Chukozy

Ban wave within the next maintenance?

Today I was confronted by hackers 3 times.
Hacker #1 was shooting infinite rounds and saw me behind walls with his "ESP" I guess.
Hacker #2 killed my friend flying around with a M4 and his infinite rounds.
Hacker #3 Teleported right in front of me and and shot me down the millisecond he appeared in front of me.

EDIT: All on different servers.

Don't even attempt to justify these situations. I know what I saw, and they were cheating. Period.

Can we expect a ban wave within the next maintenance tomorrow?

Edited by Chukozy
  • Like 1

Hello there

"Ban waves" are never broadcast. And it not just Banwaves that are used.

Regardless, your question is answered.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

I have never encountered hackers in the standalone.  I have seen very few videos with definite proof.

Also I don't like ban waves.  I say just ban em as you see em.  Ban waves can result in mistakes.  

Also I think a topic just ask if a ban wave is coming is a bit unnecessary.  Remember its the alpha so the antihack hasn't been fleshed out yet.  Though I have been seeing a lot of hackers whining on their hacker forums about being banned.  So the battle eye+ VAC is already doing better then the mod.    

Edited by harley001

Expect a ton of  "Alpha" or "I have 200+ hours and I have yet to see a player using hacks." comments as a result of your post.  

I know these types of players exist and are becoming more and more frequent.  I have run into players like them more than once.  It's one thing to die in a legitimate firefight, or even to get KOS'd lame as that is, and its an entirely different thing to get killed by a cheater.  I would hope for a new wave of bans as soon as Battleye updates which occurred the other day I think or with every update but don't expect the devs to put too much time into it for now until the game goes to Beta phase.  

For now its hard to swallow, but swallow you must.  

Edited by Cannon76

I'm looking forward to the:
"OMG WTF MY GAMEZ R ALL GONE BCUSE BE!! ;("

So happy every time I'm allowed to read something like this  :blush:

Expect a ton of  "Alpha" or "I have 200+ hours and I have yet to see a player using hacks." comments as a result of your post.  

I know these types of players exist and are becoming more and more frequent.  I have run into players like them more than once.  It's one thing to die in a legitimate firefight, or even to get KOS'd lame as that is, and its an entirely different thing to get killed by a cheater.  I would hope for a new wave of bans as soon as Battleye updates which occurred the other day I think or with every update but don't expect the devs to put too much time into it for now until the game goes to Beta phase.  

I have perhaps 1000+ hours of DayZ played and I have never seen someone I could definitely say was cheating. I guess I'm just lucky like that :)

To answer OP's questions, BE bans are not dependent on any patches. As a matter of fact I had an issue on the feedback tracker that was posted yesterday, where a player linked steam profiles of two hackers he encountered. When I reviewed the situation today, both of those players had already received their bans.

• Like 4

well the people that u saw were playin somewhat smart by not playing during peak hours you have much less chance of getting banned such as wednsday morning or afternoon, during the weekends hacking is a big no no and you will almost defantly be caught in one of the scans. hopefully they are just letting the hackers play and they will do one huge banwave. that would be great

I love the Rust forums because a LOT of hackers get on and whine they were banned for no reason.

That community is FULL of online detectives who link the OP of those threads to an admitted hacker on a hack site through all times of sorcery (not just someone being stupid and using the same user name on the hack site that they use for Steam)

• Like 1

I just wonder what you guys are doing differently that makes certain players see it AGAIN AND AGAIN, whereas so many of us have NEVER, EVER seen any evidence of anything worse than wall clipping.

Maybe it'd be more helpful if you guys, instead of taking it as "What are you doing wrong?" took it more as "How are you playing the game differently from other people?"

There has to be a reason the distribution is so lopsided.

And if someone comes around genuinely calling you names and saying that cheating never happens, have you tried ignoring them for the jerkass that they probably are?

• Like 2

I've only had one questionable encounter, can't say for certain that it wasn't a desync but distance traveled up three flights, no audible footsteps, short time my back was turned...fishy, but nothing that screams hacker.

I'm looking forward to the:

"OMG WTF MY GAMEZ R ALL GONE BCUSE BE!! ;("

So happy every time I'm allowed to read something like this  :blush:

TBH innocent people do get banned.

