VonHabdekeiten

Green Mountain.

Make it freaky. I don't care how you do it, just do it. Make it so that no one will even dare look upon it no more. Make it so that anyone walking by is forever changed, touched by the evil sleeping there, touched by... the Mountain.

Basically, I'm simply suggesting adding things that would make that place creepy (big gray-blackish clouds or night falls upon you when you enter the forest around it, similar to Oblivion when you approach a gate to Oblivion/really weird noises coming from around/fog/zombies spawn real close or behind you/ something follows you your whole trip there/etc.

What do you guys think? Good or bad idea? Why?

What else could the devs do to make it scary/creepy? (*edit: please do give me your ideas, to stick with realism and what not)

Should we develop upon and feed the legend Green Mountain already is?

Some pictures to boil up the fear already taking root in your hearts:

Swamp_Monster.jpg

The+Slender+Man.jpg
BVKJy.jpg

dayz-the-horror-of-green-moutain.jpg

Edited by VonHabdekeiten
  • Like 6

I would like to see dayz as a more or less realistic game, so Id say no to anything supernatural.

• Like 1

I would like to see dayz as a more or less realistic game, so Id say no to anything supernatural.

I'm not really saying to make it unnatural, simply to creep it up a little. Just so people won't like going there or nearby. My ideas were just that : ideas. I do agree with your will of sticking with realism and the lack of it in my ideas. What would you have in mind instead?

Edited by VonHabdekeiten
  • Like 2

If they will add something there, the area will be swarming with players.

I love horror, so I would love to have horror elements in it, especially cause it's considered a survival horror.

Wish I knew how to make games :p

• Like 2

indeed it will

indeed it will

They could make it hard to be there, so that only geared up people might consider the challenge, no matter what there is to be found by the tower and its woods.

Making the forest denser in parts, with maze like trails leading through it, loads of dead ends etc might be really interesting.

The dense forest might make it much darker also.

Then parties of survivors are likely to get separated and easy to pick of one by one.

Zombies creeping on you, following you down dead ends.

And have lootable dead bodies in parts of the forest too, survivors that didn't make it.

Also, another suggestion on this forum to add fog could work very well in a deep, dark, dense forest.

Lose your bearings like crazy.

Make the destination/summit worthwhile by having some decent loot and spots to stash gear etc.

• Like 2

Don't the random can opening, item stacking and reloading noises creep you out enough up there?

• Like 6

Any creature that follows me will feel the wrath of my SKS.

What if it is unseen..? You know, those steps you seem to hear right at your back, only to find nothing but fog, the breathing, the noises that come up to you from afar and haunt you, the silhouettes you seem to see by some trees only to find out it's some crooked dead shrub. What if the only thing that is stalking you is your own mind, or maybe the mountain itself and the shadow of it's dead radio broadcast tower...?

To add some ideas, we could put some transmission that can be heard by anyone with a walkie-talkie. It could be a bunch of weird noises playing on loop, maybe some satanic incomprehensible monologue barely audible in static and what not or simply the one that was supposed to be heard in the mod, saying "We are no longer alive! The subject could not be contained!" and  "This message will be played automatically if station is unattended", with the coordinates for the deer stands playing afterwards.

Edited by VonHabdekeiten

I'd be happy with some evidence of evil shit having gone on at Green Mountain - bodies hanging from the tower, dried blood everywhere, a ton of expended casings, etc

I just want a bigfoot in the game.

P.S. They do exist, I once saw one in my backyard.

All of this is still too supernatural for me. I don't just walk up a certain hill and then storm clouds roll in. As for the soviet laboratory thing that was described at great length...I like it to a point. Forget that part about the virus missiles that's just silly; and the ghost stuff. But I like the secret lab.

Adding to what I said before it would be interesting if the developers used Green Mountain as a basis for a better back story to how the infection started.

Here is just a quick example I thought up.

Green Mountain:

Green mountain is an abandoned military installation located in the country of Chernarus  at grid 037093. From the outside it appears to be a radio or "numbers" tower but underneath lies a much more secretive facility.

Before the fall of the CCCP Green Mountain was used as a testing site for biological and chemical weapons that the Kremlin did not want to test inside of Russia. Inside the radio station there is a hidden blast door that leads to a facility deep underground that was once used to develop horrific viral and chemical compounds that were tested on political prisoners held inside the facility. The scientists developed a virus in the 1980s that caused an infected individual to become violent, lose judgement and common sense, and cease to display any human emotion. The scientists were amazed at it's ability to turn the most sane humans into rage filled animals. The virus was only transmittable through saliva to blood and blood to blood contact. Over the next several years they worked on ways to control the infected with audio and radio to make them more practical for military use. As the Soviet Union crumbled the Kremlin ordered that the scientists be shot and the facility sealed. Rumor has it there is still stockpiles of soviet military firearms, ammunition, rations and medical supplies inside the facility.

