Dreypa

Community Warning - Dont Pick up a King James Bible : Volume 18 Book of Job

Well let me start out by explaining the situation.

I have a superstition about bibles ingame due to a few past experiences about them being good luck.

I found a blue King James Bible : Book 18 Book of Job. Picked it up and stuck it in my backpack , thought nothing of it.

Played around for about 45minutes. Logged out. Everythings gravy.

Logged in the next day. Backpack is completely missing. Wut?

Chalked it up to either "Its alpha" or somehow I was an idiot and dropped it as I was logging out (Yeah right).

So went around and grabbed a new backpack and replaced the missing contents. Rolled around through svelto killed some bandits torturing a bambi. Alls good. Looting one of the bandits bodies I see another Blue King James Bible. So I thought what the hey , and grabbed it again. Stuck in my newish backpack and proceeded on my way. Played for another 20 mins , got bored and logged out.

WuuuuuuuT!? My backpacks gone again....

Rattled my brain for about 30minutes figuring out how the hell this was possible.

Came to the conclusion It had to be that blue bible... So I proceeded on a quest to find another. Find one in the study of the piano house in berenzino.

Tried it again. Logged out. Waited 20minutes. Logged back in. What do you know? No fucking backpack.

So bewarned. Those blue bibles are cursed. :/

• Like 10

18:001:011 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and
he will curse thee to thy face. By despawning his backpack and all thy contents.

• Like 18

I never pickup or pay attention to bibles. And can't wait to make my mates laugh if they decide to add shitting inside of churches.

Yeah, but if you collect them all, you can feed everyone on the server with one can of tuna and a box of Crunchin Crisps.

• Like 8

Oh god. I know that feels man. Everytime I run around with a bible on me, bad things ALWAYS happen.

I never pickup or pay attention to bibles. And can't wait to make my mates laugh if they decide to add shitting inside of churches.

Your avatar made me jizz.

On topic: I feel like this is intended. Seems too outlandish to be a bug. Why though? WHY?!

• Like 1

Yeah, but if you collect them all, you can feed everyone on the server with one can of tuna and a box of Crunchin Crisps.

18:001:011 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and

he will curse thee to thy face. By despawning his backpack and all thy contents.

Truer words never spoken.

Your avatar made me jizz.

On topic: I feel like this is intended. Seems too outlandish to be a bug. Why though? WHY?!

If your familiar with the book of job and the meaning behind it. Yes I can agree with you, but what a twisted little way for the devs to have a laugh x)

Anyone else willing to test this? I may if I remember. Next time I spawn I will try to remember, test, and confirm.

"czech me out m8z, im an atheist and im so 3dgy. fuck da systum"

On topic, I carried around a Bible with me for a bit, for good luck. Nothing bad ever happened. I actually lived pretty long.

• Like 10

I always grab a new testament and keep one on me  Current character has been alive for over a month of constant playing (minus the last few days that I have been gone and likely the next few months since this internet over here can barely load a page of this forum...)  A lot of bad things have happened to my char, but he has made it out alive every time.

If your familiar with the book of job and the meaning behind it. Yes I can agree with you, but what a twisted little way for the devs to have a laugh x)

This is actually a very valid point.  For those of you not in the know, it is a very good story.  Lucifer claimed that he could make any believer of God curse His name.  Essentially, God said here is my faithful servant Job, he shall persevere.  Satan cursed Job with the loss of his property, the loss of his family, and the loss of his health.  After all this, Job's wife told him that he, better than any other, has the right to curse God.  Job said "Get away from me" and proceeded to Praise God.  You may say "what a horrible story!"  It is quite miserable sounding, but because of his faithfulness Job was rewarded with even more property, even more children, and happiness.

Essentially, he lost it all and gained even more due to his faith.  I didn't know that the book of Job could be found separate in the game and not in some compilation like the Old Testament.  It could very well be that it was a nasty trick the Devs planted.  Should test this "feature" on clothing, too.

