Sign in to follow this  
Core7

Nuclear area

Yes we need things like this across the map, creepy places to add to the horror and desolation. The ruined village needs to have a permanent layer of ground fog around it I think too.

The state of the buildings should reflect the passage of time since Day Zero. Has it just started or have we been here months?

Edited by Jexter

Yeah, but it's not canon, because if you look all around you, you can also see zombies, which I may remind you are not present in ARMA II.

Edit: Stop posting until you learn common sense.

Neither in A3, DayZ is set AFTER all this. All Bohemia games (Armas anyway) are canon that I know of. Thwy do it like Tom Clancy (best guy ever) Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell have the same number of releases just about. In GR1, your in Georgia just as is Splinter Cell. In GR2, your in north korea, just like Chaos theory.

Lets get a mod in here (ORRRLOOOOK) to settle this.

Its not stalker! This is completely different game! Unless they just add nuclear power plant in the game with high loot and radiation in it,  but i doubt that would happen.

Since the map is mostly forest, there could be a massive, and free, expansion pack to add a lot more to the map, tons of post apocalypse cities, full of radiation and such.

In any apocalypse situation, you can imagine they would get pretty desperate anyway, which means obliterating the major cities with nukes, the only non radiated parts would be in the current map and a mile outside of every major city.

This could work nicely with very experienced players, who would all build their bases in the nuclear area of the map, to keep out all of the newly killed and such. Of course, all loot is obliterated. Bunkers however, from the nuclear age could hold the food and water supplies to sustain the players in that area. Nothing else would spawn, unless the officials in the area, or the rich, would also have bunkers.

Edited by smrtrthanavgbear

Love the idea, I dont think it would fit in the current map though, I think your idea would be awesome in later maps or even community made maps. It would be way cool if they put some really cool stuff in the middle of the radiation area so the if you want the loot you have to find the proper equipment to survive. or just run in there and enjoy your cool new stuff and die of radiation poisoning a little while later ha

It would be way cool if they put some really cool stuff in the middle of the radiation area so the if you want the loot you have to find the proper equipment to survive. or just run in there and enjoy your cool new stuff and die of radiation poisoning a little while later ha

Its not stalker! This is completely different game! Unless they just add nuclear power plant in the game with high loot and radiation in it,  but i doubt that would happen.

And yet there would be absolutely no reason for high quality loot like ghillie suits or sniper rifles to be in a nuclear power plant, not anything players would want anyway.

Yes, though, this would be cool as a separate map, and modders should probably have a go at it if they can be bothered. That's how we got DayZ, after all.

Yes we need things like this across the map, creepy places to add to the horror and desolation. The ruined village needs to have a permanent layer of ground fog around it I think too. No that's silly this is a realistic zombie survival game not a B grade zombie movie

The state of the buildings should reflect the passage of time since Day Zero. Has it just started or have we been here months?

We haven't been around for months because there is fresh fruit still available and the zombies haven't rotted away from lack of hygiene and maggots; the invasion's probably been about one month at the most, if we're assuming that the fresh fruit was unripe early into the outbreak [a green banana takes five days to ripen and a ripe banana takes a week and a half to rot in a colder climate like Chernarus, also some of this fruit may have been refridgerated until the power went out, then looted out of fridges]. However, we can also tell it hasn't just started recently, because so much food and clothing is missing.

We haven't been around for months because there is fresh fruit still available and the zombies haven't rotted away from lack of hygiene and maggots; the invasion's probably been about one month at the most, if we're assuming that the fresh fruit was unripe early into the outbreak [a green banana takes five days to ripen and a ripe banana takes a week and a half to rot in a colder climate like Chernarus, also some of this fruit may have been refridgerated until the power went out, then looted out of fridges]. However, we can also tell it hasn't just started recently, because so much food and clothing is missing.

The ground fog could be coming from the underground research lab seeping up through the earth. That could be "ground zero" for the outbreak and why the village is ruined.

There is no nuclear power plant on chernarus, so a meltdown accident is out of the question. If a nuclear weapon was detonated above chernarus, pretty much half of the map would be obliterated, and I see no indication of that.

So, if this thing was put into the game, where do you suggest the nuclear fallout originated? I don't think the required condtions for a nuclear accident are met, so I would say no this suggestion. Plus, I don't really want to have to deal with a fallout zone in addition to all the other issues that we are going to face.

Unless of course Bohemia somehow manage to turn this game into some arcady crap that makes things so easy that absolutely no thinking is required, and ignore the fact, that the original idea was to make a survival simulator(= learning tool that ~accurately portrays a realistic survival situation).

• Like 1

Defo think it should be in the game - I would imagine the zone to be at least a square Km and on the edge of the map - that way it may continue but players cant get further than define zone. North West perhaps?

I don't really want to see radiation. As was mentioned before, radiation is a long-term problem. I could live in an irradiated area for a while without suffering any ill effects. In the long-run I would get leukemia or cancerous tumors. Guarding against radiation requires a full-suit and acquiring something like this in a zombie apocalypse would be close to impossible. I also wouldn't like a gimmicky radiation system like in Rust. It really sucks.

I would like to see CS gas canisters at some point. If you didn't have a gas mask on these would make your vision blur and making breathing/fighting almost impossible. If this game mechanic was added it could be easily modded to provide a radiation experience.

• Like 1

I would like to see CS gas canisters at some point. If you didn't have a gas mask on these would make your vision blur and making breathing/fighting almost impossible. If this game mechanic was added it could be easily modded to provide a radiation experience.

