Sign in to follow this  
blunce

Boobytraps

What's up y'all

I think boobytraps are a great concept idea, especially for when barricading/base-building & vehicles get implemented.

Some examples of make-shift boobytraps that I have in mind would be:

1.) Tripwire Grenade: A craftable item that needs nothing more than fishing line & a grenade. Tie the string to the grenade's pin, & suspend the wire between 2 trees/fences/buildings/etc. Once a player trips the fishing line, the pin gets pulled, grenade goes of in 3-5 seconds. Players should also have the ability to snip the wire & take the grenade if they find one without setting it off.

2.) Spike Pit: These were used in Vietnam & were known as "Punji sticks". I'm thinking small scale for this one, because in Nam, they were pits as deep as 6 or more feet. For DayZ, I was thinking a small, camouflaged hole, that when stepped in, the player could succumb to broken legs, bleeding, or maybe even infection (in Vietnam sometimes the spikes were covered in fecal matter). For DayZ though, other hazardous substances could be used (poisonous berries, bleach, ammonia, etc.). Would be a craftable item that requires a shovel & wooden sticks & could be placed wherever the player is standing (given that it's in soft ground & not in the middle of a concrete road).

3.) Make-Shift Spike Strips: A craftable anti-vehicle item that could be made with some nails & rope, & could be deployed virtually anywhere on the map. I feel that this one is pretty self-explanatory. Deploy on a concrete or dirt road when a vehicle is approaching & immobilize it with a flat tire from the spikes.

So there's my suggestion for the day. Feel free to add more examples of boobytraps if you support the idea, & also feel free to explain why you feel this couldn't work / shouldn't be implemented. All feedback welcome.

-blunce

• Like 1

All I need for a booby trap: Inflatable love doll, a box, a stick,  and a string

Thats disgusting

All I need for a booby trap: Inflatable love doll, a box, a stick,  and a string

I'd fall for that....

Edit:But seriously....how would it work? :lol:

Edit 2:Never mind i got it...

BOX.jpg
Edited by Damnyourdeadman

Well this escalated quickly..

1.) Tripwire Grenade

Yes but grenades would probably be pretty rare. The only place you'd be most likely to find grenades would be the military bases, and possibly the NWAF. I can't imagine huge amounts of them laying around the map as it's mostly farmland and residential areas.

Maybe other types of trip-traps - a wire across the top of a stair case causing you to fall with a chance of breaking your legs...a wire attached to a flare or attached to a gun pointing a certain direction :-D

2.) Spike Pit

I don't think this would work at all.

For this to happen the landscape would have to be deformable to allow players to dig the pit.  I doubt that would happen as it would require a major re-write of the engine and would also place huge amounts of strain on the server as it tries to cope with potentially up to a server full of people deforming the landscape at once. Not gonna happen!

3.) Make-Shift Spike Strips

hell yeah! I like this idea :-)

Yes but grenades would probably be pretty rare. The only place you'd be most likely to find grenades would be the military bases, and possibly the NWAF. I can't imagine huge amounts of them laying around the map as it's mostly farmland and residential areas.

Maybe other types of trip-traps - a wire across the top of a stair case causing you to fall with a chance of breaking your legs...a wire attached to a flare or attached to a gun pointing a certain direction :-D

If grenade's are a rarity, that makes this idea that much better! We don't want tripwires around every single corner :)

We need more camouflage!

Play_Arts_Kai_Metal_Gear_Solid_Paper_Box

Metal Gear Solid anyone?

I'd fall for that....

Edit:But seriously....how would it work? :lol:

Edit 2:Never mind i got it...

BOX.jpg

This would be nice trap for rabbits :D

Some kind of traps will be added in time, im sure about it. The Booty Trap would be awesome ;)

Just call em traps dude, and we need a drip rifle

Don't be like that. otherwise you will have the same as Misha! :D

AP IEDs.  String, gas cylinder, screwdriver, stone & match = burns and shrapnel injuries.  Oh, and the noise, the horde-attracting noise...

(Indoors only, considering all this rain we've been having recently.)

Edited by alphadogmeat

They should put in like those net traps that hang u upside down from a tree and make it like hand cuffs where u can loot the trapped player and they can struggle out of the trap.

Hell yeah, traps!

Suspended logs with spikes!

And mud, need lots of mud. And a jungle. And a chopper to get to.

Gimme a bullet, a piece of pipe and a nail and I'll make u a nice trap trap trap... definitively a must.

Oh, and I want explosives and dead man's triggers ;)