Sebidee

Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?

Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?

• Yes, headshots.
    • No, I like it how it is.
    • Compromise, headshots should kill them in one but they should be able to take more damage to the body.

Nah. They invaded it because the religious fanatic woman didn't care to cover the tracks, so they found it. They let the dog die (in the book as well :( mean bastards) but this butterfly-tattoed "i can hear god speak now that's so quiet" idiot survives. Yeah...

Yeah, I too got pissed off when that deeply religious woman was saying that "Oh, god made me turn on my radio to listen to your broadcast!". Seriously? What are you, a muppet being controlled by someone else you refer to as god?

The "zombies" are infected human living; humans with a rabid type disease. Therefore their bodies should suffer the same trauma as a normal human would, although with an adrenaline-high mind (ignores pain etc etc)

• Like 2

The "zombies" are infected human living; humans with a rabid type disease. Therefore their bodies should suffer the same trauma as a normal human would, although with an adrenaline-high mind (ignores pain etc etc)

Sorry dude but a bunch of guys want to scrap the developers plans and make them RomeroZ.

• Like 1

Yes but an adrenaline-high mind and inability to feel pain would make them COMPLETELY different to humans. If you shot them in the lungs, or belly or in their limbs it would have no immediate effect and probably wouldn't kill them for an hour or so.

Ok. Well how about making them classical undead zombies?

I think shuffling, slow, unmotivated zombies would make DayZ that much less interesting.

It's far more intense when you hear that scream and you suddenly have a half dozen zombies barreling down on you (Experimental) at full speed, and your only chance to survive is to out run them, less you incur the wrath of a horde.

• Like 1

It's far more intense when you hear that scream and you suddenly have a half dozen zombies barreling down on you (Experimental) at full speed, and your only chance to survive is to out run them, less you incur the wrath of a horde.

true :) And if you have a gun you can get rid of them...for some seconds before even more come XD

Oh and tip for experimental: DOn't wear anything valuable in your vest/hoodie/raincoat/whatever covers your chest. I got some cans of food ruined by zombie hits, because they aim now for your chest instead of your head...

Edited by LaughingJack

No, no and for the last time, NO!

I'm tired of people wanting the classical zombies on DayZ. THESE ARE NOT THE UNDEAD, THESE ARE INFECTED LIVING PEOPLE! The infection killed most of the world's population, leaving a percent of it, as enraged, violent people. Apparently the 2% of the population (Us players) were left unscathed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1zbsks/psa_the_zombies_arent_dead_theyre_infected_living/

ok then how do they make those twisted voices like bwaaaargh and eeeaeaeaeaeaauuuaaaa

I don't think it should be headshot only.. I just think it should require a LOT of body shots, OR a single headshot.

Yes but an adrenaline-high mind and inability to feel pain would make them COMPLETELY different to humans. If you shot them in the lungs, or belly or in their limbs it would have no immediate effect and probably wouldn't kill them for an hour or so.

Here, go shoot yourself in the limb, or in the stomach. Go ahead, destroy that muscle. Then, go run somewhere. 

It isn't just the pain from getting shot that would prevent you from running. Chances are, a good-sized chunk of muscle/ligament that you would ordinarily use to walk simply ISN'T THERE ANYMORE.

Also, yes, due to adrenaline, chances are they wouldn't feel it, until later. They would, however, bleed out. You do know you bleed when you get shot/wounded, right?

If they get shot in the lungs, they would drown in their own blood within a couple of seconds, that is, if their lung didn't collapse immediately. 

Everything doesn't boil down to pain, bucko.

• Like 1

I don't think it should be headshot only.. I just think it should require a LOT of body shots, OR a single headshot.

Yes, make it so that you don't have to go for the head but you SHOULD, and that it is more often than not would be the best course of action. It should be the option of firing one shot to the head or unloading half of your clip into their body.

I like how people are arguing over the anatomy of zombies.. 

...fucking forums. Devolving every issue into a pointless argument since 2001.

Going with the lore of DayZ here: They're infected with a rabies like string that makes them aggresive as fuck and lose all but the most basic cognitive function. They're still human beings, they're still going to die when you damage the right bits.

Now that they might take some more hits from certain calibres I can understand, plenty a drugged out wanker has taken more than a couple of 9mm hits to go down.. But headshots only? No

Here, go shoot yourself in the limb, or in the stomach. Go ahead, destroy that muscle. Then, go run somewhere. 

It isn't just the pain from getting shot that would prevent you from running. Chances are, a good-sized chunk of muscle/ligament that you would ordinarily use to walk simply ISN'T THERE ANYMORE.

Also, yes, due to adrenaline, chances are they wouldn't feel it, until later. They would, however, bleed out. You do know you bleed when you get shot/wounded, right?

If they get shot in the lungs, they would drown in their own blood within a couple of seconds, that is, if their lung didn't collapse immediately. 

Everything doesn't boil down to pain, bucko.

Oh come on please. Sure they would lose muscle but they aren't going to lose their entire leg. It would slow them down but it wouldn't stop them, not if they are mindless killing machines. And no, you would not bleed out in seconds if a bullet missed a major artery. Get shot in the stomach, or your limbs (except for the femoral artery) and you will not bleed out for quite some time. This isn't a hollywood movie with blood squibs, you know that bucko?

