Sign in to follow this  
Pokerguy12

COCAINE, NARCOTICS, BEER AND SMOKES

BATH SALTS PLEASE.

Bathsalt Zombie players ahaha.

Has anyone also considered the potential of using alcohol as an alternative to water for thirst reduction and very mild hunger reduction, giving players a reason to drink it [while flirting with the potential hallucinations, blackouts, loss of coordination, addiction, and withdrawals]?

Without a "sanity" system in the game, a lot of drugs whose main appeal is a high will not really have anything else going for them.

Some pros and cons I have thought of for ingesting the various drugs/alcohols [not their other uses as well]
Alcohol- an always sterile alternative to water with no worry about disease. Can be used as painkiller in large amounts. However, while making you feel warm actually misreports on your body temperature; can in greater quantities cause hallucinated enemies, maxed out head bobbing, oversteering of the cursor ingame while aiming and going through the inventory, slowed movement, and blackouts.

Marijuana- Painkiller. Side effects- slowed movement, hallucinations.

PCP-Improved strength in terms of punches, melee attacks and movement speed [?], hallucination of survivors as zombies [?]

Steroids-Similar positive affects to PCP [?] Energy loss.

Cigarettes-a tiny bit of warmth when lit. You probably won't survive long enough to develop horrible lung cancers.

Speed-increased movement speed and cursor speed-maxed out head bob and energy loss [?]

• Like 1

Has anyone also considered the potential of using alcohol as an alternative to water for thirst reduction and very mild hunger reduction, giving players a reason to drink it [while flirting with the potential hallucinations, blackouts, loss of coordination, addiction, and withdrawals]?

Without a "sanity" system in the game, a lot of drugs whose main appeal is a high will not really have anything else going for them.

Some pros and cons I have thought of for ingesting the various drugs/alcohols [not their other uses as well]

Alcohol- an always sterile alternative to water with no worry about disease. Can be used as painkiller in large amounts. However, while making you feel warm actually misreports on your body temperature; can in greater quantities cause hallucinated enemies, maxed out head bobbing, oversteering of the cursor ingame while aiming and going through the inventory, slowed movement, and blackouts.

PCP-Improved strength in terms of punches, melee attacks and movement speed [?], hallucination of survivors as zombies [?]

Cigarettes-a tiny bit of warmth when lit. You probably won't survive long enough to develop horrible lung cancers.

Speed-increased movement speed and cursor speed-maxed out head bob and energy loss [?]

Indeed like I'm sure has crossed everyones mind that has posted on this topic... for drugs to have any real use in the game a sanity meter would propel the idea but anyone who knows whats going on in this game doesnt want a sanity meter.. So the physical effects would be best... if subtle at most first off... marijuuana should only have mild hallucination effects unless you smoking hash or weed laced with opium ;)

But whatever your effects suggestion look good to me especially the alc with the thisrt/hungar idea and thinking you are feeling warm when in fact you are not

if pain will be added in game drugs or alcohol would disable it for minute.
and cocaine would make you fell stronger and you could run faster and longer.
alcohol and cannabis would make you feel less pain but makes your weapons less accuracy.

Painkillers should really be designed to prevent going into shock, which immobilises you sometimes after taking heavy injury. That said, for the sake of realism alcohol and drugs should take a couple minutes to kick in.

Isnt there beer in dayz, rasputin kvass? Adding a drunk effect after an amount of beers could be funny. Also could have other effects like faster dehydration, slower walking, the need of food (kebab :p) and possibly vomitting.

Imagine yourself and your crew running around drunk and trying to loot a supermarket :p.

Not to mention the bans it will get in the countries around the world.

Can promise you Autralia will ban it for sure if drugs are added, and i doubt BI wants the game to get banned "postal style" around the world.

I picked that game up a few days ago lol. Fuckin awesome.

And coke would definately be a good one for do or die situations.

BEER AND SMOKES. Makes your screen drowsy and swirling with colors. Body vitality temporarily restored and all actions are performed faster. Vomiting?

COCAINE AND NARCOTICS Super strength and speed for a duration at the cost of severe blood loss and sickness after the duration, repeated consumption builds tolerance.

Alcohol and nicotine doesn't "restore" your body, quite the opposite.

Cocaine IS a narcotic. And no kind of narcotics give you super strength and/or speed, even though some of them might make you THINK they do.

Regardless, none of this would add anything useful to the game. 

Alkohol would NOT work as a substitute for water, it dehydrates your body, heavily, thats the reason you get hangovers mate :)

No sane person would ever chose a bottle of whiskey over water in a crisis situation, it will most likely, only make you die faster.

Marijuana-Painkillers, is this an actual pill or do you plan on finding the plant around in Chernarus? It could work, but only as a mild pain killer.

It would do nothing against a big wound or a broken leg tbh, its just not strong enough.

