Sign in to follow this  
Zjasuu

Let's talk about the Long Range Scope.

Thank you, was wondering if it was just me.

Back on topic, Should the lrs be a craftable item in the future (lens+duct tape+metal frame)

I feel that maybe binoculars should be craftable, that's just my opinion.

I like the idea of crafting here. Maybe not for the LRS from scratch, but in repair maybe. Binocs should be craft able off of nearly any optic IMO. I'd just like the ability to look through the scope without it being attached as a near term option.

• Like 1

I come across them fairly often tbh.

Same, though I guess it should be mentioned that when I come across them, it's usually on the corpse of a fully kitted server hopper.  I think I've only found one that wasn't in someone elses possession.  It was on the balcony of the ATC at NEAF.  Already had 2 at that point, so I picked it up and dropped it outside the door of one of the military prison buildings.  Next fella there was either really happy, or really suspicious of a trap.

Considering I have at least 8-10 scopes laying around my home they should be allot less rare lol. I mean Cherno is rural like my neck of the wood. This kind of stuff nearly grows on the tree's outside...

I play on the 40/40 and haven't found one since 2 patches ago. Hoppers and the guys who take multiples fuck everyone else. Which is fine by me cause now I just hide every Mosin I find. I run from Berinzo to Bolota and hit all the Mosin spawns to make sure I don't leave anything behind.

If I can't have my half you can't have yours..

Pointless though with all the duping. But with the next patch I'll be back in business.

Edited by RyBo
  • Like 3

LRS is a military scope with 3 different adjustments. Most people irl use 3x9 scopes. i have like 4 3x9 scopes at my house right now and a few 4x scopes for .22 plinking rifles.

LRS is just as common as the fnx.

No, this just isnt true. Many of us have gone to 100hrs without finding one while FNX would be found commonly at each play session. I finally found a LRS (pristine) in a NWAF hangar just recently for the first time!

I've never had a overly retarded problem with snipers. either avoid the areas they're likely to be or learn how to counter them. if you have an m4 you have the odds at closer range. Playing vs snipers here is no different than playing BF or cod. If you want to increase the amount of spawns for LRS then also increase the number of non-pristine scopes.

Umm, no it's not.

They spawn in hangars, ATC and barracks. I'm sorry you have bad luck but I find them all the time and until they fix the quality affecting use of it anyone you find is dead on accurate.

the lrs is out there. bunks, hangars, police station, TEC building, schools, shipwreck...and on and on.

they are NOT that hard to find.

Pointless though with all the duping. But with the next patch I'll be back in business.

OOOOH, so that's what it was all about when me and my friends found 7 long range scopes from 2 guys we shot...

Edit: what about the new patch? They're gonna increase LRS spawns or fix the tent spawns?

Edited by Zjasuu

They just need more variety in optics. I mean, not only are most bugged (in terms of zoom) but there's only a few options. 

I'd like to see the PU scope (and future civilian optic analogs) have realistic magnification, and the LRS be only for railed weapons.

The PU scope should be the equivalent of a civilian hunting scope.

They just need to abide by a better loot system which gives more rarity to certain items, to compensate for the increased number of "military" spawns overall.

- Irons (Standard)

- RDS/Holo (Residential/Military)

- Hunting Scope 6x (Residential/DeerStand/Military)

- ACOG 4x (Military)

- Long-Range Scope (Military)

Sniping is supposed to be unfair, that's what makes it scary/successful. It shouldn't have a guaranteed "counter" as in conventional video game "balance". You're getting sniped at, find cover, suppress/snipe back, dip out. Rinse and repeat. Nothing wrong with long-range sniping at all, it's much better in my opinion than the mod where one could find a DMR around every corner.

Edited by Katana67

I haven't had much trouble finding the LRS. I've found it most commonly in the hangers and military barrakcs but I've found the LRS in the supermarket, garages, piano house and those orange brick buildings with the arched doorway.

So it does spawn in civilian locations, just not as frequently.

Snipers are not OP, you just need to adjust your strategies.

Binoculars definitely need to be added right away.

Long Range Sights should not be craftable. There is an insane amount of work that goes into making optics. Doubtful that you could even repair them adequately.

Edited by Valadain

120hrs logged and not once killed by a sniper. When you see a bridge that may have a troll underneath it, find another bridge or blow it up.

I've had countless LRS's never used them once.

Long Range Sights should not be craftable. There is an insane amount of work that goes into making optics. Doubtful that you could even repair them adequately.

amen

• Like 1

What about his question of how to use a worn or damaged lrs?   I just found my first lrs but its damaged.  Does it pull to the left or right?

• Like 1

I haven't had much trouble finding the LRS. I've found it most commonly in the hangers and military barrakcs but I've found the LRS in the supermarket, garages, piano house and those orange brick buildings with the arched doorway.

So it does spawn in civilian locations, just not as frequently.

Civilian buildings DO NOT spawn LR scopes, or at least I haven't found a single one ever, and I have played 230 hours. Someone must have dropped them.

Considering I have at least 8-10 scopes laying around my home they should be allot less rare lol. I mean Cherno is rural like my neck of the wood. This kind of stuff nearly grows on the tree's outside...

I play on the 40/40 and haven't found one since 2 patches ago. Hoppers and the guys who take multiples fuck everyone else. Which is fine by me cause now I just hide every Mosin I find. I run from Berinzo to Bolota and hit all the Mosin spawns to make sure I don't leave anything behind.

If I can't have my half you can't have yours..

The only dupe that still works is duping primary weapons, right?    And you must have two primaries to dupe.

They killed the clone dupe.  Is there any other way to dupe now?  My point is, not much duping is possible now.

The only dupe that still works is duping primary weapons, right?    And you must have two primaries to dupe.

They killed the clone dupe.  Is there any other way to dupe now?  My point is, not much duping is possible now.

For the none informed: You can literally dupe your character. So when you log back onto the server a 2nd time your character has a clone that's standing there being controlled by the AI. It moves around in place. Like arm sway etc. Any-who you can then kill him and loot all your gear off him and or pass to your homie.

Last patch all you had to do basically was log in twice quickly. When it said "Ready" you exited. Then rejoined to find your clone.

I'd try Youtube if you want to know how they do it...I've done it on accident once before and have seen it done twice this patch. Ive at least seen the standing clones. No ones come up to offer a full clone like before so it must not be common. I've had a guy ask if I wanted a dupped gun. Ended up shooting him right after he asked outta spite so not sure how that's done.

The new cloning may just be an hack. Ive seen the speed scripts and ESP already. Been so long since the last patch it's a possibility.

Edited by RyBo

What about his question of how to use a worn or damaged lrs?   I just found my first lrs but its damaged.  Does it pull to the left or right?

No its the same accuracy, just lens is cracked

I think my LRS is damaged, but I don't remember a crack at all. The PU scope is definitely showing cracks when damaged though.

I think my LRS is damaged, but I don't remember a crack at all. The PU scope is definitely showing cracks when damaged though.

they all have different properties. my badly damaged LRS shot high and to the left. got a worn and it shoots just to right. i think the red dot scopes that are damaged show cracks to make visibility hard. dunno about the pu though. no cracks on LRS i've seen.