thequantum

"Private Servers" exist and it does no good to report them

I have seen the sticky about not reporting servers, but I wanted to discuss what the point is? I have seen a server with "Join = kick" in the title that has been run as a private loot farm for the last two months. I was kicked over a dozen times after the admin said I had to leave because it was a private server. I reported them twice to vilayer and provided screenshots and a video showing evidence of the admin abuse and no action was taken. The hosts do not care because they make money from them. In another thread on this, the Dayz forum team advised to report the host. That has ZERO effect. I have reported at least 5 servers to all of the major hosts and they do not care. I even found a server today that had the BE client set to autokick anyone who had a ping over 70. Why do I spend so much time dodging other players and hours and hours scouring for loot when I could just purchase a private server and loot up to my heart's content, then leave and join another server and kill everyone like these guys do? These guys are clearly violating the rules, and no one is doing anything and it is incredibly frustrating.

I reported this server a week ago, which had "join = kick" in their title. They changed their title, yet continue to kick anyone other than Phenix and Toxic, who are always on the server and use it as a loot farm. Try joining it when anyone is on and you will immediately see the same.

o1gWAsL.jpg

Edited by spooksmcgee
  • Like 19

Is that against ToS or something? I'd love a private server after my third death to starvation on fully populated servers during primetime.

Is that against ToS or something? I'd love a private server after my third death to starvation on fully populated servers during primetime.

Yes, TOS says you have to have certain language in your server name, and that you cannot kick players except for specific conditions. The server I referenced above has actually just changed their name to "Maintenance Join = Kick" to prevent people from joining. There is no maintenance. They are looting up and getting a massive advantage over other people.

^ that means nothing to me. They could pay 500 a month for it and they STILL have to abide by the rules of the server hosting services. If im not wrong you also rent a server? Many of you are honestly no better than spoiled children who have too much disposable income. I cant wait till this gets taken more seriously so i can MURDER all of your loot-farm asses just to hide the bodies with everything on them. 

• Like 16

Those people pay an outrageous price to do what they want with their server. Fk right off

No, they don't. They pay a price to have a server that conforms to the rules they agreed to when they leased the server. At no time when purchasing a server is it conveyed to them that they can "do what they want

with it. Their servers interact with the public servers which other people play on. Are you saying that because they pay money for their own servers, they should have an advantage over everyone else?

• Like 7

BIS need to get more involve >:(

they need to start DOING SOMETHING about abuse

they need to DEFEND INTEGRITY of DayZ SA >:(

They need to say to company who renting server ENFORCE RULES OR LOSE CONTRACT and stop to do business if they fail to do ;)

BIS having all the power but don't use :huh:

COME ON BIS keep dayz clean for your honest customers who paying you moneys :)

stop to put responsibility on player

PAY SOMEONE TO CHECK SERVER LIST make simple one stop report system on forums and do professional service >:(

Edited by KoS
  • Like 25

Actually, it looks like server companies are under pressure. Here's a generic update to all server renters with vilayer..

We are also going to turn off any servers we find breaking these rules as and when we see them so if your server keep turning off, please remove the words "Kick", "Ban", "PVE" from your server to stop this from happening.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be faster for DayZ team to stop the connection between those servers and the central hive?

• Like 3

Wouldn't it be faster for DayZ team to stop the connection between those servers and the central hive?

BIS should put one guy in charge for servers >:(

make post here for report

he doing check etc with server files ;)

if there is problem HE talking to villayer or whoever and arrange server close and ban :)

why is player responsible to get proof go this website contact that company AND AFTER NOTHING HAPPEN? :huh:

• Like 5

MAKE PRIVATE SERVERS POSSIBLE UNLINK THEM FROM THE OTHERS!

It's retarded as shit, that we still DO NOT have private servers.

I hate the public server because of multiple reasons.

I want to play this game with my friends and nobody else, people who bought public servers are idiots.

If you rent a server for DayZ you are basically wasting money for Stalin.

You can't kick, lock etc etc. But seeing we don't have an option for private, people are now making illegal private servers with illegal copies of Dayz.

And for once, I can agree with those who do.

Sure some might like the public server stuff, but some DON'T.

I bought this game, in the hopes they would put private soon, don't give me the crap with "It's alpha"

There are a lot of other games in Alpha who did not forget to make the private servers an option.

But seeing DayZ probably gets a cut of the money that is wasted in public servers, private servers will probably not come any day soon, because money is more important than the people.

DayZ and Rocket were epic imho, the mod was great... But the standalone looks like a cashgrab at the moment.

Why bother releasing in early alpha and telling people not to buy, when you know they will buy regardless..

• Like 3

well... my main problem is when there isnt any notice about ''join=kick'' but the server just says ''clan-server'' and i still get kicked then im like meh okay going to another sever and bam 300sec spawning timer ;D ....

