pythonmsh

What civ style weapons would you like to see?

main-3034.jpg

Lever Action Winchesters, please. I can't get enough of these rifles- So badass, would go well with a cowboy style loadout. While we're at it, some more exotic revolvers would be great, too.

Winchester 1895 would fit in better than the 1866 Yellowboy , I dare to say ;)

W1895 has a different magazine, but uses the same ammo as the Mosin and reloads like a typical Winchester. Both reload the same way

And maybe even a sawn off version of it, because of the different mag.

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 2

None, IMO we have enough guns to last for half a year of development. I want to see more things to shoot at instead, like zombies and animals.

Heavily disagree.

There is a lack of variety in what people use. I'm sick of squads having guys with M4's and M4's only. I want variety in the arms of survivors.

None, IMO we have enough guns to last for half a year of development. I want to see more things to shoot at instead, like zombies and animals.

agreed. The weaponry is going to be an ongoing thing that can always be added to and revised, but roaming the woods between towns is missing that zombie danger and deer chasing excitement that could really make things even more enjoyable.

I can just see two players hunting the same deer and it ending in a shoot-out

Edited by Rhaazerus
  • Like 2

Well, if UMPs are considered civilian I would really like those so you can have them in your inventory, like the pistols right now. They could take like 6 or 8 slots, but would be awesome for buidings as a sidearm. Something like an MP5, MP7, MP9, H&K UMP or Criss Vector. Or maybe a glock, its a awesome pistol.

• Like 1

i am a civilian and i own 2 ak-47 sporting rifles. one is an acutal kalashnikov, and the other is romainan

What I actually meant was that Aks such as the AK-74 are not civilian weapons. I don't know about the AKM though.

Edited by AntonioAJC

What I actually meant was that Aks such as the AK-74 are not civilian weapons. I don't know about the AKM though.

you probably can buy civilian ak-74's, i have personally never looked for them because im not really a fan of the ak, its just the ak47 is a cheap rifle to waste ammo with so i dont care if i ruin mine or not when out messing around with it.

Edited by hellcat420

No military style weapons that we use today. I'd personally love to see

M60

Th

remington-vs-mossberg.jpg

They should be able to be sawn off into the SBR pistol version

and also Sig 380

sigsauer.jpg

I think the OP meant CIVILIAN weapons. This is not a normal suggest gun thread.

All those SKS and Mosins laying around ARE civilian weapons. Now.

The Military stopped using them years ago.

But I understand your point. Let's call them Mil-Surp instead of military or civilian.

Any M1 you might find nowadays would be a civilian weapon. You might be surprised at how many you'd find in homes all across the US.

Since Chernarus is a former Soviet region, their civilians would mostly have older Russian guns like the Mosin and SKS.

Nato guns like the M1 would probably be rare but would certainly be civilian owned.

Edited by Hutch

Th

remington-vs-mossberg.jpg

They should be able to be sawn off into the SBR pistol version

We should be able to choose saw off barrel, stock, or both.

ry54bytbilaa.png

• Like 2

i want the birthday present i bought myself this year in game as well.  the Ruger SR 5.56, its a badass firearm. the downside is the supressor costs more than the rifle itself and its an 8 month wait for the atf to process the paperwork=(

468l.jpg

That is one badass gun. I think you may have inspired me to get one, seriously. I've been contemplating getting an AR for a while and after reading up on it, I think i'm sold. Might have to wait a little while because I don't have 800-1k usd lying around at the moment.

How do you like it so far?

Anyway, to be on topic I would say a benelli pump shotty and a CZ 550 are good suggestions. I would also like to see a Remington 700 or something similar. Solid hunting rifle with long distance. I like mine anyway :-P You can get something somewhat similar at most sporting goods stores. Maybe not with the parts I have on mine, but it's still a solid weapon on its own.

Edited by Gekkonidae

Yew Longbow!

english%20longbows.jpg

Actually I am semi-serious about this. I hate modern bows with all the counter-weights and pulley systems and rubbish all over them. I much prefer the simplicity of the long yew bow and would love to have one in DayZ to take hunting. Might be a bit 'overkill' considering the draw weights involved.

