LaughingJack (DayZ)

It has happened...

Is it really that bad?? I haven't played yet, but I will be this evening. I just can't imagine there being so many zombies that you're overwhelmed. I've fought off a half-dozen or more at a time with just an axe.

they are FINALLY a threat. At first when I logged on today I wasn't aware of the changes, so I was just running arround careless like I always do when im fresh spawn. Needless to say that the zombie hit me once and I bled out coz I coudlnt find a bandage. Suddenly there were 5 zombies on me and they kept coming, more of them. Yayyyy !!! 

I just hope they do something about the zombies inside buildings coz that's really HORRIBLE. They are swimming in the floor, walking through all of the walls and doors which is stupid. I think zombies should'nt even be allowed to go into buildings, if the doors are closed. 

• Like 1

Yup... And I hope they only get harder.

I was in Zeleno just now with only 1 other person on the server, when zombies suddenly started pouring down the streets at me.. I tried staying silent, at first, using the Frog gun to silently dispatch them, but ran out of ammo.. I heard M4 shots, and I was bleeding from zombie hit, so I had to go bandage myself and get back into action.. Eventually I gave up on trying to dispatch all the zeds and tried finding this other player.. he kept firing off m4 shots, but it wasn't at me.. was probably 100-200 meters away, across town. Apparently he was having similar issues.. I never ran into him or figured out exactly where he was, but I think the sound of my 1911 made him leave town.

nice! I still remember the first time I ever fired the dinner bell in the mod!I just remember it was a long white barn somewhere, I died, but loved every minute of it as it was the first gun I ever found.

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 4

Is it really that bad?? I haven't played yet, but I will be this evening. I just can't imagine there being so many zombies that you're overwhelmed. I've fought off a half-dozen or more at a time with just an axe.

The zombies are fine, its the lag that makes everything else virtually unplayable. 

• Like 4

yup, they're really hard.

On another note, it seems assault vests and stuff finally block bullets

zed spawning is goddamn crazy right now. they are popping up in millions (maybe not quite...) and i've had zeds spawn like few meters away from me. it's insane. i also mentioned on the other thread about zeds spawning on roofs of buildings and running down from there.

nice! I still remember the first time I ever fired the dinner bell in the mod!I just remember it was a long white barn somewhere, I died, but loved every minute of it as it was the first gun I ever found.

Funny story.. Trying to loot the tents in Stary Sobor in the mod, and zombies kept coming, and coming, and coming.. my friend fired off a DMR to deal with one, and we got swarmed, and backed into a red brick house.. I pulled out my MK Mod 0 and plowed through probably 50 zombies, and the house actually came tumbling down with all of the zombies due to the damage from the MK Mod.. I'll never forget that shit. There were SO many zeds. I actually ran through an entire MK Mod 100 round magazine and they still kept coming. Had to bail out of the ruined house and run for my truck.

• Like 6

Quote 1: Bwahahahahahaha!

Quote 2: Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Quote 3. Bwahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha!

And to not make this post just a laughing spam...

They just have to get the zombie through door and wall stuff cleared, loot regulated and equipment damage to a realistic level ( f.e. a tac vest won't be destroyed from just beeing hit with bare fists, and you can't rip it either that way because you can drag a guy wearing that away by the loop on he rear ). Seems the difficulty is scaring pople off now and hopefully remind them that they are playing a zombie survival game and not CoD.

When i just started playing the mod just one zombie scared the shit out of me just 10 minutes after i spawned the first time and because i didn't know what to do and where to run i was so frustrated that i almost quit never to play it again... :lol:

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 6

Finally. They should get tougher. I haven't even played yet since this change, but I'm gonna say that anyway. Zombies should be deadly, maybe not when it's just one or two, but they should be constant if you're in the dangerzone and get spotted, and should bite your f#cking head off if they get you cornered.

Stealth is key & so it should be........ Which means the zombie aggro has to be working right as well. Will wait and see if it is..

Finally. They should get tougher. I haven't even played yet since this change, but I'm gonna say that anyway. Zombies should be deadly, maybe not when it's just one or two, but they should be constant if you're in the dangerzone and get spotted, and should bite your f#cking head off if they get you cornered.

Stealth is key & so it should be........ Which means the zombie aggro has to be working right as well. Will wait and see if it is..

yes, but the current spawning rate is absolute bullshit when combined with the fact that server often doesn't detect your hits with axe for example. it's often about pure luck to deliver a hit on zombie before they hit you.

first, make melee work

THEN add more zeds

Edited by komadose
  • Like 5

The first QQ thread about too many and too hard Zombies in Dayz has occured on reddit. And while I wait for one in this forum *sheds a tear of joy* I'll share this gem with you:

Oh the joy that such posts bring to me... -> happy panda is happy :)

Edit: before it starts again: Yes the respawning mechanic is too simple. Yes, they shouldn't spawn in your sight. Yes, the shouldn't spawn already aggroed by you. And I think these things will all be considered, since the implemented spawn mechanic is only a first prototype :)

And yes, i have played on exp, and no, it never happened to me that a Z spaned in my sight or that a  spawned aggroed by me (I'm not sure on this one totally. May heard me, may not. It seems to happen.) Yes, Z wall glitch is bad. I know that. Everybody knows thyou 

You are happy that broken zombies are glitching through the walls and now with the added bonus of spawning like a shitty japanese House of The Dead arcade game?   You are glad the immersion of realism was further destroyed because the devs are too incompetent to fix collision of zombies for trying out a broken ass respawning experiment?   