• Like 1

I hate the public server because of multiple reasons.

I want to play this game with my friends and nobody else, people who bought public servers are idiots.

Must be extremely challenging playing with your friends against what? Zombies? Starving? Neither could be a problem cuz zombies are not undead but braindead and food is there enough if you don't have 50 friends stealing your beanz.. think you didn't geht the point of dayz..

If you find joy in hiking with your friends online, I suggest you meet them IRL, will be far more enjoyable and you have more player interaction

• Like 4

Must be extremely challenging playing with your friends against what? Zombies? Starving? Neither could be a problem cuz zombies are not undead but braindead and food is there enough if you don't have 50 friends stealing your beanz.. think you didn't geht the point of dayz..

If you find joy in hiking with your friends online, I suggest you meet them IRL, will be far more enjoyable and you have more player interaction

Your reaction says more about yourself, than about me.

10-20 friends don't have to hike, ever heard about teams? Oops!

I don't annoying idiot server hoppers and idiots that complain about private servers in my server. I want to play with people I like, not with idiot cheating idiots.

well it is pretty fucking clear reading the rules ..players don't have the right to join any server they want. it is clearly not stated in the rules that any player can join any server ..joining without explicit permission (according to current sever rules) will render in you being kicked. the smallest of things for you as an adult ..seeing that you play this game... is to pay for your own server and stop fucking whining already!

Your reaction says more about yourself, than about me.

10-20 friends don't have to hike, ever heard about teams? Oops!

I don't annoying idiot server hoppers and idiots that complain about private servers in my server. I want to play with people I like, not with idiot cheating idiots.

ok i don't get it. you have 10-20 friends and want to make pants-down-party in elektro withouth being disturbed by snipers?

i'd still rather do rl parties than something like that.

Edited by Tikka
  • Like 3

Stop replying to this guy's nonsense, don't feed the troll. As long as your server uses the public hive, your server isn't private and you have no right to prevent people from entering it. If you don't agree with that, stop playing the game.

Edited by Karakoz

ok i don't get it. you have 10-20 friends and want to make pants-down-party in elektro withouth being disturbed by snipers?

Same here. At least when it gets to the pulling of your pants down part irl, you might actually be getting laid.

It's okay for you to play dumb, you are probably still a minor.

Just because you like to be with randoms, does not mean everybody does.

I rather play 10vs10 or whatever kind of team you can make with friends, than playing with random retards that server hop, rq when attacked or hack.

Have fun with trying to sound cool, there are enough kids under the age of 18 that will applaud you for it.

Those people pay an outrageous price to do what they want with their server. Fk right off

They are paying for the right to RENT a server that runs DayZ. They can't 'do what they want' because there are rules in place to stop people being C*nts, farming on their own server and joining a busy one with the their full gear. I would only accept this behaviour if the server was on a private hive.

• Like 2

so this is a pay 2 win game?

Well - maybe the hackers are paying outrageous prices for private hacks - yet you do complain about them. 

Fair game - should be kept fair. simple. 

• Like 3

You'd figure with the money BiS made just from DayZ alone, that'd they'd at least shell out some coin to get their own servers for the testing instead of relying on us players the foot the bill.  I understand, make players rent servers when the game goes full release but come on.

I think I found the server owner OP.

• Like 3

I have seen the sticky about not reporting servers, but I wanted to discuss what the point is? I have seen a server with "Join = kick" in the title that has been run as a private loot farm for the last two months. I was kicked over a dozen times after the admin said I had to leave because it was a private server. I reported them twice to vilayer and provided screenshots and a video showing evidence of the admin abuse and no action was taken. The hosts do not care because they make money from them. In another thread on this, the Dayz forum team advised to report the host. That has ZERO effect. I have reported at least 5 servers to all of the major hosts and they do not care. I even found a server today that had the BE client set to autokick anyone who had a ping over 70. Why do I spend so much time dodging other players and hours and hours scouring for loot when I could just purchase a private server and loot up to my heart's content, then leave and join another server and kill everyone like these guys do? These guys are clearly violating the rules, and no one is doing anything and it is incredibly frustrating.

I reported this server a week ago, which had "join = kick" in their title. They changed their title, yet continue to kick anyone other than Phenix and Toxic, who are always on the server and use it as a loot farm. Try joining it when anyone is on and you will immediately see the same.

o1gWAsL.jpg

who gives a fuck. maybe you should worry more about yourself and stop worrying about what other people are doing. go play another server. this is no different than people crying about kos. and no I don't play on "private servers", but if people pay for a server and want to play alone more power to them imo, it has no effect on gameplay for me.

Edited by hellcat420
  • Like 1