Yes, getting shot in the lungs would kill you pretty quick but not quick enough if that zombie is coming right at you. What I'm talking about is the instant that the thing is attacking, you think that shooting it in the lung, even if the lung collapses is going to stop it dead when it's dinner is within arms reach? No. If it doesn't feel pain it won't care that it will be dead in a few minutes because YOU will be dead first.

Oh come on please. Sure they would lose muscle but they aren't going to lose their entire leg. It would slow them down but it wouldn't stop them, not if they are mindless killing machines. And no, you would not bleed out in seconds if a bullet missed a major artery. Get shot in the stomach, or your limbs (except for the femoral artery) and you will not bleed out for quite some time. This isn't a hollywood movie with blood squibs, you know that bucko?

Yes, getting shot in the lungs would kill you pretty quick but not quick enough if that zombie is coming right at you. What I'm talking about is the instant that the thing is attacking, you think that shooting it in the lung, even if the lung collapses is going to stop it dead when it's dinner is within arms reach? No. If it doesn't feel pain it won't care that it will be dead in a few minutes because YOU will be dead first.

And that is why we double tap with preferably a high stopping power calibre such as a .45. I don't care if the damn zed cares... it's physically getting stopped. You can always put one extra in for good measure once they go down

Edit: I do that 2 bambi.. ehr players too btw :P

Edited by HazZarD87

I think for overall fun and taking into account the rarity of what ammo *should* become - two to the body and one to the head would be ideal. I think it's enough to hear a player if he has a loud weapon & it's enough to annoy the silent weapon type's who value ammo; bandit's as well.

This thinking is also taking into account that there will be more zombie's per-player per-screen in the future.

Edited by Strongtent

Zombies will be dangerous enough even if they die from a single shot when there simply is a lot more of them. I doubt SA will fall into the same trap the mod did when they tried to up PvE "difficulty" by making the zeds walking AI wallhacks with 3km pin point hearing.. appearing out of thin air like ghosts all over the map.

It isn't that it isn't going to feel pain, it is the fact that it won't be able to move. The human leg is rather complicated, with muscle groups and ligaments acting in concert to move the entire limb. Get a muscle cramp, and see what I mean: You can pretty much only hop about until the cramp goes away. If muscle function is impaired (it doesn't even have to be completely removed, regular damage from say, a bullet.) the limb is essentially useless. 

Also, when your body metabolizes adrenaline, EVERYTHING speeds up; heart rate, muscle cells firing, everything. You'll bleed out faster running around than you do sitting still. 

Also Also, you have a major vein and artery in each major limb. It isn't just the femoral artery you should worry about. Look up "pressure points and bleeding" etc. 

• Like 1

ok then how do they make those twisted voices like bwaaaargh and eeeaeaeaeaeaauuuaaaa

They do them with their own voices? Are you saying that you cannot make those noices in real life? I can do those screams, you have to use your throat a lot. :P

• Like 1

They aren't Zombies.

They aren't dead or Un-Dead.

As Rocket has stated before...

They are humans who are alive but infected with a virus that affects their brain.

Other than being mentally altered, they are living humans who can be killed any way you can kill a human.

They probably have a higher tolerance or immunity to pain so you really have to hit 'em hard enough to drop their BP quickly.

• Like 1

They aren't Zombies.

They aren't dead or Un-Dead.

As Rocket has stated before...

They are humans who are alive but infected with a virus that affects their brain.

Other than being mentally altered, they are living humans who can be killed any way you can kill a human.

They probably have a higher tolerance or immunity to pain so you really have to hit 'em hard enough to drop their BP quickly.

Or just physically knock down or disable them. You're not gonna keep coming at me if I've just shattered your sternum, popped a kneecap or hit anywhere along the deadly T for that matter.

There's many factors at play here, calibre, point of impact, bullet behaviour once inside the body.. Not that all of it can be recreated in a game but DayZ deals in infected human beings, not supernatural-superhuman undead.

In my opinion. Zombies are way too fucking easy right now.

If I had my way I would make it so that you can only kill a zombie by destroying the brain. It fits in with all the other zombie franchises (except 28 Days, but they aren't really zombies) 

Oh you just didn't....

• Like 3

Oh you just didn't....

They aren't!

I think they need to be a larger threat than they are, headshots

I think they need to be a larger threat than they are, headshots

Stagnant Pepper, are you new here? I mean, like did you read this entire stupid thread? These are not BRAINSssssss Zombies a la Romero... They are infected/sick human beings with heartbeats and blood and lungs... People just call them zombies as a nickname. Some people complain that they shouldn't be called zombies, but come on, in real life if people started walking around in a stupor until becoming bloodthirsty murderous psychos then we would probably call them zombies too. But you know what... They still wouldn't need headshots. People with hard-ons for headshots drive me up a wall. It's just not grounded in this game world at all...

WALL OF TEXT!

TL;DR - fuck off with the headshots already. They will be unstoppable killing machines when they horde/spawn. Try experimental build for a taste... Make them headshot only = unplayable nightmare game.

Edit: sorry for being a little harsh but honestly I don't understand the constant headshot blabber. COD zombie mode has your fix there.

Edited by Crooked Hauser
  • Like 1