Sign in to follow this  
Meenos

Food cooking, soon here ! (picture)

Om non noms. Saw this earlier in the week.

Slowpoke.png

Dean posted a video about it 2 weeks ago. 

10:30 Edited by AntonioAJC

It's working on Experimental. Except you can't put anything in the pots. As far as I can tell, the only change is the addition of slots in the pots, and the above picture of the pot turning red.

If you set it up near a well, you can get the pot to smoke.

I have become quite partial to my cold beans and spaghetti now. Maybe, just maybe, I may treat myself to a warm dinner if the special occasion ever arises.

:D

Edited by Nuggit

It's working on Experimental. Except you can't put anything in the pots. As far as I can tell, the only change is the addition of slots in the pots, and the above picture of the pot turning red.

If you set it up near a well, you can get the pot to smoke.

It's always good to get the pot to smoke.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if cooked / warm food will have a different effect on your char than, let's say, cold friggin beanz out of a can. Maybe faster healing of some sorts or better endurance ? 

Afterall, in a survival situation, warm and cooked food is probably of great comfort, at least a psyhological one, nope?

If there is no benefit, nobody will bother and stick instead to cold beanz and tuna. 

Red

you can get the pot to smoke.

I got mine last thursday. Carmen dropped if off. 

Edited by liquidcactus

Does anyone know if cooked / warm food will have a different effect on your char than, let's say, cold friggin beanz out of a can. Maybe faster healing of some sorts or better endurance ? 

Afterall, in a survival situation, warm and cooked food is probably of great comfort, at least a psyhological one, nope?

If there is no benefit, nobody will bother and stick instead to cold beanz and tuna. 

Red

I doubt it will affect Canned food, As you can eat it cold. However, Raw rice is rather dangerous to eat, Dean mentioned that you'd have to cook it once cooking is implemented, Aswell as meat once hunting is in.

So can we cook now in 0.42.116181 ?

• Gear: Rabbit leg, boar steak and chicken breasts added
  • Gear: Fresh and rotten tomato configured and spawning on the server
  • Gear: Fresh and rotten potato configured and spawning on the server
  • Gear: Fresh and rotten Green Bell Pepper configured and spawning on the server
Edited by Furyk

Red

Generally, the warmer food is, the easier it is to digest. On the other hand, the "raw-er" food is, the more nutrients it will have. Food loses some nutrition when it gets cooked. Ideally, in a survival situation, you only want to cook your food enough to ensure it is safe to eat (think meat cooked rare, vegetables warmed up), and boil literally EVERYTHING, then drink the resulting broth.

Or you could just loot food from buildings as before and eat that?  I dont understand why at this point in the games development the devs feel cooking is where they should be dedicating their time..I just dont see it being adopted by many of the players.