As far as firearms go, probably a W W Greener Martini action shotgun (chambered in 12 bore, unlike the ones police units had which were 14 bore);

515910_-_photo_0_1381963304_img.jpg

Edited by rapier17
  • Like 3

M60

Shit, if you're going that route you may as well toss in an MK 48 Mod 1 into the mix for good measure.

Well, if UMPs are considered civilian I would really like those so you can have them in your inventory, like the pistols right now. They could take like 6 or 8 slots, but would be awesome for buidings as a sidearm. Something like an MP5, MP7, MP9, H&K UMP or Criss Vector. Or maybe a glock, its a awesome pistol.

*Kriss

YOU DEAR MISSPELL MY BELOVED SUBMACHINE GUN AGAIN AND I WILL.. W-WILL DO THINGS TO YOUR UMP.

As a really-not-serious one, behold!;

The matchlock musket!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KTS8PQ06Qo

As an English Civil Wars reenactor I've fired matchlocks on several occasions and I have to say it is a lot of fun. More so than firing a shotgun. Totally impractical for DayZ, especially as you probably wouldn't hit anything beyond 30 yards, and the colossal noise would attract every zombie & bandit in Chernarus* but hey, it would amuse me!

*An exaggeration.

• Like 1

I would totally use a musket rifle haha

as inefficient as it might be, the fun would be too enticing

AR-15 Semi (Lootable in residential, while making the M4 only spawn in military), increase the variety in hunting rifles, but reduce the spawn rate of scopes. PU Scopes are too common, compared to the M4 Acog. Handguns should spawn at a much higher frequency, much higher than rifles/shotguns etc. Essentially you should be able to walk into any given town and find a pistol of some sort.

That being said PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY MORE GUNS UNTIL THERE ARE ENOUGH ZOMBIES AND AMMO SPAWNS ARE REDUCED. There is too much... an unrealistic amount of KOS as it is without adding MORE guns.

i am a civilian and i own 2 ak-47 sporting rifles. one is an acutal kalashnikov, and the other is romainan

Just because you can obtain one as a civilian does not make it a civilian weapon. Think before you post please.

• Like 1

Tec 22 with suppressor attachment to be found and used with it.

tec22quiet6077.jpg

hucDrWb.jpg

Hopefully this is "civilian" enough for this thread...

HK91

AR-15 Semi (Lootable in residential, while making the M4 only spawn in military), increase the variety in hunting rifles, but reduce the spawn rate of scopes. PU Scopes are too common, compared to the M4 Acog. Handguns should spawn at a much higher frequency, much higher than rifles/shotguns etc. Essentially you should be able to walk into any given town and find a pistol of some sort.

That being said PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY MORE GUNS UNTIL THERE ARE ENOUGH ZOMBIES AND AMMO SPAWNS ARE REDUCED. There is too much... an unrealistic amount of KOS as it is without adding MORE guns.

Just because you can obtain one as a civilian does not make it a civilian weapon. Think before you post please.

So if you can own it as a civilian...it's not a civilian weapon?!  The most common .22's I see as a civilian are ruger 10/22's they are in the game.  Now let me state something here there seems to be some SERIOUS .22 caliber fan boys here.  I'm not sure if your wrists are just limp or if you truly belief when shopping for a home defense weapon people pick a small caliber with little to no stopping power.  Keep the air rifles to the U.K.  Where I'm originally from in Texas, you go big or you go home...or with your .22 you go in a casket.  

I want Pepper Spray or CS Gas. 

o-POLICE-PEPPER-SPRAYS-WOMAN-900.jpg?6

• Like 4

So if you can own it as a civilian...it's not a civilian weapon?!  The most common .22's I see as a civilian are ruger 10/22's they are in the game.  Now let me state something here there seems to be some SERIOUS .22 caliber fan boys here.  I'm not sure if your wrists are just limp or if you truly belief when shopping for a home defense weapon people pick a small caliber with little to no stopping power.  Keep the air rifles to the U.K.  Where I'm originally from in Texas, you go big or you go home...or with your .22 you go in a casket.  

The reason I want to see more .22's is that they're very common among target shooters, and I assume it'd be the same in Chernarus (if it existed :)). For the same reason I'd like to see a few more hunting rifles of various brands and descriptions, a couple of pistols, some shotguns and a bow or two. Then some russian-style infantry weapons, and we're done. We don't need friggin' miniguns and rocket launchers.