Sign in to follow this  
charliepow

Regarding future updates

So I saw h0nkX post this image in the 0.42 thread:

ILXkGU0.jpg

It looks like crossbows may be here sooner than we think. I also an image of an object list in the latest build including potatoes, green peppers and pumpkins.

Do you think there will be an advantage to cooking full meals?

Do you think that bows and crossbows will be viable in the game outside of hunting?

Do you think there should be a lot of aggressive animals? What animals are even in Czech/Chernarus?

Do you think people will actually use the Bow/Crossbow/Amphibia S/Sporter 22 to hunt without attracting attention?

What sort of crafting recipes would you like to see around the hunting aspect of the game?

And lastly... Where the hell are we supposed to find enough rocks to make a fireplace?

Discuss.

Edited by CharliePow

X! It's h0nkX<--! :) just kiddin.

I really wanna know if we need like 15 rocks for a fireplace, cuz if, i never ever build one.

Guess cooked food may gives more energy - like rice cooked with milk.

Edited by Guest

So I saw h0nkS post this image in the 0.42 thread:

ILXkGU0.jpg

It looks like crossbows may be here sooner than we think. I also an image of an object list in the latest build including potatoes, green peppers and pumpkins.

Do you think that bows and crossbows will be viable in the game outside of hunting?

Do you think there should be a lot of aggressive animals? What animals are even in Czech/Chernarus?

Do you think people will actually use the Bow/Crossbow/Amphibia S/Sporter 22 to hunt without attracting attention?

What sort of crafting recipes would you like to see around the hunting aspect of the game?

And lastly... Where the hell are we supposed to find enough rocks to make a fireplace?

Discuss.

no.

I've never needed rocks to make a fire. 

Kinda annoying if you do need them that would be totally unrealistic.

• Like 4

So I saw h0nkS post this image in the 0.42 thread:

ILXkGU0.jpg

Discuss.

I don't think we'll see this in the next update, no. The assets people seem to be ahead of the programmers/designers, as we have so far gotten the models and animations long before the gameplay mechanics were in place. So these will probably be included in the next experimental, but not useable until the one after that. 

Don't know how good cooked meals will be at first. Im guessing food values might get some major balancing towards the end. Id love to have something ranged and silent....for when the mass zombies arrive. So I think it will have a use beyond just hunting, maybe could be a way to stealth another survivor without having to enter melee range. I hope there are aggressive animals, don't know if they are in real Chernarus, but id like to see wolfs. Give them some pack mentality, and very high speed....making it pretty hard to solo a group of them.

Hopefully finding the rocks is an option. I know a rock circle would hold more heat for warmth as the rocks would get very hot. But we have an improvised backpack....so maybe an improvised fireplace that doesn't need rocks? :)

Edited by Karmaterror
  • Like 1

Don't know how good cooked meals will be at first. Im guessing food values might get some major balancing towards the end. Id love to have something ranged and silent....for when the mass zombies arrive. So I think it will have a use beyond just hunting, maybe could be a way to stealth another survivor without having to enter melee range. I hope there are aggressive animals, don't know if they are in real Chernarus, but id like to see wolfs. Give them some pack mentality, and very high speed....making it pretty hard to solo a group of them.

Hopefully finding the rocks is an option. I know a rock circle would hold more heat for warmth as the rocks would get very hot. But we have an improvised backpack....so maybe an improvised fireplace that doesn't need rocks? :)

I agree that rocks shouldn't be necessary for a camp fire. I think fires will become an interesting part of gameplay once implemented, because there will be a risk factor of attractive zombies/players because of smoke during the day time, and light during the night time, making it risky to light a fire outdoors or uncovered. I also think that fires at night should deter aggressive animals like wolves so that you can take a few minutes to cook/organize with a lower chance of being attacked.

agreed on the rocks

a reason to do this is the hazard from fire spreading

but I dont see anyone programming huge forest fires into the game so improv fireplaces sound good enough.

I think for cooking food there will be 2 key benefites

'cleaning' the food, so killing bacteria/parasites

... well we all know the reason why our caveman versions started cooking food

I also imagine cooking rice with water makes you less dehydrated

or gives a bigger amount of stored energy or something

Great point about the infection, but what's the advantage of hunting and cooking a meal compared to drinking a few cans of soda? It would have to have some sort of bonus or disadvantage to soda and other foods.

I've never needed rocks to make a fire.

Kinda annoying if you do need them that would be totally unrealistic.

Only you can start forest fires.... :P

I hope sticks / rocks can be harvested in the wild by then...

Edited by Insane Aradia
  • Like 1

I hope sticks / rocks can be harvested in the wild by then...

No wtf sticks only spawn in sheds IRL this game is a SURVIVAL SIMULATOR not some cod shooter you pusy.

• Like 1

Great point about the infection, but what's the advantage of hunting and cooking a meal compared to drinking a few cans of soda? It would have to have some sort of bonus or disadvantage to soda and other foods.

watch 28 days later :P people getting sugar rushes and headaches because of bad nutrition

its all about nutrition, they will add in a health system and a soda-only diet wont make your life that great

Edited by RedAscendant
  • Like 1

watch 28 days later :P people getting sugar rushes and headaches because of bad nutrition

its all about nutrition, they will add in a health system and a soda-only diet wont make your life that great

Yeah I hope they do add benefits from eating healthy, although a lot of people would complain that the game is turning into a "Diet and exercise simulator" once it gets too complicated (too much sugar, not enough iron, scurvy etc)

Yeah I hope they do add benefits from eating healthy, although a lot of people would complain that the game is turning into a "Diet and exercise simulator" once it gets too complicated (too much sugar, not enough iron, scurvy etc)

nah bro its easy to balance

like a simple vitamins status or whatever

nah bro its easy to balance

like a simple vitamins status or whatever

So as well as an overall energy and hydration stats, we'd have all different vitamin stats as well?

there was AK74 models in devblogs long, LONG before game release, yet we still dont get them on the game.

dont get your pants wet, crossbows will take a while till they're on game.

there was AK74 models in devblogs long, LONG before game release, yet we still dont get them on the game.

dont get your pants wet, crossbows will take a while till they're on game.

I agree with you, but one of the devs posted a screenshot of him actually testing the xbow so it's nearer than we expect.

Edit: this one.

tumblr_inline_n2mpchLnGG1rq1exu.jpg

Edited by CharliePow