pacific_coast

latest patch observations

ok.

firstly, it doesn't rain this much. monsoon season in eastern europe.

dat alpha rain, tho.

- where is the thunder and lightning? did it get removed?

- gotten soaking wet after 60 seconds of standing in the rain, fully clothed.

- helmets and vests never seem to get dry, boots and gloves never get wet

- haven't noticed any sickness/infection yet

- rain hasn't damaged my clothes (yet)

- zombies now cause bleed EVERY hit (hardcore)

- zombies cause bleed, but don't damage my gear

- the UN helmet is kinda cool.

- the CR75 9mm is a cool gun, glad i can add the supressor to it, but can't find a magazine

- the .22 amphibia s is worthless except for a quiet zed headshotter

- the 1911 dissapointed me, it is weaker than the fnx45, but same caliber

- can't find a hunter 22/ only in residential weapon spawns

- cooking items like frying pans and pots have inventory space, but don't work yet

- farming melee weapons are a nice touch, but weak weak weak

- never realised that people wanted to spray paint everything, but ok, fine i'll spray paint it

- have not seen the moon, once. stopping gamma exploit by removing moonlight?

the zed respawn thing is broken, badly. i get the gesture, but this needs a roll back.

was at nwaf runway, running down mags of m4 into zeds spawning into thin air 400 m away, insta-agrro'd to me full charge causing one-hit bleeds with their 5-10 foot forwards leap

eventually it ran out, so this might be a problem when your in a city and 10 zeds see you and start clipping though the walls respawning on top of each other, otherwise i just have to waste ammo on them

post your observations, i'd like to see how this differs from the exp build this was originally from

peace and love

Edited by pacific_coast
  • Like 4

Word of god dictates that the 1911 should be just as powerful as the FNX due to them using the same round.

• Like 2

Word of god dictates that the 1911 should be just as powerful as the FNX due to them using the same round.

preach, brother, preach

if anything it should be more powerful!

• Like 1

also,

the rain cannot make up it's mind.

zh7aZae.gif?1?9932

i'm gonna spend this patch indoors.

• Like 6

I just wanted to stop by and say hello before this thread becomes a shit storm.. 

So, hello! :)

also,

the rain cannot make up it's mind.

zh7aZae.gif?1?9932

i'm gonna spend this patch indoors.

The trees protect you from the rain. ;)

• Like 2

haha, yeah i'm back after my latest 72hr timeout

im on my BEST behaviour now irish

firstly, it doesn't rain this much. monsoon season in eastern europe. dat alpha rain, tho. Everything new to the alpha will occur very often at the beginning to find bugs and glitches caused by it.

- where is the thunder and lightning? did it get removed? Not implemented in stable? Can't tell.

- gotten soaking wet after 60 seconds of standing in the rain, fully clothed. Same on exp. Also clothes that are water proof get soaked.

- helmets and vests never seem to get dry, boots and gloves never get wet Same as above.

- haven't noticed any sickness/infection yet Not implemented yet

- rain hasn't damaged my clothes (yet) Also not implemented by now

- zombies now cause bleed EVERY hit (hardcore) Not on every but on 80% i'd guess

- zombies cause bleed, but don't damage my gear Zombies hit mostly for the chest now, so only your shirt/vest will get ruined (and the items in it)

- the UN helmet is kinda cool. Yes^^

- the CR75 9mm is a cool gun, glad i can add the supressor to it, but can't find a magazine Also experienced that.

- the .22 amphibia s is worthless except for a quiet zed headshotter Oh...no. Precious! Killing someone in a big town without getting swarmed by Zs ;)

- the 1911 dissapointed me, it is weaker than the fnx45, but same caliber See answer below

- can't find a hunter 22/ only in residential weapon spawns Haven't found one by now

- cooking items like frying pans and pots have inventory space, but don't work yet Cooking is not implemented by now

- farming melee weapons are a nice touch, but weak weak weak Wut? Pitchfork and hoe rock. one hit to the head kills.

- have not seen the moon, once. stopping gamma exploit by removing moonlight? Same happened on exp sometimes^^

the zed respawn thing is broken, badly. i get the gesture, but this needs a roll back. Not a rollback just a change/optimisation. As long as you don't shoot you are fine. It will be changed.

was at nwaf runway, running down mags of m4 into zeds spawning into thin air 400 m away, insta-agrro'd to me full charge causing one-hit bleeds with their 5-10 foot forwards leap

eventually it ran out, so this might be a problem when your in a city and 10 zeds see you and start clipping though the walls respawning on top of each other, otherwise i just have to waste ammo on them

Afaik it is...at least I read something about that from Hicks on reddit or twitter "same caliber same damage"...maybe a bug?

• Like 3

haha, yeah i'm back after my latest 72hr timeout

im on my BEST behaviour now irish

Oh, that was not a comment on you.. see what happens in here, is when you upset someone they tend to follow you around and make anti-comments and rage posts about how annoying/elitist/old/stupid/etc. you are. So I predict this thread has a 90% chance of severe shit storms.. coming in from the South. 

Better get a rain coat.. ;)

• Like 2

The CR75 is a sweet pistol. Shame about never finding a magazine for it :(

Zombies should spawn dunamically and not just when you fire a gun. Gunshots should attract nearby zeds, not create them.

• Like 1

i was aware of most the stuff not implemented yet like cooking, but did not know sickness was off

also, zeds hitting me in hardcore literally causes a bleed every hit. i think one hit hit my backpack and didnt cause a bleed.

they hit my chest in hardcore, cause a bleed but no damage to shirt or vest or items therin (i took 10-15 hits for SCIENCE and still got no damage, just fixed a lot of bleeds and used up my bandages)

Afaik it is...at least I read something about that from Hicks on reddit or twitter "same caliber same damage"...maybe a bug?

that was my impression for game balance, but in terms of realism the 1911 uses a different firing mechanism than current .45's

the 1911 is like the AK of .45's

simple and durable, also the older .45 ammo weighed a ton so maybe that's it.

