fox808

[GUIDE] Installation Guide (Steam, Retail, Mixed, Beta, Common Errors)

When i click your link or even type in arma2.com it takes me to Take On Helicopters. How the shit am I supposed to get the updates now?

I have a problem...

If I start from "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch.exe" (with -nosplash -mod=@dayz) I have installed the latest patch, but when I join a server I get the error "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus"

Under common errors:

"- Make sure you launch the game as 'Combined Operations' and NOT 'Operation Arrowhead' when launching from STEAM."

If I start from Steam as Combined Operations I did not have the latest Beta-Patch, also if I reinstall it...

What now? How can I get the latest patch AND avoid the cherarus error?

Please help :(

Bump. Why isn't this stickied?

I bought the game retail and now I have to buy it on steam so I can actually play DayZ? Come on now. This is not fun

I have retail and it works just fine for me. You need a tad bit of computer knowledge to navigate and then just add the target line commands for the shortcut. Easy stuff.

I have a problem...

If I start from "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch.exe" (with -nosplash -mod=@dayz) I have installed the latest patch' date=' but when I join a server I get the error "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus"

Under common errors:

"- Make sure you launch the game as 'Combined Operations' and NOT 'Operation Arrowhead' when launching from STEAM."

If I start from Steam as Combined Operations I did not have the latest Beta-Patch, also if I reinstall it...

What now? How can I get the latest patch AND avoid the cherarus error?

Please help :(

[/quote']

I believe you missed this target line command: -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

You need that in order for the mod to work with the beta shortcut.

Ok so I used the Steam method of installing and downloaded the beta patch, but every time I try to join a server, it says "Bad version, server rejected connection" or something like that.

Someone please help!

Ok so I used the Steam method of installing and downloaded the beta patch' date=' but every time I try to join a server, it says "Bad version, server rejected connection" or something like that.

Someone please help!

[/quote']

Are you running the BETA exe shortcut? Running DayZ from steam from the regular exe does not start the game with the beta patch, but the last "official" exe - which is outdated.

I bought the retail version and i want to play it with the steam overlay. is that possible? if so how? cuz if i add it as a non steam game,an error message pops up stating : "no entry: .profilepathdefault" when i press ok starts loading,screen goes black and after a minute or two this pops up : "error creating direct 3d 9 graphical engine" help please

Ok so I used the Steam method of installing and downloaded the beta patch' date=' but every time I try to join a server, it says "Bad version, server rejected connection" or something like that.

Someone please help!

[/quote']

Are you running the BETA exe shortcut? Running DayZ from steam from the regular exe does not start the game with the beta patch, but the last "official" exe - which is outdated.

When I try using the beta shortcut, It says

"'You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip etc.'upon joining any DayZ server."

:_;

Hey, i've tried reading most of the posts and havn't found a reply, but if there is please point me towards it. my problem is when i'm not getting the bad version error I just get stuck at the loading phase(i can hear ingame sounds), what am i doing wrong?

Nevermind, it's all good now. Sorry for the hassle :p

I just uninstalled everything and followed the video guide.

Ok, so I picked up the Combined Ops set off of steam for $30. This is a really basic question that doesn't directly relate to the DayZ mod setup, but to the install just prior to that. Here is the current situation:

(1) I can't run Arma 2 on its own. I get an error message saying "bad key" even though I just bought this off of steam.

(2) I can run Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead by itself, just fine.

(3) I can't run Arma 2: Combined Operations. I'm assuming that this is b/c Arma 2 has the weird key error issue.

I am re-downloading Arma 2 right now. Now, question to clarify is: Does Arma 2: OA have to be installed into the Arma 2 folder, as the retail website suggests?:

https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-combined-operations

OR does the steam installation already handle everything about the setup correctly so that having Arma 2: OA installed into the Arma 2 folder is no longer necessary?

In other words, it should've been the case that I download the CO pack, it self-installs and there should not be any further fiddling around around to get Combined Operations to work other than selecting it from the dialog box of options that pops up when I double click on Arma 2: OA from my games list on Steam?

edit: seems like the video guide at least clears up this part. The answer is, steam already handles everything correctly.

video link:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=408

As for the key issue...bleah...Murphy's Law at work. I hope when the download completes again on Arma 2 that that problem goes away.

Anyone willing to help me with this error?

No Entry .profilePathDefault

If you can help me, it will be MUCHLY appreciated.

And you can have my beans.

Q: Why does the instructions for installing the RETAIL version of Arma2 OA on the first page in this thread include a STEAM folder?!?

Are the instructions wrong or what?

I've got a problem, when I start the game as combined operations, I still get the deleted.chernarus error.

The thing is, I've run combined operations before, with a steam version of OA, and a free retail copy of ARMA 2. To try and get this working, I bought a copy of ARMA2 on steam, but it still won't function.

Any ideas?

Edit, it turns out that after looking closely at my OA expansions list, it listed the old retail copy of ArmA 2, and not the steam version, and I had deleted the old copy to try and remove unknown variables. Figures.

When OA finishes downloading in the morning, I'll post an update.

edit mk2,

Alright, so uninstalling the game, and reinstalling it didn't work, and it still won't let me edit the parameters. any ideas?

http://i.imgur.com/EMKgC.png

copy the addons folder from the Arma 2 directory to Arma2 OA

i get the bin error and then when it loads somemore i get a shaders error.. what then?

EDIT it says error with pixel shaders or some bs.. ugh :/

Edited by ultimabdon316

I overcome a couple of errors you listed. But the last 'error' which stops me to play DayZ is that somewhat all servers say I have a 'bad' version (too old I guess). How do I update Dayz when I have Arma 2(: OA/CF) on Steam and launch Dayz through steam as you said in your first post ?

Edited by Smissen

I just got the Combined Operations pack from Steam.

I can run the game using "Dayz Commander" without any trouble but I want to be able to launch through Steam. So I added the "-mod=@dayz -nosplash" command to my Operation Arrowhead launch options like it says in this thread but then I get 2 errors when launching the game saying there are missing files and then once I get into the game, all of the servers say that I have the wrong version of something.... yet I can play on those very same servers if I use the "Dayz Commander" launcher, which also does not mention any missing files.

In addition to this, I have no way to launch the game as "Combined Operations".. I can launch it as ARMA 2 or ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead but there is no option for "Combined Operations" within Steam.

Yes I can play the mod, with DayZ Commander.. but I would REALLY like to be able to run it through Steam so I can easily make use of the Steam Community functions while playing.

In the Steam installation part of the guide in the following step:

8) Run Operation Arrowhead and select "Launch ARMA 2: Combined Operations" to play the game.

I cant run this option since only 3 options appear:

The first one says: Play Arma2: operation arrowhead

Second: launch in windowed mode

third:reinstall battleye anti-cheat.

I have followed all the steps and double checked everything and cant figure out what's wrong. Can someone help?

Edit:

Instead of doing this installation i just used dayz commander. Just had to install it and search for a server to play in... It even updates your game automatically

Edited by graffiti36

The links on the first post of this thread are dead. I am unable to access the download tool or the dayz mod files.