Sign in to follow this  
Spunkey Doodle

Modding Dayz

Has anyone successfully modded dayz yet, or more specifically the map. I attempted to mod the map with some of the arma 2 modding tools to no avail. I would like to know how you modded dayz if anyone has succesfully.

they haven't opened up the game for modding because they're afraid people will use it to make hacks. Soooo I think it's a good thing you can't "mod the map" for whatever reason you would want to do that.

• Like 1

Hicks made a tweet a wile back about modding, he said that when the game is officially released the community can begin modding it.

EDIT: Found the tweet 6f6231dc6ba93d047e9a66de01e45637.png

Edited by LeeFriendField
  • Like 3

Has anyone successfully modded dayz yet, or more specifically the map. I attempted to mod the map with some of the arma 2 modding tools to no avail. I would like to know how you modded dayz if anyone has succesfully.

Why would you use the Arma 2 editor? That engine is old.....you need to use either Arma 3 or TOH engine editor.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Vroom vroom, bang bang bang.  We needz more gunz and lotz of carz

I fear release for this specific reason.

• Like 2

I fear release for this specific reason.

Meh, I just won't play on those lame servers.  The craptastic over modded versions of DayZ is why I stopped playing the mod.  

Vroom vroom, bang bang bang.  We needz more gunz and lotz of carz

Screw that.

What we need is a mod that removes all the arcade bullshit and adds realistic ballistics, gunplay, wind, moa and mrad elevation adjustments, fixes the zoom on optics and removes the silly accessory dispersion mechanic.

• Like 1

Why would you use the Arma 2 editor? That engine is old.....you need to use either Arma 3 or TOH engine editor.

He said tools, not editor mate :D

And the tools for Arma II and Arma III is the same atm, so it would be the place to start tbh.

The engine might be "old" but its still using the same things, so your statement doesnt really make sense hehe.

And even if you where able to actually mod the game atm, how would you play it?

We dont have acces to server files yet, so putting the modded items/maps into the server would be "impossible", unless we started hacking our way into the server hosts.

We also dont have acces to any private HIVE, so it would be "impossible" to make a persistant world with character and item saves atm.

*Its not impossible, but it would require illegal measures to do atm.

you can open the map in Arma 3 editor and practise flying etc

DayZ is not Gta online

I was mocking the people who want modding because you that's what they'll turn this into. <_<   Apparently you never played the mod, eh?

• Like 1

I was mocking the people who want modding because you that's what they'll turn this into. <_< Apparently you never played the mod, eh?

I havent played it. Buuuut I have seen Frankie playing it :) I am DayZ PRO you know

I havent played it. Buuuut I have seen Frankie playing it :) I am DayZ PRO you know

Well basically the players didn't want to play a zombie apocalypse  :rolleyes:  and instead wanted Arma so they modded the crap out of DayZ to fill the map up with vehicles and a ton of guns.

• Like 2

I wish! I made a post about this a month or so ago, "API", to no avail. We have to wait until everything is ready. From what I have heard however, similar methods should be available from the Arma 2 API. && Out of curiosity, c++?

Well basically the players didn't want to play a zombie apocalypse  :rolleyes:  and instead wanted Arma so they modded the crap out of DayZ to fill the map up with vehicles and a ton of guns.

Were you forced to play on those servers? No.. 

Will you be forced to play on the DayZ Standalone Mod servers ? No..

This is what you sound like :

I went to subway today to get my favorite sandwich. The man infront of me ordered a different sub. I got really pïssed because he didn't get the same thing as me, even though it didn't affect me in any way.

• Like 1

I wish! I made a post about this a month or so ago, "API", to no avail. We have to wait until everything is ready. From what I have heard however, similar methods should be available from the Arma 2 API. && Out of curiosity, c++?

Were you forced to play on those servers? No.. 

Will you be forced to play on the DayZ Standalone Mod servers ? No..

This is what you sound like :

I went to subway today to get my favorite sandwich. The man infront of me ordered a different sub. I got really pïssed because he didn't get the same thing as me, even though it didn't affect me in any way.

Oh gee, look what we have here,  someone who doesn't know shit.

Meh, I just won't play on those lame servers.  The craptastic over modded versions of DayZ is why I stopped playing the mod.  

Edited by Caboose187

Oh gee, look what we have here,  someone who doesn't know shit.

I cannot tell if you are an idiot, or a sadistic moron. wasting my time by replying to you. Go troll elsewhere.

I would have throat punched him and then handed him my sub.

I cannot tell if you are an idiot, or a sadistic moron. wasting my time by replying to you. Go troll elsewhere.

The only idiot and troll here is you. Read all the thread and responses before posting. Either way, mods will happen and players will get a new Arma 2 to play.

I was mocking the people who want modding because you that's what they'll turn this into. <_<   Apparently you never played the mod, eh?

artworks-000046076263-hdwnrl-original.jp

i find it very funny how we started with a mod it got big now to make it better we make a standalone and then open it up to modding which will then return all the things we were supposed to be having the standalone for in the first place,

just makes the whole thing other than the mod a sales opportunity cash in and nothing else.

as soon as mods are out

first thing 1000 vehicle servers, pay to win donations yet again and super admin tools ftw ! so glad i back this sa its turned out just as i wanted :(

what majority of dayz players brought the SA for is to play the SA not the mod. we wanted the experience of survival without the exploits, the silly admin tools and all those things i listed above.

just a load sales talk to further the cash register.

best thing is next few replies will be dont play on those servers :lol:

well as with mod once those become more popular server owners then see money generated from buy as you win gear abd swop vanilla servers to them. so in the end you have 95 percent pay to win cause i need to cover my server costs :rolleyes: and 5 percent vanilla servers.

thus defying the whole point of making a standalone game in the first part.

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

He said tools, not editor mate :D

And the tools for Arma II and Arma III is the same atm, so it would be the place to start tbh.

The engine might be "old" but its still using the same things, so your statement doesnt really make sense hehe.

And even if you where able to actually mod the game atm, how would you play it?

We dont have acces to server files yet, so putting the modded items/maps into the server would be "impossible", unless we started hacking our way into the server hosts.

We also dont have acces to any private HIVE, so it would be "impossible" to make a persistant world with character and item saves atm.

*Its not impossible, but it would require illegal measures to do atm.

Yes, you are correct on that. ;) I have not touched the Arma 3 editor/tools so I assumed (bad on my part) that they would've changed it. >.> Anyways, it's still easier to use the Arma 3 tools because you wouldn't have much problems bringing it to TOH engine which DayZ Standalone uses. (I think thats the engine) :P

• Like 1

Hello there

Dont forget we very very very much frown on editing DAYZ at this time.

Any discussions of how to etc may well receive an infraction.

When DAYZ is released then we can see how to do it.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

i can't wait to mod this game.

if anyone has modded or played modded arma series, fallout series, elder scroll series, grand theft auto series...

you know what i want to do to this game on release.

such as

Ultra-highres textures for EVERYTHING

animations, physics and world overhauls and changes

things that will not be implemented into the release stable

things i really want: jerry cans with gasoline trails, slow, lumbering-retextured-zombies, custom player skins and outfits, weapon skins,

combat and condition overhauls, and most importantly, REMOVING terrible things that you've always hated

• Like 1