PCP, dont really know enough about to comment tbh, but imprioved strenght sounds very exaggerated mate.

Steroids will not cause any effect instantly really, it takes time to build up and for your body to make use of the extra testosterone it recieves. Also, heavy cardio exersice is not recommended during a steroid usage, so running 500 miles a day will make you have a heart attack very fast.

Cigarettes, again when running 500 miles a day, it will cause nothing but a shortage of breath and make you run slower. Ive smoked for many years, recently stopped, and it sure as hell didnt give me any warmth when smoking :)

Speed will not increase your movement speed or anything like that either, it will make you feel "full of energy" for a short period of time, and make you use up your reserve energy much much faster, making your need to drink and eat much higher then normally. People danse to death using speed you know, for this exact reason.

You heart rate would also rise alot, making a heart attack when running so much, very likely.

I still dont see any valid reason to put drugs into the game, as any sane person would stay far away from something like this in an apocalyptic event really.

Those who doesnt stay away from it, will die off quite fast, so whats the point of adding something like this to a survial game?

Theres plenty of other ways to get yourself killed :)

in ww1 and ww2 europeans were given rations of cigarettes and alcohol.  The alcohol helped them through the cold harsh winters and the cigarettes i think were for morale.  I think drinking alcohol should help the muscles relax for cold weather.  Im sure the servers at some point will have snow, which should result in being cold and giving you the shakes.  I think having a moderate dose of alcohol should help calm the muscles, which would help the shakes.  Cigarettes would just be awesome to have in game, just for fun.  I think those are the only ones that should be added in, if any others were added in, I think it should be marijuana and heroine like arma 3 altis, with the same side effects

Edited by srgnt.pepper

Yeah, let's add clubs as well, with half naked dancers and very loud techno music.

Because that would be as logical as having cocaïne in a zombie apocalypse.

Perhaps add pink flying elephants, and groovy purple camels, that dance around in elektro.

I'm all for realism, you see.

• Like 1

Marijuana - This should make your reaction time 10 times slower, and slowly lower your IQ by 10 points per session until you're a vegatable

Speed - This will make your teeth fall out

Cocaïne - This will give you random heart attacks

Heroin - Will slowly turn you into a zombie

Alcohol - Will blur your vision, it slows you down, turning rate is irregular and makes you say uncontrollable uncomprehensive things

Ecstasy - Will prevent you from shooting anyone. Will make you say you love anyone you come across and see flying camels on a regular basis

Edited by Sum Ting Wong

More to the point, where would you get it?

I got a guy. 

• Like 2

Alkohol would NOT work as a substitute for water, it dehydrates your body, heavily, thats the reason you get hangovers mate :)

No sane person would ever chose a bottle of whiskey over water in a crisis situation, it will most likely, only make you die faster. Actually, alcohol causes an increased rate of urination by stimulating the kidneys to eject the associated chemicals. Being a liquid with not enough salt to be counted as a saline, it actually assists thirst in the short term. In the "crisis situation" you pose, if you had no water whatsoever and were dying of thirst, you'd gladly ingest alcoholic liquid.

Marijuana-Painkillers, is this an actual pill or do you plan on finding the plant around in Chernarus? Possbily Ziploc bags, although it isn't too far fetched in a suspect backwoods country like Chernarus that people would be growing it. Marijuana is in fact an efficient painkiller, which is why cancer sufferers use it-- you may have heard of a little thing called "medicinal marijuana"?

PCP, dont really know enough about to comment tbh, but imprioved strenght sounds very exaggerated mate. If you don't know, why did you have to mention it, mate? Mine was just a suggestion, yours was a criticism without knowing anything on it at all.  Also, *strength. According to the... infallible Wikipedia, " PCP may induce feelings of strength, power, and invulnerability as well as a numbing effect on the mind." Looking at it like that I can see it as having use as a painkiller as well/ as the rush it gives the user.

Steroids will not cause any effect instantly really, it takes time to build up and for your body to make use of the extra testosterone it recieves. Also, heavy cardio exersice is not recommended during a steroid usage, so running 500 miles a day will make you have a heart attack very fast. Yeah, fair enough.

Cigarettes, again when running 500 miles a day, it will cause nothing but a shortage of breath and make you run slower. Ive smoked for many years, recently stopped, and it sure as hell didnt give me any warmth when smoking :) I really dislike smoking and don't want to make it look good in any way, but if you put something that's on fire in your mouth when you're cold, you're going to get a little warmer. That's how physics works. And the long term effects are not worth implementing when most players will never live longer than a month with one character in the whole time they play the game.

Speed will not increase your movement speed or anything like that either, it will make you feel "full of energy" for a short period of time, and make you use up your reserve energy much much faster, making your need to drink and eat much higher then normally. People danse to death using speed you know, for this exact reason.

