VonHabdekeiten

Green Mountain.

Should just have a huge horde of zombies spawn behind you at random times. Like 100+ zombies

Wow only a 100?! Thats almost enough to crash the server! Or make up 1/4 of the zombie population on the server!

Things that would be cool

• Darker atmosphere
  • constant cloud cover
  • denser bushes 
  • compass not working 
  • more noises 
  • Electrical devices only work intermittently eg torches, radios 
  • fog

Things that wouldn't be cool

• Ghosts
  • Anything that effects your players sight sound or movement
  • Anything supernatural 
  • Any human voices played over radio's. Sound OK, just not audible voices. It should spark imagination that is all. 
  • Like 4

perhaps they should make it like there was a forest fire and you are walking through burnt out woods.

It's so weird. The other night I had a dream that I was playing DayZ and I was in the NE airfield and in the jail building in the top room and inside that was a green mountain back pack.

A GREEN MOUNTAIN backpack!!!!

At last she has called me!! I must go there as soon as I can but I don't know what for or why....

Things that would be cool

• Darker atmosphere
  • constant cloud cover
  • denser bushes 
  • compass not working 
  • more noises 
  • Electrical devices only work intermittently eg torches, radios 
  • fog

Things that wouldn't be cool

• Ghosts
  • Anything that effects your players sight sound or movement
  • Anything supernatural 
  • Any human voices played over radio's. Sound OK, just not audible voices. It should spark imagination that is all. 

Everything except ghosts...not sure on the supernatural side either.

• Like 1

I don't get the thing with Green Mountain, it's a dead radio tower and a great place for me to eat my lunch! 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_station

This is what green mountain is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UVB-76

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_of_Russia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Free_Europe/Radio_Liberty

...and that is not all, there is more... like a TV-comercial.

IRL the "cold war" tranmitter in Ucraina has recently started to transmit... no one can explain why. And it transmits coded  series of numbers wich yet are uncoded... a lot o rumors about that if you google about.

So, my friend, shiver... and stay away from green mountain...

You could just give it that atmosphere.

In Red Dead I was actually scared of the town... Can't remember the name but it had a mansion , but just because when you first go in the town bar a glass bottle falls over.

I was so sure there was going to be a ghostly figure somewhere I was scared to return.

For green mountain you can have the creaking of the antenna in the wind, it could occasionally sound like a voice?!? You could have more bodies, strange zombie behaviour like there is something special about green mountain.

You could have a few horror style rooms, a really crude mask spawn in a pile of blood?

When nobody is there a light could turn on in an un enterable part of the antenna, sparking all kinds of stories.

Radio signals too, there should be pre recordings of survivors reporting strange happenings and asking for help on loop all part of a bigger story maybe.

Maybe the odd zombie could get a random command to trek off in a direct line for green mountain.

There should never be anything 100% provably strange like a ghost AI or anything.

Just strange scary stuff, not too OTT.

• Like 1

that first picture... if i saw something like that i would literately just shit.

• Like 2

I think the dense dead end forest is the way to go to start it off being hard and scary enough to get up to GM... thats a super good idea before anything supernatural which I'm sure will never see its way into the game

And alot of cars blocking the road with zombies would be ideal to stop plays taking the easy route up the hill like in the horror of green mountain video

Edited by liquidcactus