Try next server.

Wait for host.

Try another.

Please wait.

Try another. 

Wait for host.

• Like 3

Jupp, and count down timer <_<

(Already some threads in the troubleshooting section)

• Like 2

Check your firewall, I had this happen to me and spent hours looking for a way past. Once i made some changes to my firewall, i could play fine.

If that doesn't work, I would just reccomend reinstalling the game. But it sounds like something is blocking your connection to the servers.

Also check your AntiVirus programs to see if they are blocking it.

Some are working, most no, some are terribly slow to connect, many crash suddenly during the play... I don't think it is a firewall problem

Wait for host

1) If you double click a server in the server list and get "wait for host" and when you press escape you get the ingame option screen, then

nope - your connection to the server is not blocked, you are ON the server, waiting for it to respond

it may or it may not, after a while.. you are eventually let in or the connection is dropped

that's why, when you abandon the connection and log in to another, you get the log in timer: because you WERE on the server. it was just ignoring you..

xx

2) OR you may get 'Wait for Host' and if you press 'escape' it takes you back to the server list.. there your connection was refused (or not taken up) by the server.

I note that plenty (most?) German Fragnet servers with only 2 or 3 players,  and some other Fragnet servers, were showing 'Wait For Host' (forever) messages YESTERDAY, before the update. I thought this was just an effect of the 'auto kick, whitelist' script that's going around the admins. But today it's everywhere.

xx

3) When you finally do get in-game, you can have your connection dropped (for an unknown reason) which is a pisser if you are in the middle of NWAF, or just in a village,  because your character stands there like a dummy and you have a 280 sec wait to log on again.

4) Another thing that happens when you log on (sometimes) which doesnt help: It seems to me that there are more autokick (whitelist) scripts on admins PCs these days, than there were.. these Admin Scripts are no better and no worse than Player ESP and teleporting scripts, in my view  - and the admins without autokick, just kick you manually.  When its hard to log in already, this doesn't make players happy.

So tonight I got dropped from a server 2 times, tried to log in at least 7 times, with usually the 'anti-hopper' countdown before I could try again, got kicked 2 times after I waited to log in, and got the BattleEye 'verification timeout' 3 times. And when I did log in to a server saying Time:12:54, it turned out to be black night. Wait another 300 secs to try again, get kicked by an admin who wants to play by himself, then get "Waiting for Server" when you know its not true (wait forever, so scrap it..), try another wait again, log in, wait for server 3 mins til this time I'm online, then kicked again for "verification timeout", wait 300 secs to log in again (you can even get 'verification timeout' WHILE youre on "please wait"). So after 2 mins I at LAST get into the nearest town looking out for the new zombies, hear one howl close and "Session lost". After 300 secs I log back in and I'm still alive!, except its the middle of the bloody night again, pitch black...   I played less than an hour - say 40 mins in 2 hours... At last couldn't find any servers with decent pings that didnt have 'join=kick' in the title. So I call it a day.

From what Ive seen of the Zombs they are pretty cool. I only regret they dont run in crazy zigzags like in the mod. And you can't STEALTH them, can't crouch down, crawl to stay out of sight. That should be introduced, sneaking past zombies was always COOL.

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

It's alpha.

Almost 900 comments and that's all you could come up with../facepalm...

Stay out of the thread if you plan to drop a "Alpha" bomb as per norm or some lame bullish comment. There's a reason no one is giving you Beans..

Check your modem, router. Then after you know that's fine just play on the EU servers like I am ATM. They seem to be working just fine and dandy. As for filtering for EU servers G/L...Mine for some reason is only pulling them up atm.

Edited by RyBo
  • Like 3

Stay out of the thread if you plan to drop a "Alpha" bomb as per norm or some lame bullish comment. There's a reason no one is giving you Beans..

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Where are you located?  I'm not having any issues in the CT timezone here in the US.  Was able to join several servers with no issue.  Wondering if this isn't possibly a regional issue?  Very odd, or maybe I've just been lucky...

Where are you located?  I'm not having any issues in the CT timezone here in the US.  Was able to join several servers with no issue.  Wondering if this isn't possibly a regional issue?  Very odd, or maybe I've just been lucky...

Very well could be. I'm near Seattle Washington.

I'm in the EU and I can't join any servers either. Seems very selective if it is regional.

Seems so - considering its being posted about a lot.  Hopefully they get it worked out in the very near term as I know that is frustrating.

Go kill yourself. 

Hello there

That kind of talk is not tolerated.

Also, everyone know im going to crack down on rule 9 from now on. You did read the rules didnt you?

Rdgs

LoK

Edited by orlok

It's to do with several things. It's when people get into your proximity. Its when people log in, it's when people log out and it's when the server does a signature check. seems if the server tries to contact the main server there is some kind of issue

i have the same problem, waiting for host, i can only play in a few servers and when i can finally log in and play the server just crush and i have to log out :S

Im on the east coast(U.S) and I cant join any server without getting the dreaded "session lost" message.

Yup East coast, some let me in but when they do I sit there cant do anything for 15 min and then get timed out. Ya, def not on our side, yay for game breaking update! I dont know why they spend all this time adding in garden Hoes and pitchforks when they need to be fixing the falling through floors, falling off roofs, breaking legs on ladders, and ppl glitching through walls before they try and add new stuff....its like just adding more icing on a cake thats half baked GG.

The "session lost" message doesnt seem to appear for me if I join an empty or nearly empty server. My two friends and I joined a nearly empty server and have watched half the server get kicked every 15 mins or so, but we are unaffected. I think the new patch is limiting the bandwidth that the servers can use, rather then the amount used by the players.(no evidence, just a thought)

Same here... actually worse... made my nvidia crash somehow

me too. DayZ has never crashed on me before this update.

e: actually, my card/driver didn't crash, but the game itself

Edited by komadose

i have the same problem, waiting for host, i can only play in a few servers and when i can finally log in and play the server just crush and i have to log out :S

Same thing is happening to many players as you can see the servers are pretty empty.

wait for host

wait for host 

session lost session lost

rinse repeat.