Edited by pacific_coast

Oh, that was not a comment on you.. see what happens in here, is when you upset someone they tend to follow you around and make anti-comments and rage posts about how annoying/elitist/old/stupid/etc. you are. So I predict this thread has a 90% chance of severe shit storms.. coming in from the South. 

they can bring a shitstorm that would strike fear into jim lahey.

tumblr_maqc71PpTb1rfvzkno1_500.gif

Zombies should spawn dunamically and not just when you fire a gun. Gunshots should attract nearby zeds, not create them.

Afaik that's not correct. Zeds spawn at server start, if you shoot one, others get attracted and the dead ones only respawn (already aggroed by you if you shot them and didn't kill them silent).

i was aware of most the stuff not implemented yet like cooking, but did not know sickness was off

also, zeds hitting me in hardcore literally causes a bleed every hit. i think one hit hit my backpack and didnt cause a bleed.

they hit my chest in hardcore, cause a bleed but no damage to shirt or vest or items therin

that was my impression for game balance, but in terms of realism the 1911 uses a different firing mechanism than current .45's

the 1911 is like the AK of .45's

simple and durable, also the older .45 ammo weighed a ton so maybe that's it.

Just wanted to explain it, for people who read it and didn't knew about it :)

"they hit my chest in hardcore, cause a bleed but no damage to shirt or vest or items therin" - that's a bug (and if I remember correctly this didn't happen in exp o.O)

• Like 1

also if anyone has noticed this:

bandage: the single, green military one

is not working properly.

doesn't have a "use" option in the scroll and doesn't stop a bleed if manually applied while bleeding.

is this a transition to "wound care" or does the bandage give a health/Heal over TIme bonus?

can anyone confirm

Afaik that's not correct. Zeds spawn at server start, if you shoot one, others get attracted and the dead ones only respawn (already aggroed by you if you shot them and didn't kill them silent).

Just wanted to explain it, for people who read it and didn't knew about it :)

"they hit my chest in hardcore, cause a bleed but no damage to shirt or vest or items therin" - that's a bug (and if I remember correctly this didn't happen in exp o.O)

yeah i give props/beans for that post gave me new info

that no damage to chest/vest/shirt thing was weird, i thought it had to be bugged

i was in the rain, vest taking no dmg from rain, soaking wet, getting hit by zeds = items and gear pristine still, but bleeding constantly

all in all this was a good patch that takes up back on track.

cold and sickness make the rain system useful and challening, rainguards and using the rain to your advantage will be interesting to see implemented

when you kill one, another spawns to replace it, if you use a gun to kill it the replacement has agro and you've just gotten the attention of a few more. it will go on like this until you are out of ammo, dead, or make a fast retreat. use a melee weapon instead and make sure to stay out of LOS while you are at it. the replacement spawn will not have agro if the original was killed silently and sometimes will not even be in view of the player. the amphibia .22 still attracts zeds like any other gun but does not attract players - keep that in mind.

• Like 1

I just wanted to stop by and say hello before this thread becomes a shit storm.. 

So, hello! :)

i talking in the middle of the runway and the middle of a clearing!

it's crazy rain, bro!

even gene kelly didn't get this wet

EDIT = OMFG GIVE ME UMBRELLAS NOWWWWWWWW

Edited by pacific_coast
  • Like 1

is not working properly.

doesn't have a "use" option in the scroll and doesn't stop a bleed if manually applied while bleeding.

is this a transition to "wound care" or does the bandage give a health/Heal over TIme bonus?

can anyone confirm

I can confirm, Doesn't work for me either

U suck!

Semper Fi... xD

when you kill one, another spawns to replace it, if you use a gun to kill it the replacement has agro and you've just gotten the attention of a few more. it will go on like this until you are out of ammo, dead, or make a fast retreat. use a melee weapon instead and make sure to stay out of LOS while you are at it. the replacement spawn will not have agro if the original was killed silently and sometimes will not even be in view of the player. the amphibia .22 still attracts zeds like any other gun but does not attract players - keep that in mind.

I don't believe the respawned (previously shot zombie) has automatic aggro. I played around at the NWAF with zombies for some time and never got aggroed after they respawned. It was only when I showed myself that they aggroed. If you shoot all the zeds, go hide... no aggro.

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 1

is not working properly.

can anyone confirm

I noticed this too yesterday. Thought it was just due to the server lag.

EDIT = OMFG GIVE ME UMBRELLAS NOWWWWWWWW

that's actually not a bad idea

I can confirm, Doesn't work for me either

hmm.

well, it's back to rags for me!

it would be cool if this is the first steps to bandages being used to "heal" wounds/bleeds and not just stop the bleeding

the bandage stays on and is changed, better quality ones heal faster ect ect

but right now... for the rest of you:

DON'T BOTHER WITH GREEN BANDAGES THEY ARE BROKEN RIGHT NOW, PEOPLE!

The trees are protecting you from the rain

The trees are no longer protecting you from the rain

• Like 2

that's actually not a bad idea

yeah, the little novelty hat ones to protect your head too lol

but seriously, umbrellas, put them in inventory slot for melee weapons

used as melee, opened and "held" to protect yourself, another player or gear from rain.

i've got this whole other though process about tarps and rain catchers for fresh water going on right now

dont know if to post in suggestions or just start building a rain overhaul mod

lol

also,

the trees think they are prtoecting you from rain,

the trees think they've stopped protecting you from rain

• Like 1

I just wanted to say I did find a Hunter 22 in a green residential building in electro. Didn't find any ammo though.

• Like 1