. The only thing that has missed its mark or become "what should have been" is your perception of the game going in.

And not that I'm offended, but In general saying "Sorry if this offends" or "don't take this the wrong way..." isn't a get out of jail free card for saying whatever the hell you want to afterwards. Regardless of those introductions your audience will still have their own thoughts or opinions afterwards.

I know that the free to dress thing is for the realism of the game but it causes a lot of problems currently.

And second off, I know that saying "sorry if this offends you" doesn't mean that people will be forced to agree with me. But I get annoyed when I say that and act nice towards others and then in the replies I get called "an inadequate scrub". I was hoping for replies, criticism, and clarifications, just not people being asswipes in the comments.

it is not Russia

The whole world will be Russian soon

Madimir Putin being mad wants Crimean babes.

I know that the free to dress thing is for the realism of the game but it causes a lot of problems currently.

And second off, I know that saying "sorry if this offends you" doesn't mean that people will be forced to agree with me. But I get annoyed when I say that and act nice towards others and then in the replies I get called "an inadequate scrub". I was hoping for replies, criticism, and clarifications, just not people being asswipes in the comments.

Only problem it causes is that naive people die in first encounter. And that is not a problem.

:)