fox808

[GUIDE] Installation Guide (Steam, Retail, Mixed, Beta, Common Errors)

I cannot get this mod working , i have arma 2, arma operation arrowhead installed and i used the six updater to get the mod , when i try to join a server it kicks me back saying something about chernrus has been deleted :/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/arma2c.jpg

btw this makes makes no sense

8) Run Operation Arrowhead and select "Launch ARMA 2: Combined Operations" to play the game.

it should be right click on operation arrow head and select combined operations from the list..

I cannot get this mod working ' date=' i have arma 2, arma operation arrowhead installed and i used the six updater to get the mod , when i try to join a server it kicks me back saying something about chernrus has been deleted :/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/arma2c.jpg

[hr']

btw this makes makes no sense

8) Run Operation Arrowhead and select "Launch ARMA 2: Combined Operations" to play the game.

it should be right click on operation arrow head and select combined operations from the list..

Actually it works well if you left click from library not desktop shortcut.

Hey GUYS

In Amazon Gaming Download is selling the ARMA 2 COMBINED OPERATIONS - PC DOWNLOAD

Can I use this key to activate on STEAM?

Please, i need a answer

Hi

I have just bought Combined Ops & followed the retail instal instructions.

Everything launches fine. I have game version 1.60 and the current dayZ mod (ie the icon is green in Six Updater.)

Upon joining any server i see the landscape and then I am instantly "kicked"

"You were kicked off the game (BattleEye Uknown Game Version)"

Reading at the bottom of Six Updater is "A2 Op. Arrowhead (Combined Ops) 1.60.0.86882"

I have run both "ARMAII" & "ARMA 2 Combined Operations" shorcuts to launch the game.

Any help much appreciated.

Retail setup step 9 is where im stuck.get Error : DZTAP.png?1

I have this same exact problem.

Right, so I bought the Amazon retail version of ArmA2 and ArmA2:OA==>ArmA2:COps

Installed em into the same directory (/Program files/ArmA 2/) and added the @DayZ folder as normal to that directory.

Run arma2oa.exe with the -mod option and enable arma2 and dayz in the expansions menu screen.

But then I get: "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code etc." whenever I try to join a server.

Halp :>

WORKING NOW

- note different 1.60 version/updates. make sure yours is:-

A2 Op. Arrowhead (Combined Ops) 1.60.0.87580

I reapplied a 1.60 update and it has 'fixed' the error. I must have first applied a slightly older build, I used the op's recommended update link here.

Current version = A2 Op. Arrowhead (Combined Ops) 1.60.0.87580

Previous version = A2 Op. Arrowhead (Combined Ops) 1.60.0.86882

I thought i had accidentaly downloaded the beta build but no.

Retail setup step 9 is where im stuck.get Error : DZTAP.png?1

I have this same exact problem.

I recomend you try the instructions here

http://i2.lulzimg.com/b80acad793.jpg

(if you have a retail / non steam version.

Much eaiser.

man i just bought this game the intructions look confusing this community looks awesome and helpful will use this hope it works...

Right, ignore me, I didn't have the mod files inside /@DayZ/***addons***/ - they were just in /@DayZ/.

I'm such a fucking derp :P

Does anyone know how I can associate my game with steam. I purchased Arma II CO from Amazon. Do I still follow the retail instructions?

Nevermind. got it

I bought the game(Combined Operations) retail on Amazon as well. I have everything installed what seems to be correctly. But when I go to the servers list all of the servers have red X's next to them and when I try to connect i get a "Connecting Failed" error everytime. Any suggestions as to what i am doing wrong here?

steam instructions did not work for me problem posted in trouble shooting. This is rather complicated to get up and running ;[

Need help!!! I have operation arrowhead and reinforcements as a retail version on a disk. I just downloaded the steam version of Arma 2, but how do I work this out now? It will not recognise it as combined operations.

Nice guide.. but at Beta patch section the info is missleading, The real file you should be Editing is runA2CO_beta.. please fix

Hey I'm trying to redownload DayZ after a nightmare scenario and im using the installer but everytime I get stuck at Extracting files from : dayz_v1.2.5.rar.....

It just stays like that and nothing happens even though everything before takes about 20 seconds. I even left it for 3 hours once but nothing happened. I've tried every mirror.

Any advise??

Cheers

Trot

I got that message saying that i was missing or deleted the vehicles file, weapons, and etc. I re-installed everything correctly like 4 times, made sure i had the exact -mod=@dayz -nosplash in launch options, and still wont work.... can i talk on TS or something?

Yep, I've had that message numerous times, as well as many, many others while trying to fix the issue.

So, once again, I've deleted the game file caches from Steam for both ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead. My question now (I think) is do I need to use steam to udate both games or just OA? They both have roughly 8gb updates and I don't want to download them both (again) if I don't have to.

Where to from here!?! PLEASE!!!

I have no idea what actually fixed it but it works!!!!

Here's a list of things I did to get it going, in no particular order; (I use steam btw)

-Copy the Addons folder from ArmA 2 and paste into the main directory of ArmA 2:OA

-Put the ArmA 2 :OA folder inside the ArmA 2 folder

-Download the torrent version of the DayZ mod, extract it and put the extracted @DayZ folder into the main directory of your ArmA 2:OA folder

-Start the standalone ArmA 2:OA by going to c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/arma 2/arma 2:oa/arma2oa.exe and enable everything you can under Expansions from the game menu. Then restart game.

- MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!! - Go here - http://www.battleye.com/download.html - and download the top two files which are BE Client for Windows (32-bit) and BE Server for Windows (32-bit). Make a new folder called BattlEye here - c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/arma 2/arma 2:OA/expansions and then place the 2 downloaded files in that created BattlEye folder.

-Don't use steam to start the ArmA 2:OA, instead right-click on the arma2oa.exe file I mentioned a few points back (in your main arma 2:OA folder) and run as admin.

- I also have this " -mod=@DayZ" typed in under launch options for ArmA 2:OA in Steam (note the single space right at the start before the dash)

- BTW, you don't actually have to update ArmA 2 in steam with it's 8gb update, just update ArmA 2:OA through steam with it's 7.5gb update and it will work (though I don't think my ArmA 2 works by itself now, but I don't really care)

Like I said, not sure which of these steps did what exactly but I do know that the last thing I did before it started working was to get that newer version of BattlEye that I linked to above and put the files into the correct folder like I said above. I also only ever run the game as OA, not CO.

Really hope this helps people because I was so freakin upset when I couldn't get it going so I definitely feel your pain guys :(

Under my expansions from Operation Arrowhead's main menu I somehow have 2 OA's and 2 DayZ's enabled, but yeah, at least it works.

Now to finally, finally, finally play me some DayZ on the very highest settings on my new gaming PC :) So fuckin relieved and happy it's not even funny :)

Hi,

I'm running into issues trying to get the mod to work, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried manually downloading and using the auto-updated tool and get the same issue in both cases.

- The mod seems to be accepted by the game (it says @DayZ in the top right corner) but when I try to join a server it simply tells me I have a 'bad version'.

- When I start the game it gives a CABuilding error of sorts, and when I enter the game there is something wrong with a citizen.cfg file.

- If I try to start the game (combined op) again, a cmd window pops up and disappears just as quick and nothing happens.

Can anyone tell me how to remedy this issue? Thanks in advance