Outside the facility the forest is littered with mass graves filled with the charred remains of the unwilling experiments. They say the pain of those who died radiates from the ground and seeps from the mountain like the stench of death. Those who brave the woods often claim they feel as if eyes are on them. Some say you can hear the equipment and guns rattle of the soldiers who once walked through the cursed woods. 

Just before the infection began a group of communist mercenaries went up to green mountain and opened the welded facility doors. The communists hoped to find weapons that would help them in there fight to fly the hammer and sickle over Chernarus once again. Inside they located a large control panel inside the most secure section of the bunker. Once they had managed to turn the facilities' power on they inspected the panel. What happened next was the most devastating blow the human race has ever been dealt. They accidentally launched the facilities' missiles containing the virus the scientists had developed all those years ago. Most of the missiles had been damaged from neglect and blew up over Chernarus, spreading the viral agent into the air to be breathed in by her citizens, but some made it much farther. 

Nobody knows for sure why the infected are attracted to Green Mountain. Some say that evil things live in evil places but the survivors that were oce men of science say that the tower still emits a signal that for whatever reason drags the infected in like moths to a light.

Thanks for reading. Just an idea I thought up while bored at work haha. 

Would also be interesting if more sites around Chernarus were added in where you could find more pieces to the puzzle of how it all went down.

Brilliant!

Edited by VonHabdekeiten

What about adding a creepy dark cavern with small luminiscent mushrooms around and a few old skeletons + post-apocalypse corpses, or left-overs from cannibalistic group that lived there. With a chance of some rare loot of course, like some old shitty night vision goggles after survivors, who didn't make it.

What if it is unseen..? You know, those steps you seem to hear right at your back, only to find nothing but fog, the breathing, the noises that come up to you from afar and haunt you, the silhouettes you seem to see by some trees only to find out it's some crooked dead shrub. What if the only thing that is stalking you is your own mind, or maybe the mountain itself and the shadow of it's dead radio broadcast tower...?

To add some ideas, we could put some transmission that can be heard by anyone with a walkie-talkie. It could be a bunch of weird noises playing on loop, maybe some satanic incomprehensible monologue barely audible in static and what not or simply the one that was supposed to be heard in the mod, saying "We are no longer alive! The subject could not be contained!" and  "This message will be played automatically if station is unattended", with the coordinates for the deer stand playing afterwards.

Then players would catch on to it quickly and it would end up being a place of instant death, not of anything supernatural, but of bandits hiding with Mosins and the soon-to-come SVD.

except they make place to hard survive and to the north so nowone who have nothing would go there and ppl who have good stuff Wont risk it so few ppl would go there. And good idea +1 Edited by valtsu99

I don't get the thing with Green Mountain, it's a dead radio tower and a great place for me to eat my lunch! 

I don't get the thing with Green Mountain, it's a dead radio tower and a great place for me to eat my lunch! 

Don't eat too long mate

haha yeah right... zombies very realistic dude...

i support this idea, put in some strange stuff in the game that ppl get to investigate so we got more to do than just kill eachother, whould be nice if rocket concidered this =)

radio transmissions are not supernatural, neither are hidden stuff like underground tunnels like on the namalsk map. mabye meke it possible for players to investigate what triggered the outbreake, etc etc id like to see some creepy stuff in this game, and in the end the most unrealistic part of the game are still gonna be zombies..

Edited by Plaguetongue

Make it freaky. I don't care how you do it, just do it. Make it so that no one will even dare look upon it no more. Make it so that anyone walking by is forever changed, touched by the evil sleeping there, touched by... the Mountain.

Basically, I'm simply suggesting adding things that would make that place creepy (big gray-blackish clouds or night falls upon you when you enter the forest around it, similar to Oblivion when you approach a gate to Oblivion/really weird noises coming from around/fog/zombies spawn real close or behind you/ something follows you your whole trip there/etc.

What do you guys think? Good or bad idea? Why?

What else could the devs do to make it scary/creepy? (*edit: please do give me your ideas, to stick with realism and what not)

Should we develop upon and feed the legend Green Mountain already is?

Some pictures to boil up the fear already taking root in your hearts:

Swamp_Monster.jpg

The+Slender+Man.jpg

BVKJy.jpg

dayz-the-horror-of-green-moutain.jpg

Im up for this, dont want anything supernatural (i know, stupid thing to say in a zombie game), but maybe just noises, kids laughter. Maybe have trigger areas, when u walk in, a figure could pop up in a distance or something. Voices would be the best option.

Whatever is used, shouldnt affect our gameplay, ie cant kill us.

Edited by ld-airgrafix
  • Like 1