You heart rate would also rise alot, making a heart attack when running so much, very likely. We aren't up to players having heart attacks yet, but the average Survivor model seems pretty damn fit. Speed would at least give you some kind of intense focus bonus.

I still dont see any valid reason to put drugs into the game, as any sane person would stay far away from something like this in an apocalyptic event really.

Those who doesnt stay away from it, will die off quite fast, so whats the point of adding something like this to a survial game?

Theres plenty of other ways to get yourself killed :) It's just a feature, and one that could add to the fun. Why have rotten bananas in DayZ, for example, as their benefit is nowhere near worth their downside? You can't just take out all the things that can kill retarded enough players, because that narrows your field of opportunities. For instance, feeding acid to bambis to make them trip out, the sort of sadistic stuff bandits get up to now.

Yeah, let's add clubs as well, with half naked dancers and very loud techno music.

Because that would be as logical as having cocaïne in a zombie apocalypse.

Perhaps add pink flying elephants, and groovy purple camels, that dance around in elektro.

I'm all for realism, you see.

You're a fucking sarcastic moron. If you weren't so dedicated to getting beans for your hilarious endeavours, you'd realise that drugs proliferate in low-class, sketchy areas, areas just like Chernarus. When the zombies showed up, that didn't automatically mean that all of the junkies' stashes disappeared magically. They stuck around, just like the bags of rice and pants and detergent bottles. Cocaine makes a hell of a lot of sense in a poor ex-Soviet town which probably suffered from gangs and drug dealers like many other poor ex-Soviet towns, because once those drug dealers became zombies they were leaving their goods behind for good.

Edited by orlok
dont insult

This would serve no purpose whatsoever other than kids feeling gangsta because they smoked cigs, drunk alcohol and snorted coke in a computer game.

Oh boy...this suggestion...

/edit:

A big fat M on the game will maybe drive away all the underage COD kiddies? I say add drugs! Hell, let's turn that M into an AO! Keep it mature!

yeah, because that works..In germany CoD has a rating of 18+ and you hardly see anyone around that age when hopping in a lobby, most people seem to be younger than 16.

I'd say, give that game an EC rating of 3 and up and you most likely would have less kids playing it, because playing games without a M or AO rating really wouldn't be considered cool.

Edited by daisho
  • Like 2

Krokodil? I mean that pretty much makes you look like a zombie...

ah the origin of the zeds has been found at last. and I love the gold spray paint idea haha chenarus is going to be full of gold faced junkies LoL might as well add Listerine if my toons gonna be a drunk he might as well have a sparkling smile and fresh breath.

maybe if they add different alcohol we can mix them all together and craft hobo's delight. it'll energize and make you stagger all over chenarus. and don't forget its purple has to be purple in flavor and color.

My 2 cents is just add alcohol and smokes. Dean mentioned adding these in one of the dev blogs I think, or some video. Either way, they make awesome RP elements if they are done right. 

Marijuana, alcohol, and beta blockers are all banned by the Olympics because they steady your nerves and give you an unfair advantage in shooting, no joke. All 3 of these drugs will improve your steadiness and make you a better shot.I don't foresee beta blockers being in the game; anyone with heart troubles is in a world of shit.

I read this long article by a man in the civil war (he didn't participate in it, just tried to survive) in what was once Yugoslavia. Many of the hard drug users died when SHTF, but marijuana and alcohol flourished. However, he noted, sometimes you could almost sort of hear a far away song play with marijuana, that you just can't quite hear. Don't go outside looking for it when there are mortars and machine guns going off outside.

Marijuana, alcohol, and beta blockers are all banned by the Olympics because they steady your nerves and give you an unfair advantage in shooting, no joke. All 3 of these drugs will improve your steadiness and make you a better shot.I don't foresee beta blockers being in the game; anyone with heart troubles is in a world of shit.

I read this long article by a man in the civil war (he didn't participate in it, just tried to survive) in what was once Yugoslavia. Many of the hard drug users died when SHTF, but marijuana and alcohol flourished. However, he noted, sometimes you could almost sort of hear a far away song play with marijuana, that you just can't quite hear. Don't go outside looking for it when there are mortars and machine guns going off outside.

Wat?

Here are 3 known examples of drugs which allow you to be less shaky and thus shoot more accurately. Because of this, these 3 particular drugs are banned by the Olympics, which used to have events that included target shooting.

As a side note, I mentioned how some drugs can produce something like a mild audio hallucination. Trying to locate source of said audio hallucination can easily get you killed if you're in a hostile environment.

Beer has never quenched my thirst it made me hungrier cause i poured out like a fountain afterwards

Btw I can hook you guys up in DayZ I got ten pounds of painkillers and 20 bags of morphine with a bag and spraypaint plus disenfectants