That's a fucking great idea, modding should be encouraged as much as possible. The question is, would the gas effect zombies?

Bags the rights to Vamonos Zombos Exterminators so I can gas zombies and make meth on the side

We haven't been around for months because there is fresh fruit still available and the zombies haven't rotted away from lack of hygiene and maggots; the invasion's probably been about one month at the most, if we're assuming that the fresh fruit was unripe early into the outbreak [a green banana takes five days to ripen and a ripe banana takes a week and a half to rot in a colder climate like Chernarus, also some of this fruit may have been refridgerated until the power went out, then looted out of fridges]. However, we can also tell it hasn't just started recently, because so much food and clothing is missing.

Theyre LIVING infected. Not undead, therefore they cannot rot away unless they die. Look at africa, no baths there waters too precious. But theyre living, and filthy, but not rotting away.

1. Love the idea

2. Suggested it before in my "go to the forest of trees"

3. Likely will never arrive to official dayz unless they scrap the RV engine

Since the map is mostly forest, there could be a massive, and free, expansion pack to add a lot more to the map, tons of post apocalypse cities, full of radiation and such.

In any apocalypse situation, you can imagine they would get pretty desperate anyway, which means obliterating the major cities with nukes, the only non radiated parts would be in the current map and a mile outside of every major city.

This could work nicely with very experienced players, who would all build their bases in the nuclear area of the map, to keep out all of the newly killed and such. Of course, all loot is obliterated. Bunkers however, from the nuclear age could hold the food and water supplies to sustain the players in that area. Nothing else would spawn, unless the officials in the area, or the rich, would also have bunkers.

Just a refresher to advance the conversation, look at comments before posting!

I think large towns should have underground sewer systems in, those people that brave the dark can gain a tactical advantage when trying to take a town, and maybe it could be a place for specific rare loot to spawn...I think most of us would go into the sewers just to get a samurai sword....or flamethrower

Theyre LIVING infected. Not undead, therefore they cannot rot away unless they die. Look at africa, no baths there waters too precious. But theyre living, and filthy, but not rotting away.

You just don't quit/get it, do you? Living creatures have inbuilt mechanisms to stop flies from laying maggots in their skin, such as swatting away a fly on their eyelid. Horses and cows evolved tails for this purpose alone, because having maggots in your body is counterproductive to survival. Zombies are not going to notice flies, as they feel nothing, so they won't swat it away.

Living creatures also nurse wounds and scratches they get, which helps prevent the onset of infection. What happens if a zombie gets a cut, genius? Do you think he's going to care? He's going to just keep going, it's going to become gangrenous, and rot will set in; he's not going to find any sort of way to wash it clean and prevent rot because he's a zombie.

I dont care about radiation bobo, this is pretty entertaining here XD

The virus theyre infected with would fight the maggots, the host is whats keeping it alive. It cant lose the host, or it will die. Tapeworms also keep other parasites out the stomach while theyre in, so think of it kinda like that.

P.S

You keep calling me a moron, yet gangrenous isnt even a word <3

I dont care about radiation bobo, this is pretty entertaining here XD

The virus theyre infected with would fight the maggots, the host is whats keeping it alive. It cant lose the host, or it will die. Tapeworms also keep other parasites out the stomach while theyre in, so think of it kinda like that.

Wow you never stop, do you?

"the virus they're infected with will fight the maggots" is a huge logical leap, have you got evidence for that? My evidence was pretty much based on the behaviour of zombies ingame but have you got any evidence that the virus will prevent maggots from living in the flesh?

There are lots of types of zombification in nature, such as the wasp that lays its eggs in a cockroach, that care about the survival of the host only as far as its ability to spread the virus, and length of life after the virus has been spread is of no concern to a virus. Dissemination is more prevalent and desirable in viruses than long term inhabitation, which is why we have viruses like the Ebola virus. The zombies, therefore, are far more likely to be infected with a virus that wants to spread more than it wants to keep the zombies alive [otherwise the zombies would have more self preservation thought left, such as not continuing to walk towards gunfire].

You keep calling me a moron, yet gangrenous isnt even a word <3

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gangrenous

I'm calling you a moron because you are being one. Morons are incapable of using Google before saying something doesn't exist, for example.

Theyre not zombified, theyre infexted. Look at 28 Days Later, Rocket said theyre more of that type. They moved too much, they never gave flies a chance to lay eggs.

Whatever, radiation makes sense. Theres a shizton of Chernarus not even ingame, we play on the coastal part of the country. And it was nuked in A2, and dont say its noncanon. Without A2, then there would be no UN presence, such as all the weatern gear now seen. Theyd protext their own before comin to Chernarus.

You just dont want it because you couldnt camp for 4 hours straight.

Would be awesome if they'd slowly extend the map and adding a much bigger and more populated place with nuclear powerplants, but there should be no spawns there, that would be where the fully geared and car "owners" would go.

All we need is nuclear plant and some random earthquakes, and obv after restart everything is back to normal.

So basically nuclear disaster could happen like any second.

Also winds could move fallout a bit here and there.

If this was implimented, half of the current map would be unaccessible for most players due to radiation, later as a separate map, why not?

They could expand the map when the beta arrives, like much bigger towns and places in the northern - western part

Cool, my player will die of radiation poisoning in a few months. Or maybe my character will only get cancer and maybe last a year or two.