Edited by Haven923
  • Like 5

Oh noes please don't shit inside the Eastern Orthodox churches that will surely anger all the western Christians .... oh wait nope they hate each other.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 3

I once picked up a Bible thinking it may give some karma protection, and was shot in the back of my head within 30 minutes...must be bad karma since I'm an atheist...

Well let me start out by explaining the situation.

I have a superstition about bibles ingame due to a few past experiences about them being good luck.

I found a blue King James Bible : Book 18 Book of Job. Picked it up and stuck it in my backpack , thought nothing of it.

Played around for about 45minutes. Logged out. Everythings gravy.

Logged in the next day. Backpack is completely missing. Wut?

Chalked it up to either "Its alpha" or somehow I was an idiot and dropped it as I was logging out (Yeah right).

So went around and grabbed a new backpack and replaced the missing contents. Rolled around through svelto killed some bandits torturing a bambi. Alls good. Looting one of the bandits bodies I see another Blue King James Bible. So I thought what the hey , and grabbed it again. Stuck in my newish backpack and proceeded on my way. Played for another 20 mins , got bored and logged out.

WuuuuuuuT!? My backpacks gone again....

Rattled my brain for about 30minutes figuring out how the hell this was possible.

Came to the conclusion It had to be that blue bible... So I proceeded on a quest to find another. Find one in the study of the piano house in berenzino.

Tried it again. Logged out. Waited 20minutes. Logged back in. What do you know? No fucking backpack.

So bewarned. Those blue bibles are cursed. :/

Have you tried the "control" of finding a backpack, not putting a bible in it, and logging out to see if that pack is still there 20 mins later? 

Have you tried the "control" of finding a backpack, not putting a bible in it, and logging out to see if that pack is still there 20 mins later? 

I have about 260 hours of previous control tests lol. But sure Ill try that now.

• Like 1

I have about 260 hours of previous control tests lol. But sure Ill try that now.

Well, yeah I meant now.. LOL. Like maybe its a new bug thats happening to you and not the bible? 

Either way, let us know.. then we call all science to see if the bible makes material items disappear! ;)

Edited by lrish

I completely make an ass of myself by assuming things that are untrue. I also condescend those with superior intellect in order to convince myself I have some semblance of human reasoning.

Fixed your post kid.

Someone should try it in other things too not just backpacks.

Where about is a good place to come across this book?

Where about is a good place to come across this book?

Residential houses. I've found the most in the house that like you go in the front door and there is another door right in front of you and a hallway that goes to the left and ends in the room with the 2 beds on the far wall and the closet thing is to your right between the 2 doors when you enter that room from the hallway.

If this is indeed true, I'm going to strt carrying one in my pants, to insert in my backpack when I enter a skirmish - any unsuspecting looter is going to get a rude surprise next time they play! :). Very strange if it proves to be the key...

• Like 1

Fixed your post kid.

This attitude is my primary problem with atheists. It seems that a majority of them subscribe to the circular reasoning that "I'm smarter than theists because I'm an atheist and atheists are smarter"

Atheists are neither smarter nor dumber than theists, they just believe something different. The smartest person I know is an atheist. The stupidest person I know is also an atheist. Plenty of theists are brilliant and plenty are complete dolts. The same goes for atheists. Having grown up in a religious household I'll be the first to admit that religious people are often guilty of telling anyone who disagrees with them that they're just wrong and not being willing to listen to arguments or analyze facts, but I've never noticed the degree of intellectual condescension that comes from the atheist camp. Theists believe people who disagree just happen to be wrong, atheists tend to believe that people who disagree are stupid. It's baseless, irrational, and irritating.

• Like 3

I once picked up a Bible thinking it may give some karma protection, and was shot in the back of my head within 30 minutes...must be bad karma since I'm an atheist...

You're an atheist but you believe in karma?

• Like 1