Friend got banned during the mod days and he told me all he did was alt tabbing while playing Dayz and opening the command prompt. Maby he was lying but I wouldn't know why he would.

Friend got banned during the mod days and he told me all he did was alt tabbing while playing Dayz and opening the command prompt. Maby he was lying but I wouldn't know why he would.

Your friend was definitely lying...

Alt/Tab + command prompt?  ahahahahahahaha

Hello there

That would not get you banned.

Rgds

LoK

I just wonder what you guys are doing differently that makes certain players see it AGAIN AND AGAIN, whereas so many of us have NEVER, EVER seen any evidence of anything worse than wall clipping.

Maybe it'd be more helpful if you guys, instead of taking it as "What are you doing wrong?" took it more as "How are you playing the game differently from other people?"

There has to be a reason the distribution is so lopsided.

And if someone comes around genuinely calling you names and saying that cheating never happens, have you tried ignoring them for the jerkass that they probably are?

You see most cheating in the Elektro pvp fest tbh. If you wipe a squad and they get butthurt I expect to have someone teleport onto my position and kill me from behind as i sit in a secure building I've been camping for about 20 mins and no it's not ghosting as my squadmates would see that happening and kill them like we kill all the other ghosters.

These days I just keep out of Elektro and fight elsewhere and have not had any problems since.

• Like 1

I've encountered "hackers" on SA, and I appreciate it's very very difficult to be 100% sure that someone is and it's not a glitch, lag or desych issue, however I am pretty sure it was. However there is considerably less hackers on SA than on the mod, and as the game is still in Alpha and the codebase constantly changing I can only imagine that hacks will be closed off while others opened up. That's just the nature of things. We'll never get rid of them (I've been playing online FPS for over 15 years now and there's always been hackers). However once the game becomes more developed I am sure the devs will look into fixing all the sensible holes in the code. Until then it's just a case of sucking it up. As I say, there is far less hacking in this than on the mod.

• Like 1

I think we can expect ban wave pretty soon as there is outbreak of hackers on servers. Maybe not on next maintenance but soon.

A bunch of guys are going to lose 30 bucks... Maybe more if they're stupid people that pay for hacking softwares like, 15 dollars a month or something.

Today I was confronted by hackers 3 times.

Hacker #1 was shooting infinite rounds and saw me behind walls with his "ESP" I guess.

Hacker #2 killed my friend flying around with a M4 and his infinite rounds.

Hacker #3 Teleported right in front of me and and shot me down the millisecond he appeared in front of me.

EDIT: All on different servers.

Don't even attempt to justify these situations. I know what I saw, and they were cheating. Period.

Can we expect a ban wave within the next maintenance tomorrow?

Neuralizer1.png

Take a look here.

You saw nothing!. It was all Desync!.

Now, get on with your regular business.

Edited by Highlander007
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, DayZ hacks do exist.

There are videos, and one of my dumbass 'friends' uploaded a screenshot showing off his ESP. I always wondered how he knew there was PU scope in that building...

Lost a lot of respect for the guy after that.

You see most cheating in the Elektro pvp fest tbh. If you wipe a squad and they get butthurt I expect to have someone teleport onto my position and kill me from behind as i sit in a secure building I've been camping for about 20 mins and no it's not ghosting as my squadmates would see that happening and kill them like we kill all the other ghosters.

These days I just keep out of Elektro and fight elsewhere and have not had any problems since.

Yeah, to be fair, I try and PVP in the field where they're more likely to be standing and unaware, not in a place like Elektro. Also, I can't stand sitting in the same building for more than four or five minutes. Feels too exposed, when playing solo at least.

I'm guessing playstyle is a huge part of it, for the simple fact that people avoiding the most obvious PvP spots are never going to show up on the radar of a hacker/exploiter.

Dunno what to say, man, other than start stalking and camp less. You should be able to play however you want, though, of course. Hopefully, they'll be able to get a lid on most of the worst stuff.

Edited by McGarnagle

most applications on the typical hack of a signature read displays every player and the distance to that player on the game HUD ..you can't hide... there should be a way of denying every other non vital proccess than the game from running

I've run into about 7 or 8 I'd say. Probably more. One at the very start of this video:

One through this entire video:

They definitely exist.

Edited by Vigilante_Gamer