Sign in to follow this  
Zjasuu

Let's talk about the Long Range Scope.

It now seems that the LRS is becoming the hardest item to get in the game, tents don't spawn it anymore and server hoppers loot them from the airfields.

After the tents have stopped spawning them I have found them only from other players, mainly in Electro and a couple scopes from the NWAF hangars. 

I think that LRS should spawn in garages (like the PU scopes), barns, farm houses and on the roofs of tenement buildings. I'm not saying it should be a common item to find, but now it's just stupidly rare. I also don't like it that I have to go to an airfield just to get a scope which could as well be used for hunting animals, so farm house should spawn them. 

I then have a question, has anyone used damaged and worn LR scopes? How much do they change the accuracy? 

Second question, has there been any info if the military tents are going to start spawning loot again? I remember reading about it in some of the changelogs but only as a know bug.

LRS encourage a playstyle that is crazy OP at the moment.

As soon as I get one and Mosin, I'm averaging 20 kills until I get bored and try to CQB with a pistol and eventually die.

There is currently no counter to a sniper right now, except for another sniper.

• Like 4

I think that the lrs should spawn on the clock tower in Cherno, that way the only way people can find it is by climbing on the clock tower and revealing themselves. 

I think the lrs should not spawn inside residential because the fact that it is rare makes it that much more worth it once you find one.

That's my take on.....HELICOPTERS LRS

Its still pretty common i still find them @ NW airfield alot. HAve 3 in my inventory right now (i dont leave them for others + some friend might need one. 

But I agree its to OP atm and I actualy feel they should be more rare. Only spawn in shit exposed areas (top of ATC tower for instance) or something to make them less accesable. 

LRS is just as common as the fnx.

Umm, no it's not.

I have a counter proposal - make it even more rare or eliminate it and add binoculars or spotting scopes to residential areas. Evens the playing field and would give me no reason to join the airfield death match.

• Like 5

Nah we need a tone more LRS so that the ratio of player snipers vs people in cities is 80/20 in sniper favor. Fun game. 

Edited by Mopa
  • Like 1

I have a counter proposal - make it even more rare or eliminate it and add binoculars or spotting scopes to residential areas. Evens the playing field and would give me no reason to join the airfield death match.

Binocs is the one thing I have been wanting since the release, how they're not in the game yet is beyond me. Also I wouldn't need a LRS if I had binocs, but until I do, I want to have a LRS with me at all times.

• Like 4

I find them all the time..

On bodies.

So they cant be that rare.. also, there is a loot spot I bet you're overlooking that everytime I check it, it has 2-4 weapon attachments of varying types. But I have yet to see an LRS in quite a while at any loot spot.

Binoculars are a must, really needs to be added.

Also, they need to make variations of the lrs, make it so that some scopes work better on certain guns.

This means that even though you have an lrs, you still need to find a better one to suit your rifle.

• Like 2

They are in the hangers mostly - if you can get there in time. Just be sure and smile for the snipers as you pause.... :)

Binoculars are a must, really needs to be added.

Also, they need to make variations of the lrs, make it so that some scopes work better on certain guns.

This means that even though you have an lrs, you still need to find a better one to suit your rifle.

also, quoting myself (like a certified A-hole) I would also like to add that the scopes should appear in different zooms, reticules, and conditions.

I just lost my LRS by putting it on my SKS not realizing it doesnt work and it poofed.  Bye bye.....

I find them all the time..

On bodies.

So they cant be that rare.. also, there is a loot spot I bet you're overlooking that everytime I check it, it has 2-4 weapon attachments of varying types. But I have yet to see an LRS in quite a while at any loot spot.

A certain off the road spot? With quite a few loot spots in a low traffic area far *redacted* of a certain military loot spot? I think I know what you're talking about. Haven't found scopes there yet, every other mod drops like crazy though. Just figured out how rich those inconspicuous buildings can be in loot from that spot.

A certain off the road spot? With quite a few loot spots in a low traffic area far *redacted* of a certain military loot spot? I think I know what you're talking about. Haven't found scopes there yet, every other mod drops like crazy though. Just figured out how rich those inconspicuous buildings can be in loot from that spot.

And what spot are we talking about exactly?

The rarity is good. It shouldn't be something to aquire easily. People needing the LRS badly are mostly bambyhunters that were to nooby for Arma anyway. ^^

The rarity is good. It shouldn't be something to aquire easily. People needing the LRS badly are mostly bambyhunters that were to nooby for Arma anyway. ^^

Too nooby for arma? LOL

Also since there aren't any binocs in the game LRS is a very useful tool.

• Like 1

I come across them fairly often tbh.

Too nooby for arma? LOL

Also since there aren't any binocs in the game LRS is a very useful tool.

I feel it should be a privalege rather than a given too.

The binoculars should be way more common than the lrs.

Also, off topic, do deer stands spawn loot?

I feel it should be a privalege rather than a given too.

The binoculars should be way more common than the lrs.

Also, off topic, do deer stands spawn loot?

As long as there are no binocs LRS should have a higher spawn rate IMO.

No, dear stands don't spawn anything.

Not that I've ever found in standalone.

Thank you, was wondering if it was just me.

Back on topic, Should the lrs be a craftable item in the future (lens+duct tape+metal frame)

I feel that maybe binoculars should be craftable, that's just my opinion.