TubNodes

Invisible cans, food, drinks etc. after use

I wanted to report that I have been encountering an issue regarding the use of consumables. After my character has used any kind of food or drink unless it is a water bottle or canteen it disappears as usual. However, if there is an empty item slot in my inventory the slot closest to the top that is empty will become unusable. Regardless of trying to swap items or move the empty slot in many different ways it remains unusable. Now, to alleviate this problem I have discovered three options. 

Option One: change my item of clothing for something else.

Option Two: only use consumables with a full inventory.

Option Three: Log out and rejoin a server and the item I used that was supposed to have left my inventory will appear with zero percent remaining and I can now eject it from the unusable slot.

post-199864-0-88978900-1395518883_thumb.

EDIT: Be warned that dropping the clothing item on the ground with an invisible consumable inside can cause the clothing item to disappear or become non interactive once it has left your character. This is not recommended unless you have successfully emptied out the clothing item into different clothing and from here you can attempt to drop and pick the original clothing back up. This is not guaranteed to work.

This happens with roughly 80% of consumables "for me."

This is a low issue on the totem pole but I like to leave at least 2 slots open to remove my magazines before I log out in case someone is nearby when I rejoin a server. Only because my character emits the super loud reloading screeching noise upon logging in. 

Note: This is not a complaint and only an issue I wanted to bring to attention in case others are suffering the same thing.

Don't be discouraged, there are ways to fix this on your own, it just takes time to get in the habit of only eating or drinking things that are in your hands with no room for it to hide in your inventory.

EDIT: I have found that whenever I pick something up directly into my inventory or into my hands whenever I have an empty hot-bar slot, the item fills the hot-bar slot, after the item is consumed completely it will make the inventory slot it was in unusable 100% of the time for me. This rate only occurs when the item fills the hot-bar-slot, it does not make the hot-bar slot unusable though and it takes the same effort to recover the item slot as the other invisible consumables.

EDIT: Just experienced a similar glitch with a Battery inside a pristine weapon flashlight, licked the battery to check the charge, the battery went into my hands and stayed inside the flashlight. After the action of licking the battery was complete it went into my backpack in one of the open inventory slots but remained inside the flashlight as well. Once inside my inventory I could not get it out. It would duplicate itself over and over wherever I dragged it to. Inside other item slots, over other items and erase the other item leaving a battery and wherever I dropped it. Furthermore these duplicate batteries were considered as one according to the game, each time I grabbed one all of them would become highlighted as though I grabbed everyone of them at once.

The fix: Drop the clothing item on the ground. manually drag it out of the slot, it will not appear to have left just yet. Pick the clothing back up and it will be gone. However, this might take multiple attempts.

If you have succeeded at removing the battery from your inventory, do not pick it back up. all the copies are bugged as well and will continue to duplicate like a virus. Hopefully for the sake of others nobody else picks these up and has to endure the same trouble. To prevent this I suggest doing this in the street where it is less likely someone will find the battery.

For the record, a battery is considered a consumable.....don't ask me why. According to the game registry it just is.

Edited by TubNodes

Been happening to me too, what works for me is dropping the item of clothing or pack on the floor then picking it up again.

Problem solved hope it works for you.

Been happening to me too, what works for me is dropping the item of clothing or pack on the floor then picking it up again.

Problem solved hope it works for you.

You my friend are a brave soul, I forgot to mention that doing what you've describe has increased the chance for my clothing to disappear when I drop it on the ground with a invisible item inside. I have also had the clothing item be permanently stuck on the ground and become non-interactive after the drop. However it has worked a few times but like I've said before, I suffer from this problem constantly.

You my friend are a brave soul, I forgot to mention that doing what you've describe has increased the chance for my clothing to disappear when I drop it on the ground with a invisible item inside. I have also had the clothing item be permanently stuck on the ground and become non-interactive after the drop. However it has worked a few times but like I've said before, I suffer from this problem constantly.

Ah ok haven't had that problem since the last patch. When I do it though I never do it inside a building or in a bush or a pine tree I found some times if you drop stuff in buildings it goes through the floor or if it's near a door you can only interact with the door. If it's in a bush or tree you can see it but can't interact with it because the branches are in the way. Or it does the whole takes an age to reappear it has happened to me a few times where I have found a pile of really good gear on the floor that some one has thought they had lost and left including a full pack.

I wish this happened a bit more often

Whenever you find an item on the ground you can't pick up, if you look at it and you have sufficient room in your inventory while pressing f, it will appear in your inventory. I have found it's easiest to do this in first person. Now this wont work if you are trying to pick up a second gun that wont fit into your pack like a mosin or m4.

Ah ok haven't had that problem since the last patch.

Still seems to be happening on my end at least. 

I had this happen to me last night several times in a row, here's the proof after I re-logged.

post-199864-0-88978900-1395518883_thumb.

Note that the entire upper half of the jacket was unusable until i re-logged and the items became visible again.

Edited by TubNodes

Whenever you find an item on the ground you can't pick up, if you look at it and you have sufficient room in your inventory while pressing f, it will appear in your inventory. I have found it's easiest to do this in first person. Now this wont work if you are trying to pick up a second gun that wont fit into your pack like a mosin or m4.

Still seems to be happening on my end at least. 

I had this happen to me last night several times in a row, here's the proof after I re-logged.

Note that the entire upper half of the jacket was unusable until i re-logged and the items became visible again.

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah that's pretty annoying and you don't want to risk losing that jacket as it's pretty rare. Well it is to me only found one in 60 hrs of playing.

They have done a mini patch today I think so maybe it's sorted.