OrLoK

Arma3 Third person fix mod...thoughts?

Why should it be 1pp only? Because people can't cut it? Hardcore is easier and safer. Feel free to play there. I have been enjoying it for that reason. You can be right on top of people before they even know you are there due to the horrible way character movement works.

Why should it be 1pp only? Because people can't cut it? Hardcore is easier and safer. Feel free to play there. I have been enjoying it for that reason. You can be right on top of people before they even know you are there due to the horrible way character movement works.

It shouldn't be 1pp only.

Hardcore should exist and it should be a totally different mode from regular with dealier zombies, harsher survival aspects and less loot.

Regular should continue to have 3pp but a fixed version of it either via 4th wall mod, or a complete change of the position of 3pp or a script that disables 3pp when crouched or prone.

Why? The current system caters to both groups. Why do you care?

Why? The current system caters to both groups. Why do you care?

It does not cater to both groups and there are more than just 2 groups of players.

Many like 3pp but dislike being seen and hate seeing people over and around cover.

It does not cater to both groups and there are more than just 2 groups of players.

Many like 3pp but dislike being seen and hate seeing people over and around cover.

It does cater for both groups.

If you don't like playing with the possibility of being seen around cover or playing with that advantage, then play hardcore.

• Like 2

When I play regular, I like seeing around cover.  So there, you want a third or fourth style of play?  Come on.  Play hardcore.  It is easier anyway so should work great for folks who dislike dying from ambushes around corners.  Instead I can follow you for five minutes because situational awareness is like zero.  Then I will shoot you in the head when you try to eat a can of peaches.

Ok, that fix is great, but doesn't really apply to DayZ as most are spotting while running and in partial LOS. The idea of 3D sound is good, too bad Creative killed Aureal Semiconducter over a decade ago, which has retarded the growth of the 3D sound encoding. Humans have a great sound detection facility on the horizontal plane, however - when sounds are coming from an azimuth higher than our head we can barely precept what direction the sound came from. This is why you see dogs (or any animal with ears) tilt their head to locate a sound that wasn't immediately perceptible. The solution to this problem is head tracking, however the current headtrackers (TrackIR) and VR systems (Oculus) aren't nearly fine enough to tackle the problem. ARMA might well have been one of the best engines to create such a system (legacy AL2 code already there), however since Oculus was bought by AssBook, chances are 3D sound (much like sound and music in video games in general) will be again ignored in favor of graphical performance. Ahh, I remember those days when I used to walk around in CS1 hearing up to 3rd tier reflections of opponents and knowing exactly where they were in the map. Shiiiit - was that over 10 years ago? Thanks Creative, for using your hordes of cash and lawyers to fuck over Aureal - well done... now noone gets any decent sound. 

After playing experimental on servers that only allowed first person view...

And I noticed it makes the game way better. Its more thrillng just to look around cornors, cause you know the moment you can see whats down that street, whatever is down that street can see you.

You cant lie flat on a rooftop and scout the area with 0 risk of being spotted, you cant cover below windows and look out while you are 100% save.

Just cut out the thrid person option all together.

I am not really sure but I guess it could also help against these "hiding in wall" hackers... Guess when they would have to use first person all they would see while inside a wall would be a wall... (But I could be wrong about this...)

Way better for who?

Play hardcore and get off your soap box.  We have had this discussion a dozen times already.

You will love it, Hardcore is much easier.

Merged

Edited by kichilron

I would love this. I really enjoy playing in third person because i like seeing my character and what not but i hate the third person camera exploit when it comes to fights and what not. This would be a perfect compromise for me.

I would love this. I really enjoy playing in third person because i like seeing my character and what not but i hate the third person camera exploit when it comes to fights and what not. This would be a perfect compromise for me.

Perfect solution after some minor tweaking and refinement.

For everyone defending third person, defend this exploit. This poor guy spend like 10 minutes scouting the camp from every angle, but since I could perfectly keep an eye on him while he couldnt possible spot me, I could have just shot him and he would have no chance at all. Lucky for him I am not an Asshole and since I had everything I wanted I stayed out of sight and then left once I had a free run. Still, I only had to wait a bit and bam, free kill he couldnt possible defend himself from.

817258_a74nd9kwzv.jpg

Edited by Raoul9753
  • Like 4

And dont forget people who lie flat of roofs and scout the whole city without any risk to be spotted.

How can ANYONE defend this? It ruins the whole game!

• Like 2

And dont forget people who lie flat of roofs and scout the whole city without any risk to be spotted.

How can ANYONE defend this? It ruins the whole game!

Yup 3pp exploiting is the single most detrimental thing in the game. It absolutely destroys pvp and rewards people who camp and exploit this crutch.

Something must be done eventually.

