Nesuma (DayZ)

Standoff situation

Hey my fellow players,

What would you think of this new function:
You and another person are pointing your guns at the other ones head. Then one of you shoots. Yet, the person who shot first would've survived

But would you like to see that if you get shot, you shoot back due to reflexes (just searched the internet, it seems to be possible)?

Just pull the trigger and spray your magazine (with extreme recoil because you wont adjust it anymore).
This should only happen if you're aiming in this moment, I think this would change the KoS to an even better thing. You can't afford just to ran in front of a guy and shoot him. You would have to try to be silent and fast.

It wouldn't be that hard to implement (I guess :D ) and make a big difference imo.

(btw. , do you know if they are going to change the amounts of ammonition spawned? Not only full magazines or boxes and more small amounts of bullets?
I thought that I read and noticed something like this in the beginning of SA but now I dont see it anymore?)

Edited by Nesuma
  • Like 7

in that situation in real life at least if you had your finger on the trigger and you were shot your muscles would tense and you would fire a shot or two if its full auto probably empty a mag. in hostage situations that's why snipers always go for the fatal T it destroys the brain stem so the body just drops it doesn't tense and hence pull the trigger. I hope these kinds of things come into SA especially the fatal T hit box especially when ragdoll physics are introduced.

• Like 4

in that situation in real life at least if you had your finger on the trigger and you were shot your muscles would tense and you would fire a shot or two if its full auto probably empty a mag. in hostage situations that's why snipers always go for the fatal T it destroys the brain stem so the body just drops it doesn't tense and hence pull the trigger. I hope these kinds of things come into SA especially the fatal T hit box especially when ragdoll physics are introduced.

Exactly, have my beans :D

The impact of the bullet would throw your arm off unless you were hit by a lousy peashooter.  But yes when the human body is suddenly hurt or jerked the brain tells the hand to clench into a fist.    

Uuh, wasnt aware that was a fact in real life, but sounds absolutely logical, that would be awesome, and I know where that idea came from (read your post on your standoff...)

Uuh, wasnt aware that was a fact in real life, but sounds absolutely logical, that would be awesome, and I know where that idea came from (read your post on your standoff...)

Which post :D?

And to the others: Yes, I was thinking about the risk of attacking someone, most of the time it is not dangerous at all, because you 1 hit or knock him unconscious (which is great) but then I fought that this shouldn't be every time. I really hope they will implement it, just think about: You hear one shot and then immediatly 3-10 (or what ever) and you know that somebody just got shot and you've the possibilty to get him now or get away safely.

KoS for life! :D

Edited by Nesuma

I don't think we need automatic triggerfingers. Besides, if you're shot in the head, you'll most likely simply collapse. 

I suggested this in my incapacitation section of my thread about the player also. I feel it should be done since it is an involuntary reflex of the muscles, it's one of the things that makes close quarters combat extremely dangerous.

• Like 1

Looking at the posts it makes me wonder, to consider most of the situations you can think of, would you guys find it intresting/realistic "enough" to actually have a more or less random amount of time (a few seconds) after being shot and before having the dead screen pop up, which would allow you to fire your gun one last time as your character falls to the ground? after which you would have a dying animation and your screen progressively gets darker as the "your dead" appears. Head shots wouldn't allow something the player to do anything and the shoot would go off as the player crumples on the ground (which would move the cross-hair a bit). This is far from perfect but it might be a good start and would make a better distinction between dead and dying... This would also be useful to understand how you died as it isn't always very obvious from what I gathered from one of today's thread.

I think it should be a random chance say 50% to automatically happen if you are knocked down(incapacitated) when you have your weapon in your hands. I mean we are playing normal people, most don't know to keep their fingers out of the trigger guard until firing.

Even just for entertainment value it would be hilarious to watch a guy accidently discharge his rifle into his buddies leg after taking a bullet in the chest from a sniper

Edited by akafugitive
  • Like 1

Looking at the posts it makes me wonder, to consider most of the situations you can think of, would you guys find it intresting/realistic "enough" to actually have a more or less random amount of time (a few seconds) after being shot and before having the dead screen pop up, which would allow you to fire your gun one last time as your character falls to the ground? after which you would have a dying animation and your screen progressively gets darker as the "your dead" appears. Head shots wouldn't allow something the player to do anything and the shoot would go off as the player crumples on the ground (which would move the cross-hair a bit). This is far from perfect but it might be a good start and would make a better distinction between dead and dying... This would also be useful to understand how you died as it isn't always very obvious from what I gathered from one of today's thread.

I could live with this but as I read the only shot where you collapse immediatly would be one into the neck (the part where the spine meets the skull). I don't think that an accurate damage system like this is possible yet so I'd accept the random seconds.

uh give me another card => uh a joker, the triggerhappyafterdeathvengeance- reflex. GET SOME.