• Like 1

The first QQ thread about too many and too hard Zombies in Dayz has occured on reddit. And while I wait for one in this forum *sheds a tear of joy* I'll share this gem with you:

Oh the joy that such posts bring to me... -> happy panda is happy :)

Edit: before it starts again: Yes the respawning mechanic is too simple. Yes, they shouldn't spawn in your sight. Yes, the shouldn't spawn already aggroed by you. And I think these things will all be considered, since the implemented spawn mechanic is only a first prototype :)

And yes, i have played on exp, and no, it never happened to me that a Z spaned in my sight or that a  spawned aggroed by me (I'm not sure on this one totally. May heard me, may not. It seems to happen.) Yes, Z wall glitch is bad. I know that. Everybody knows that.

Heh, the first quote is indeed gold. Someone complaining that they can't play team deathmatch anymore because of the zombies disturbing them. In a zombie survival game. 

• Like 6

Make em harder now! Harder! This is survival not a stroll through the park!

• Like 3

What, zombies are an actual threat now?! Can't wait for it to finish updating.

I logged in as well.Finally the zombies are harder.

I had to use up a whole bandage stock :D

But...something was totally wrong with the fireaxe,it couldn't low-fast swing

so i had to press space and raise it furter above in order to work.

That cost me alot and decided to equip my handgun.

I admit a playing a few hours today going through towns down past Elektro were overwhelming but nothing a fire axe cannot handle. Its just a matter of how fast you react to the zombies in the area and not firing off your gun like a retard at every single one you encounter because now the respawn endlessly.

• Like 3

sounds good hope they make it even harder. Zombie should be deadly. One hit= fatal / infected.

Its the apocalypse, not happy slap a waddling easy-mode zombie

• Like 2

With NONE of the melee you cannot do low swings. It says it right on the very top of the patch notes......lol

High swings you can still do though.

yeah it's a known bug with the current build. you need to have it raised so you can swing.

i liked the zeds too up until they started spawning in your immidiate vicinity. that's just lame. also you need to pray for the server gods that your axe swing will be registered as hit.

With NONE of the melee you cannot do low swings. It says it right on the very top of the patch notes......lol

High swings you can still do though.

yeah it's a known bug with the current build. you need to have it raised so you can swing.

i liked the zeds too up until they started spawning in your immidiate vicinity. that's just lame. also you need to pray for the server gods that your axe swing will be registered as hit.

That's the problem,it's finally good to have alot of zombies....then a bug happens and you can't get a hit to register on them :P

It's like waitng a century for the waiter,and when he decides to serve me the soup i order,i see him taking away my spoon.

To be honest,if i didn't have a left over whole bandage,i would be really f****d right now.

You are happy that broken zombies are glitching through the walls and now with the added bonus of spawning like a shitty japanese House of The Dead arcade game?   You are glad the immersion of realism was further destroyed because the devs are too incompetent to fix collision of zombies for trying out a broken ass respawning experiment?   

That you don't read something you quote and actually just repeat what already is stated there (yes, the part that starts with the "Edit:") in an answer to a quote is a new level of ignorance.

Also, one more time, the steps of DayZ development:

• DayZ Early Access Alpha: Feature development, during which the vast majority of major bugs are created/occur.
  • DayZ Early Access Beta: Content development, during which the "meat on the bones" is added to the title, alongside the beginnings of major bug fixing surrounding issues created during the feature development of alpha.
  • DayZ Early Access RC (Final Beta stages): Bug Fix, optimization, and balancing. During which the stone is polished, until the DayZ dev team feels the title is ready to go live.

Which means: Bugs occur now and are created now (yes, this includes the Z wall glitch and the spawn out of thin air) but are not immedeately fixed, because the main focus is the development of teh core mechanics not bugfixing, except for really gamebreaking bugs (Memory leak, CTDs etc.) Deal with it or come back when DayZ hits Beta.

Make em harder now! Harder! This is survival not a stroll through the park!

YES!

I admit a playing a few hours today going through towns down past Elektro were overwhelming but nothing a fire axe cannot handle. Its just a matter of how fast you react to the zombies in the area and not firing off your gun like a retard at every single one you encounter because now the respawn endlessly.

Yeah, also my experience from the exp. servrs. But it has become a little bit harder to survive. And that is goooood.

sounds good hope they make it even harder. Zombie should be deadly. One hit= fatal / infected.

Its the apocalypse, not happy slap a waddling easy-mode zombie

YES!

Yep, but the bug is, that you don't auto-raise it when you have it lowered and click, the state that you have to put it in "attack" mode before swinging will stay.

So it's on the same level with guns (lowered stance - attack stance) for melee now. But is has been stated that this is  known already and that it will be dealt with.

Edited by LaughingJack

Disappointing how this game only regresses further and further into the original mod because devs have given up on trying to make anything special.

Edited by Highlander007
  • Like 1