Sign in to follow this  
Demonica

As a fresh spawn, how do you deal with Zombies since the latest Patch?

So, I died. Totally deserved it, went afk and somebody just beat the living dead out of me. Shitteth happeneth.

Now, I respawned and realized... things have changed. Wait what? Duh.., adjusted and re-adjusted Zombies, no weapons what so ever... you get the point.

My question is: Do you have a different game plan now? Do you  "just go for it and run around as a single player or do you play the more stealthy approach?

How do you play it in a group when of your members dies and respawns really far away? Did you change your approach in how to deal with Zeds?

Do you rely more or less on melee weapons / guns?

As for me, I tried to be WAY more quiet, and I can't just run from house to house anymore since now you seem to have to deal with 2-4 Zeds rather than just one.

What's your experiences / stories since the latest patch?

• Like 2

You either have a hatchet/firefighter axe and kill them as they come, or you run. They lose intrest pretty quickly but if you stand your ground know that almost every time a zombie chases you there's another one around the corner about to arrive.

Have you fired a gun lately? Have you noticed that doing that may get you swarmed? How much ammo do you have for all of those guns?

-.-

• Like 3

Have you fired a gun lately? Have you noticed that doing that may get you swarmed? How much ammo do you have for all of those guns?

-.-

Normally I don't kill zombies with guns because I don't want to waste my ammo and let everything between Chernarus and Neptune know that I'm in the area but I had to try it today just to see how many zombies I could draw to myself. I started spraying pretty liberally with the 9mm pistol and switched to the m4 after I drained my clip for the pistol. I used almost two more 60 round clips before I started bleeding (a zombie spawned behind me and thumped me) and they were still coming when I started to run away. I wouldn't suggest wasting ammo on them unless you're in a bad situation or something but it is a lot more fun than axing them.

• Like 3

I recently respawned as well and basically just booked it across houses skimming for anything useful.   If a lone zombie was after me I'd turn around and kill it with whatever melee weapon I had at the time, but groups I'd lead away from where I wanted to loot or just continue on my way.  Eventually got a fire axe (ironically, after I got a sawed off, SKS, backpack, and half an inventory of food) and zombies become fairly easy to deal with.

Honestly I haven't noticed zombies hearing anything, it seems based on line of sight in my experience.  I've run right behind zombies and they never notice but once I walk in front of them they give chase.

Basically fire axe = most important item in the game

Normally I don't kill zombies with guns because I don't want to waste my ammo and let everything between Chernarus and Neptune know that I'm in the area but I had to try it today just to see how many zombies I could draw to myself. I started spraying pretty liberally with the 9mm pistol and switched to the m4 after I drained my clip for the pistol. I used almost two more 60 round clips before I started bleeding (a zombie spawned behind me and thumped me) and they were still coming when I started to run away. I wouldn't suggest wasting ammo on them unless you're in a bad situation or something but it is a lot more fun than axing them.

Its a blast to start walking down the street in Cherno shooting them, doesn't take long till you get swarmed. 

Losthanyou: I agree, Fire Axe is still the best item, always has been - and very versatile! I am geared up again (don't care much for guns and ammo), but I am a little bit more careful around the Walkers now. Also, I realized, that the Alcohol Tincture is able to clean rags now (at least I think so unless my rags have always been pristine, and I doubt that), so I am back to basic survival mode.

Zombies climb stairs, I didn't believe it until they actually came after me in a green two story house.

I feel way less safe now.

I love it :-)

• Like 1

Have you tried playing on populated servers? :P

I do, the reason I haven't died yet is because I'm careful.

1.Run Boy Run! They're trying to catch you.
2.Run Boy Run! Running is a victory.
3.Find firestation.

4.find axe

5.Wheat before a scythe!

6.????

7.profit

If im a fresh spawn and trying to gear up in an area. if its near a good loot location. Ill just punch them real fast and go loot. I try to get an axe asap. But i just loot around and gear up and ill find one eventually. But i had fun boxing with zombies lol. Axe is the best, a pitch fork is 2 hits to body or 1 to the head. I dont use guns on zombies since thats a super easy way to give away your position. Guns on players, axes on zombies. If i have no weapon ill choose to box and take down a zombie then run(if im in a town looting) if im not ill just run and lose them.

Boxing with zombies was a good bit of fun lol

run, and run, thats what you do.

I Mike Tyson their arsses!

No but seriously, I knock them out, circle around to their backs, punch as much as I can, then repeat, works all the time, even with more than one zombie...

Being stealthy doesn't do much unfortunately.   I've tried to be stealthy since the patch to test it out and I'd get zombies running at me from all over no matter what I did.  I don't mind the extra zombies, but if we could actually avoid them by being stealthy I'd like it more.  In the mod being stealthy did pay off when trying to avoid zombies, but you did have clowns running around at full speed looting towns, which would usually get some agro on you when they passed.  Unless they decided to run by and shoot you/hatchet you.

I did the same :)

I managed to have to respawn this weekend for the first time in almost a month, and I have to say it actually feels more like a survival game with the changes.  I spawned near Kamy and oddly enough about 100ft from a Zed and I turned to run and noticed the bastard was GAINING on me...  so I turned, faced, one punched and ran like hell lol.

As I ran up the road to book it to a clear area I turned when I heard the groaning and there were 4 of them on my tail, one gaining and 3 stumbling.  the one gaining actually leapt at me and got a hit in.  So needless to say, I was very happy to get an weapon in the first house I went into.  Freshies now actually have to be smart when they are walking around with only a flashlight in their hands.  Better make the next patch let you bonk Zeds with your flashlight!

Sprint around the zombies until I find some bladed weapon e.g. farming hoe or an axe. Then I can dispatch the zombies efficiently. As far as guns and ammo, my current loadout is an FNX45 with about 60 rounds +2 clips, and an SKS with about 60 rounds. I avoid using the guns at all costs and kill zombies with a fireaxe.

Stealth doesn't work at the moment so really I run full bore to an industrial site and look for an axe/pitchfork, deal with any uppity zeds and then slow things down a little.

I will answer your question good sir, below...

Do you have a different game plan now? - Slightly, not a lot has changed though. Get away from the coast immediately, find first small town with no doors open and observe for a bit. Then proceed to run through town and get as many zom's chasing me as possible. Lead them to forest or field area and lose them. Circle back round to town and loot freely.

Do you  "just go for it and run around as a single player or do you play the more stealthy approach? - I think a balanced approach is required, sometimes running sometimes stealthy but always cautious. Every second you spend out in the open is a potential to be killed. I am not a gambler and would rather kit up the old fashion way as I hate dying over and over again. But that doesn't mean I haven't accomplished knocking out a fully kitted guy and stealing his stuff. Those times are more wrong wrong time situations though.

How do you play it in a group when of your members dies and respawns really far away? - We remove his stuff from his body, carry what we can, drop what we can't and depending on other factors, either wait or go meet him if we can.

Did you change your approach in how to deal with Zeds? - Slightly, I have to engage them a bit more but only do so when absolutely necessary.

Do you rely more or less on melee weapons / guns? - For Zeds? Melee only. We ruined 3 guys nights last night just because they were using weapons to kill zoms. If you absolutely have to do it, then leave the area immediately or at least hide for a bit

What's your experiences / stories since the latest patch? - Really enjoying the new patch but will love it more when their are heaps of zom's and not just a few that respawn to simulate a lot. It makes it impossible to clear an area but I completely understand why this was done at this stage in the build.