• Like 3

This mod shown in the video should be implemented ASAP. If you like playing 3rd person, FINE, but you can't cheat using it. It's an exploit through and through. Raoul made a very good picture explaining this, and I agree with him 100%.

• Like 1

Yeah, the mod is good too, but I think just locking everyone in First person is easier.

Hmmm... would the mod also solve the wall glitching problem? like you wouldnt be able to see people when you look through walls or hide in the ground? Cause that would be awesome.

Yeah, the mod is good too, but I think just locking everyone in First person is easier.

Hmmm... would the mod also solve the wall glitching problem? like you wouldnt be able to see people when you look through walls or hide in the ground? Cause that would be awesome.

First person views suck because no game has done a decent job replicating our actually awareness of our surroundings.  We have a great field of view, we have far better mobility and easy of looking around while still engaging in other actions and we incorporate all our senses together to better explore the space around us.  Hell I can even smell a rotten zombie in the next room...

First person views suck because no game has done a decent job replicating our actually awareness of our surroundings.  We have a great field of view, we have far better mobility and easy of looking around while still engaging in other actions and we incorporate all our senses together to better explore the space around us.  Hell I can even smell a rotten zombie in the next room...

Ah this tired old argument.

Why does it matter since everyone would be bound by this restriction? It's not any more unrealistic than seeing your own back at all time.

• Like 1

First person views suck because no game has done a decent job replicating our actually awareness of our surroundings. We have a great field of view, we have far better mobility and easy of looking around while still engaging in other actions and we incorporate all our senses together to better explore the space around us. Hell I can even smell a rotten zombie in the next room...

So because you can't smell a zombie in the next room it is OK to add a 3pp method that allows you to magically see over and around walls?

Fpv does a fine job at simulating human sight so long as you give yourself a proper fov for you monitor size and resolution.

3pp doesn't provide a wider fov. It provides awareness directly to your left and right... and behind you.

I use the alt key and look around all the time. That solves any issue of fov, for me.

...but I think just locking everyone in First person is easier...

Its done allready, called hardcore hive

So what you are up to do is forcing everyone to play 1pp with you?

Is that really answer to any problem?

Sounds more like that some twisted governments do, forcing, "this is for your own good".

...FINE, but you can't cheat using it. It's an exploit through and through...

If using camera view that is ingame build is cheating i think these should be labeled as a cheating also:

Sniper scopes, you can see further than other players?

Gun, you can shoot unarmed people from distance as unarmed have no possibility to fight back?

Even using a flash light must be cheating, you get it from start but you still see in the dark better than those who aint use it.

Yeah i thought so, those are stupid arguments, and they are supposed to be.

Back to serious.

I would let the regulars be regulars and try to create something where hardcore and regulars can meet.

This mod might be the answers, but forcing regulars to clean and polish something that HC players want is ridiculous.

I think that HC players should adopt this kind of mod and make it good, so good that even the major of regular server players starts moving towards these HC servers.

And im not about to remove 1pp only servers, there is room for 3pp HC also, atleast i think so.

I would be personally more than glad to test this, but not like that i have to ruin regular players experience.

As we saw itt that most of 3pp´s think that camera is fine.

IMO leave regular as it is, and create something that is better to everyone, and let the players make the choice.

What comes that 1pp´s narrow view i hate that as much as i hate 3pps you can see over the wall view.

But i aint complaining, im adjusting.

Yup 3pp exploiting is the single most detrimental thing in the game. It absolutely destroys pvp and rewards people who camp and exploit this crutch.

Something must be done eventually.

You have the choice not to play in that view....

Sounds like a you problem...

Quit moaning and play 1pp...

Nothing more needs to be done.

If using camera view that is ingame build is cheating i think these should be labeled as a cheating also:

Sniper scopes, you can see further than other players?

Gun, you can shoot unarmed people from distance as unarmed have no possibility to fight back?

Even using a flash light must be cheating, you get it from start but you still see in the dark better than those who aint use it.

Everything you just listed works in real life.

If in real life you look through a scope, you have increased view, if you fire a gun you kill if you use a light source, you can see in the dark.

But when you look at a wall you cant look over it.

Plus: You can spot snipers.

You can see people have guns

LIght in the dark makes you a big target.

You cant see people abusing 3rd person.

All 3 things you have listed have COUNTERPLAY!

Abusing 3rd person has no counter play at all. 0! Nichts! Nada!

You have the choice not to play in that view....

Sounds like a you problem...

Quit moaning and play 1pp...

Nothing more needs to be done.

Thats basicly like saying "You have to choise to use cheats, so stop complaining about cheaters!"

And I know its not a cheat, but you cant say "dont use it" cause it gives people who use it a big advantage over people who dont use it, so you have no choise, cause you cripple yourself if you dont use it while others can do it

• Like 1